Need opinions for summer mod - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Need opinions for summer mod

Well, I start working around the end of March, and would like to have an idea of what I would be able to get for my car this summer. I have a few ideas of what I want, but don't know if I have everything in mind that I would need for these. So...

First choice is nitrous. I could find a used kit on ebay/craigslist, but idk if used nitrous kits are something to stay away from. I know I need a window switch, remote bottle opener, bottle heater, different spark plugs, and a tune. Anything I am missing? And I think I could do this for ~$1000. Am I correct in thinking that?

Second choice is gears/tlok Pretty sure I'm gonna go with 4.10's. Now my question here is would it be better to buy the gears, tlok, and rebuild kit (hitting 100k miles soon) or go with an 8.8 rearend and gears? I think that it would be a little more expensive to go with the 8.8 and gears, but is it worth it? Also thinking I could do this for around $1000 including install.

Third choice is lowering the car. I have 19's on though, so I'm not sure how much I could lower it before the tires start rubbing. I think I read somewhere that I could get it rolled some so I could lower it more? I want the H&R super sport springs, which lower it 1.7 front and 1.9 rear. Is that still possible? And is there anything else I would need with the lowering springs? I imagine I could do this for maybe $750? But not sure

Last choice is just a few cosmetic mods. Halo's, gt grill with fog lights, 8 inch antenna, and a third brake light cover. Possibly the smoked LED tail lights from AM. Still not sure yet though. I think i could do this by myself, so no installation costs. I added it all up on AM and can get everything for just under $600. The cheaper price for so many things is somewhat appealing...but idk.

Just wanted other people's thoughts before I decide and start saving. Thanks in advance!
soccerfreak2143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Need opinions for summer mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
Well, I start working around the end of March, and would like to have an idea of what I would be able to get for my car this summer. I have a few ideas of what I want, but don't know if I have everything in mind that I would need for these. So...

First choice is nitrous. I could find a used kit on ebay/craigslist, but idk if used nitrous kits are something to stay away from. I know I need a window switch, remote bottle opener, bottle heater, different spark plugs, and a tune. Anything I am missing? And I think I could do this for ~$1000. Am I correct in thinking that?

Second choice is gears/tlok Pretty sure I'm gonna go with 4.10's. Now my question here is would it be better to buy the gears, tlok, and rebuild kit (hitting 100k miles soon) or go with an 8.8 rearend and gears? I think that it would be a little more expensive to go with the 8.8 and gears, but is it worth it? Also thinking I could do this for around $1000 including install.

Third choice is lowering the car. I have 19's on though, so I'm not sure how much I could lower it before the tires start rubbing. I think I read somewhere that I could get it rolled some so I could lower it more? I want the H&R super sport springs, which lower it 1.7 front and 1.9 rear. Is that still possible? And is there anything else I would need with the lowering springs? I imagine I could do this for maybe $750? But not sure

Last choice is just a few cosmetic mods. Halo's, gt grill with fog lights, 8 inch antenna, and a third brake light cover. Possibly the smoked LED tail lights from AM. Still not sure yet though. I think i could do this by myself, so no installation costs. I added it all up on AM and can get everything for just under $600. The cheaper price for so many things is somewhat appealing...but idk.

Just wanted other people's thoughts before I decide and start saving. Thanks in advance!
Something that would look amazing on a black car with red stripes is Red Halos from Oracle Lighting... You can get a set of white/ red halos that you can change between colors + Fog lights (if you want) for $300.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

Something that would look amazing on a black car with red stripes is Red Halos from Oracle Lighting... You can get a set of white/ red halos that you can change between colors + Fog lights (if you want) for $300.
I've heard of those...but the red isn't street legal, correct? Just for show? I agree though, i think it would look awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
IMO I wouldn't put nitrous on any car your driving everyday,unless you go to the track every weekend that wouldn't be a good idea for more power to have fun with on your way to dinner or what not.
Davey4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerfreak2143 View Post
I've heard of those...but the red isn't street legal, correct? Just for show? I agree though, i think it would look awesome.
The red isn't street legal to drive with, thats why they change between white and red so you have the white when driving then when you park you switch it to red to show off... They also do Color shift which you can change to any color on the spectrum then adjust the color by adding certain hues of different colors... The color shift ones cost a hefty price though, i think they are around $500-600 for the halos and fogs. (They price it then to add fogs its +$99).
Old 03-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
That would be sick.does any one have any pics of these lights in action?would love to see and mabey eventually get some.
Davey4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The red isn't street legal to drive with, thats why they change between white and red so you have the white when driving then when you park you switch it to red to show off... They also do Color shift which you can change to any color on the spectrum then adjust the color by adding certain hues of different colors... The color shift ones cost a hefty price though, i think they are around $500-600 for the halos and fogs. (They price it then to add fogs its +$99).
Thats what I figured, but it definately would be cool.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I attached a pic... you can also find them on the internet or go to Oracle Lighting | Premium automotive, commercial, & industrial lighting products.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Black and Red.jpg
Views:	10410
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	43387  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada

Those lights look awesome, ill have to look into them
StangRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Anybody else?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

What all mods do you already have?

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ok here!!

I say(if you have the money) to do the 8.8 tlok with 4.10s! The acceleration and positraction will really be worth it! And since you'll be jacked up to put on the new end i say get the springs because they will fit. Just try for a 1.3 1.4 kit or 1.5 all around with C/C plates. All this at once will really put a pip in your step for speed and circuit like driving! Plus the style of a lowered stang
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau
Ok here!!

I say(if you have the money) to do the 8.8 tlok with 4.10s! The acceleration and positraction will really be worth it! And since you'll be jacked up to put on the new end i say get the springs because they will fit. Just try for a 1.3 1.4 kit or 1.5 all around with C/C plates. All this at once will really put a pip in your step for speed and circuit like driving! Plus the style of a lowered stang
Ok thanks...do you have an idea for how much install will cost?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote:
What all mods do you already have?
Tune, CAI, and exhaust.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Everything I said with install would be around 1100-1400 id say. Just depends where ya take it
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Hm...thats a bit more than I was hoping to spend.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang