what do i do next for more power? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
angelofrat42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 252
what do i do next for more power?

I already have my exhaust, CAI, and tune done. what else can i do to get more power without getting forced induction or nitrous? i found an UDP for 300 but not convinced it will give me the quoted 16rwhp. any ideas?
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofrat42
I already have my exhaust, CAI, and tune done. what else can i do to get more power without getting forced induction or nitrous? i found an UDP for 300 but not convinced it will give me the quoted 16rwhp. any ideas?
That's real expensive for udp. I'd suggest an upgrade to an 8.8 and some 3.73's or 3.90's.. The 7.5's will take some abuse but it seems like some will take more than others, and a well prepped 8.8 will take just about anything you can throw at it worry free. They can be had for cheap money in salvage yards or CL
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
angelofrat42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 252
Re: what do i do next for more power?

its no problem i changed my mind im just going to save up for a v8. i need more power and i dont want to do forced induction. the sound in a v8 is 100x better than a v6 and the car stock is more powerful than anything i could realistically get without a s/c or turbo
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
That is actually no true about the power, it is possible to get as much power and some people get even more power than a GT without a SC or Turbo.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
angelofrat42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Arizona
Posts: 252
Re: what do i do next for more power?

how could you do that without paying a ridiculous amount of money
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
That is actually no true about the power, it is possible to get as much power and some people get even more power than a GT without a SC or Turbo.
Explain? I have full exhaust and a 93 octane tune, and im still not close to v8... and those are a good amount of bolt ons for a 6. Even cammed it's not enough and that's still a ton of money
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: what do i do next for more power?

Let me rephrase that statement i made, it came out a little differently than i intended looking back at it... People have made their their v6 get better strip and track times than the Gt. Even little things that do not "increase" HP and Tq can benefit the car, such as a new Throttle Body, short throw shifter, replace heavier parts with lighter ones (ie. wheels, hood, fenders)... Looking back at my previous statement i didn't actually mean "power", i meant more "performance"... Some of it may be more than people want to do to their cars.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Let me rephrase that statement i made, it came out a little differently than i intended looking back at it... People have made their their v6 get better strip and track times than the Gt. Even little things that do not "increase" HP and Tq can benefit the car, such as a new Throttle Body, short throw shifter, replace heavier parts with lighter ones (ie. wheels, hood, fenders)... Looking back at my previous statement i didn't actually mean "power", i meant more "performance"... Some of it may be more than people want to do to their cars.
Yeah I got ya. But that still is very expensive
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What made you smile today...? deadsp0t The Bar 12797 11-16-2017 04:00 PM
What did you do today? Qwik Four Six The Bar 20466 01-14-2017 04:24 PM
Vote for your favorite T-shirt 99ford The Bar 96 03-26-2012 10:13 PM
Trade-In for 2013 Model W0lfMAN21 2011-2014 Mustang GT 25 03-09-2012 04:53 PM
Looking for car audio? 2003SonicBlue Mustang Audio & Video 9 03-08-2012 02:11 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



08:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.