New to the Threads... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:22 AM   #1

Region: North Carolina
New to the Threads...

Well I am new here, and was recommended here by a friend.

I am currently in possession of a V6 2005 Mustang. And I would like to improve it's performance. My good friend has suggested tuning, but I cannot afford a Tuner where I stand.

So what would be a good way to go about improving performance, yet keeping a decent budget? Or should I just save for a tuner?
horsin_around is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: New to the Threads...

dual exhaust
blackhawk 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsin_around
Well I am new here, and was recommended here by a friend.

I am currently in possession of a V6 2005 Mustang. And I would like to improve it's performance. My good friend has suggested tuning, but I cannot afford a Tuner where I stand.

So what would be a good way to go about improving performance, yet keeping a decent budget? Or should I just save for a tuner?
Question is!.. What's your budget!.. About the best mod you can get for your car is a tuner!.. As every thing else falls into play with that!.. Other mods like a Cold Air Intake, and cat back exhaust will help!.. But you won't actually see their full potential with out at least a basic tune!..
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Most exhausts are still more expensive then a tuner. It would be safe to get that, so as you add more parts you can have your car retuned to get more out of it. And with american muscles free tunes for life its a great investment. other than that most cold air intakes are cheaper, but you may run a bit lean without a tune on some of them (stay away from tune required ones if you dont get a tuner first). I would also recommend one with a reusable air filter, to keep costs down.
ForsakenProto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #5

@blackhawk1, thanks for the suggestion. You think it could be cheaper?

@Eturner, it would make sense to get the tuner first since it would improve on any other part I add. Besides, my budget says, "Might as well save instead." haha

@ForsakenProto, sounds like the tuner would save me trouble from picking between the parts that need tuning and the parts that don't. Among the fact that it would make every part I add better.
horsin_around is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang