exhaust and mufflers. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
exhaust and mufflers.

So my local muffler shop is having a April special. Its 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers with tips and installation for 350. My parents know the owner and I'm active duty usmc infantry. So he's taking the price down to 250. I have a y exhaust and not x. Plus my bumper is only for single exhaust. I need opinions on this deal and if i should drill into the stock bumper and make it look new or go for an entire new one that's already double? Tight on cash soo yeah. Thanks Obama lol.
H1tmanevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

You can find a template online for cutting a hole on the other side of the bumper, that's what most people do.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Any estimates on the price?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Or its free? Anyone know where I can get one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Re: exhaust and mufflers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tmanevets View Post
Any estimates on the price?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Or its free? Anyone know where I can get one?
I know Pypes has a template on their website, and its free because you just print it out yourself... When you print it, make sure to print full size, NOT fitted to page.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

OK cool.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tmanevets
So my local muffler shop is having a April special. Its 2 flowmaster 40 series mufflers with tips and installation for 350. My parents know the owner and I'm active duty usmc infantry. So he's taking the price down to 250. I have a y exhaust and not x. Plus my bumper is only for single exhaust. I need opinions on this deal and if i should drill into the stock bumper and make it look new or go for an entire new one that's already double? Tight on cash soo yeah. Thanks Obama lol.
I didn't know you could say things like that to your CO? Lol
Mustang 4pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:13 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang 4pt0 View Post
I didn't know you could say things like that to your CO? Lol
I personally don't see why when someone becomes elected into presidency they get such amount of power in the military... They were elected based off of politics (Or most would think of race in Obama's case) so it seems kinds stupid to give them power in the military... #Justsayin'
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I personally don't see why when someone becomes elected into presidency they get such amount of power in the military... They were elected based off of politics (Or most would think of race in Obama's case) so it seems kinds stupid to give them power in the military... #Justsayin'
I totally agree. Our Democracy is starting to look more like Communism everyday.
Mustang 4pt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I'd get a new rear bumper but ill go with the template. Hopefully it doesn't look gay after I'm done with all the cutting. I think that's a steal for 250. For all that stuff. Moneys not a very big deal, just waiting for the paychecks to come in is what sucks! Specially since Obama scratched our bonus as soon as he jumped into office. But ill make this work out! I'm trying to get all this done in the next few weeks before the special is gone!
Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
There is a template, I thought it came with them.if you buy from AM it does it's simple I think.

Standup, support the candidate that matches your views. That's how to win. I won't say anymore. Other than I'm in agreement it scares me.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:33 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
There is a template, I thought it came with them.if you buy from AM it does it's simple I think.

Standup, support the candidate that matches your views. That's how to win. I won't say anymore. Other than I'm in agreement it scares me.
I would vote for who i like but sadly i'm not of age to vote yet though lol
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #12

Region: Canada
My mechanic cut the bumper and I think it looks fine. I have true dual magnaflow and I love the sound.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2658514879.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	490.2 KB
ID:	46401  
Horsekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I'm driving over there now to see what they can do for me.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Wow I love the military sometimes. I went from being screwed to 1300 richer. now I'm speeding.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Send a message via Skype™ to JetWolf
I got the flowmaster 50 series, they cut the other side and painted my tips black for free.

They also cut my y pipe out so it's true duals unbelievable deep note, let's just say after a few rides both my driver and passenger seats need a good washing...

The shop knew exactly what I wanted, I told them I absolutely did NOT want to sound like a ricer, and YES I know its a V6 so its not going to sound like a V8, they went above and beyond my expectations. When I'm driving the sound is so deep sometimes it waves out the radio and when sitting at a light the seats will shake then quit then shake again and I LOVE it! Couldn't have been happier with this sixxer.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

OK so for 350 this guy is letting me take my pick from 3 different dual muffler brands with tips and convert it to dual exhaust with the pipe for 350. Deal or what?!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I'd say deal, I did mine for $520, sooo worth it
Old 04-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

The thing is nobody wants to cut into the bumper. Because its for single right now. This guy said he'd do it too but he's not a pro. I checked out other body shops and they want 500 for it. That's insane. He also said he would put on borlas, flowmaster..etc to let me hear all the ones they got and let me pick the ones that I like. No matter which ones I want, price won't change. So i think ill let this guy deal with the cutting. The shop has good Rep in thru Sacramento city. I was talking with the owner too. Of three shops. Going to take 3 hours he said. So we will see.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
The thing is nobody wants to cut into the bumper. Because its for single right now. This guy said he'd do it too but he's not a pro. I checked out other body shops and they want 500 for it. That's insane. He also said he would put on borlas, flowmaster..etc to let me hear all the ones they got and let me pick the ones that I like. No matter which ones I want, price won't change. So i think ill let this guy deal with the cutting. The shop has good Rep in thru Sacramento city. I was talking with the owner too. Of three shops. Going to take 3 hours he said. So we will see.
That sounds like the best and most friendly exhaust mechanic ever! And the cutting is actually fairly easy, i have not done it because i do not currently have a Mustang(Have actually never had one, but hoping to get one by the end of summer) but i have talked with many people who have done it and said it was very easy.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

You said Sacramento City? What part of Sac are you in? I also live in Sac.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Northern. In Folsom.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I just made a template from the right side and flipped it over and taped it in place on the left side and used a pair of tin snips to cut it out. It turned out pretty good for me

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3073369879.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	46467
kf4myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

When you get yours, check this shop out, very good work. They have three in the city so one should be close to your place. Awesome prices. I'm going in tomorrow at 0800 to get my stuff installed. Ill post before and after pics. Maybe sound clips too.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4myo
I just made a template from the right side and flipped it over and taped it in place on the left side and used a pair of tin snips to cut it out. It turned out pretty good for me
Ill keep that in mind and let them know tomorrow when they start on it. Didn't mess up the paint job?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Didn't mess it up at all. I just took my time and payed close attention to what I was doing when I was cutting. When I was done all I had to do was stand back and say COOL!
kf4myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I actually know a guy who has a 69 firebird and has been doing a restore on it, he knows almost everything there is to know about cars and has the tools to do it so I was thinking of asking him to help me with it... He built up a Pontiac 455 from a junkyard engine to something able to push a wheelie with 0-60 in around 3... I bet he can do simple exhaust lol

HID end all thread
Old 04-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

So i went with the 40s. Starting bumper cut now. Fingers crossed.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Wow the throttle is snappy. Freaking love it! Pretty loud and feels awesome driving. Vibration is hardcore, almost peed myself at a light.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tmanevets
Wow the throttle is snappy. Freaking love it! Pretty loud and feels awesome driving. Vibration is hardcore, almost peed myself at a light.
See what I mean
Old 04-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Post a vid!!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Lol ok
Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

I keep trying to get a video but it won't stop freaking raining! Wtf!
Old 04-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
I keep trying to get a video but it won't stop freaking raining! Wtf!
Dude i know!! Sacramento weather is so bipolar, it rains for like 5 minutes then is sunny for 10 then rains for 30 then gets sunny again but really windy... You can never predict the weather. I'm like on the border between Elk Grove and Sacramento btw... I live in Sacramento but drive 2 miles to go to school and im in Elk Grove.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Dude i know!! Sacramento weather is so bipolar, it rains for like 5 minutes then is sunny for 10 then rains for 30 then gets sunny again but really windy... You can never predict the weather. I'm like on the border between Elk Grove and Sacramento btw... I live in Sacramento but drive 2 miles to go to school and im in Elk Grove.
Man that's so true I had a 2 hour layover they're once and I swear in that 2 hours I saw fog, rain, sun, fog, windy rain, and then sun again!!
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #32
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Yea that's Sacramento winter for ya... During the summer it is actually very nice though and it doesn't change like it does in the winter lol

HID end all thread
Old 04-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #33
ME Bloodhound
Staff

You get the vid yet? It's supposed to be sunny the whole week in Sac.

HID end all thread
Old 04-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Tomorrow. Driving to the heights. Hopefully nobody tries to car jack me there. Ghetto as hell.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:47 PM   #35
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Tomorrow. Driving to the heights. Hopefully nobody tries to car jack me there. Ghetto as hell.
That is actually less ghetto of a place than i live in... Except my parents were one of the first people to move here, so i guess it just turned ghetto around us lol. Hopefully i'l be around for the vid tomorrow, i'l be out a while fixin up one of our cars, its the car my parents got for my sister to drive and she went to college and they didn't let her keep it (she couldn't anyway cause she went to NY) so if i can sell it then i can use the money to fund my Mustang which I have been dying so badly to get. It looks 1,000% better right now than it did this morning... Still only worth $3k though lol... Anyways, il try to catch that vid when you post it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust