Horsepower Increase - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Horsepower Increase

With the JLT cai, bama tuner, pypes shorty headers, and pypes true duel exhaust...how much hp will it at all add?
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
doug5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: California
Posts: 227
My guess would be 40-50 peak.
__________________

CURRENT: 2016 GTPP, Vortech, Ford/Borla cat back, 1" drop on Vogtland, 1" Hubcentric spacers, APR Front Splitter, RTR Upper Grille.

SOLD: 2011 5.0, Auto, C&L CAI, Dyno Tuned, 3.73s, Boss 302 Intake, Magnaflow Competition axlebacks, Stallion Suspension LCAs, Whiteline Sway Bars.
doug5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Beau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0
My guess would be 40-50 peak.
+1
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Horsepower Increase

20rwhp would be a good guess~ not sure how much headers help the 4.0, but the 3.8 they really dont do anything.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
20rwhp would be a good guess~ not sure how much headers help the 4.0, but the 3.8 they really dont do anything.
The tune and cai are rated at 30hp and headers get bout 10hp and same with the exhaust
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,225
Re: Horsepower Increase

Total package will be about 30 hp to the rear wheels. You can't take all the mods and "stack" them up to get the horsepower. And headers don't add much to the 4.0. Everything is in the tune really - you can put the CAI, shorty headers and duals on, but if the tune is crappy you won't net much HP increase. You can put the CAI on and a good tune and get a good HP increase.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Total package will be about 30 hp to the rear wheels. You can't take all the mods and "stack" them up to get the horsepower. And headers don't add much to the 4.0. Everything is in the tune really - you can put the CAI, shorty headers and duals on, but if the tune is crappy you won't net much HP increase. You can put the CAI on and a good tune and get a good HP increase.
What do you mean you can't "stack" mods for hp?? That's how it works, if you had to buy everything at the same time to make it all work as a system then pretty sure everyone would be still stock cause no one has that kinda money
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
NeedSomeMods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Region: Texas
Posts: 775
Performance parts are "rated" saying UP TO (x)hp in tests where all other supporting mods are done.
Everything works together and the last mod you do will feel like the biggest increase.
__________________
2000 V6 - RIP
The '94 -
NeedSomeMods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: Horsepower Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5.0 View Post
My guess would be 40-50 peak.
My guess would be 40-50HP also... But in a Mustang isn't torque what you really want?? The nice ability to spin wheels and accelerate faster.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
My guess would be 40-50HP also... But in a Mustang isn't torque what you really want?? The nice ability to spin wheels and accelerate faster.
Very true...what torque numbers you think I'll have?
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: Horsepower Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Very true...what torque numbers you think I'll have?
Normally with these types of mods you gain a little more torque than HP so i'd say maybe 10-15 more TQ than HP... MAYBE
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Normally with these types of mods you gain a little more torque than HP so i'd say maybe 10-15 more TQ than HP... MAYBE
Yeah that's what I figured so I'll probably be at 250hp and 290 ft/lb torque?? based on numbers from the products
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #13
Registered Member

Regular
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 1,225
Re: Horsepower Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
What do you mean you can't "stack" mods for hp?? That's how it works, if you had to buy everything at the same time to make it all work as a system then pretty sure everyone would be still stock cause no one has that kinda money
One post suggested that you add up things and I wanted to make sure you weren't thinking along that line. In other words:
CAI add 30
Dual add 10
Shorties add 10

So a total of 50 - and that is what I meant by "stack up" the mods. They work in harmony, but each one doesn't add like that. If you did the duals and the CAI/tune you are still only looking at about 30 for the gain.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

This is what my car did with the C&L CAI and a tune on 89 octane:


A base car no tune or CAI would push about 158 to the rear wheels with the 210 at the flywheel and the loss in the drivetrain through an automatic.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Horsepower Increase

I just simply dont see 30rwhp from a CAI/Tune on the 4.0 V6, you generally dont even get that on a 05 up GT. Perhaps 15rwhp from those two, the rest of the exhaust maybe 10rwhp.

If you really want to know it will have to be on a dyno just dont expect 50rwhp for those mods.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

One post suggested that you add up things and I wanted to make sure you weren't thinking along that line. In other words:
CAI add 30
Dual add 10
Shorties add 10

So a total of 50 - and that is what I meant by "stack up" the mods. They work in harmony, but each one doesn't add like that. If you did the duals and the CAI/tune you are still only looking at about 30 for the gain.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

This is what my car did with the C&L CAI and a tune on 89 octane:

A base car no tune or CAI would push about 158 to the rear wheels with the 210 at the flywheel and the loss in the drivetrain through an automatic.
Alright I gotcha man...and really the auto only has 158 at the wheels??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Eturner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Region: Michigan
Posts: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
I just simply dont see 30rwhp from a CAI/Tune on the 4.0 V6, you generally dont even get that on a 05 up GT. Perhaps 15rwhp from those two, the rest of the exhaust maybe 10rwhp.

If you really want to know it will have to be on a dyno just dont expect 50rwhp for those mods.
+11
Eturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Horsepower Increase

generally its 17.5% drivetrain loss from flywheel for manual and about 22% for auto, not sure on the 05 plus but probably similar~ at least 20 for the auto.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
generally its 17.5% drivetrain loss from flywheel for manual and about 22% for auto, not sure on the 05 plus but probably similar~ at least 20 for the auto.
Fair enough...and to the guy saying 30rwhp is unlikely, I'm just going off the dyno pull Americanmuscle did with their v6
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Loss of horsepower? Doe_Rae_mi 1996-2004 Mustang GT 6 03-29-2012 09:34 PM
04 GT horsepower shsfresh87 1996-2004 Mustang GT 61 03-19-2012 05:15 AM
2005 through 2009 Max horsepower 4.6 Rowelch 2005-2010 Mustang GT 2 03-17-2012 01:10 PM
horsepower Joel_L_H 2005-2010 Mustang GT 17 03-14-2012 10:52 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.