Ford Racing Dual Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

How does the dual exhaust from the Ford Racing power pack sound?
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Cool Re: Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I heard it is quieter than stock lol
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I heard it is quieter than stock lol
You realize that's not possible right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Re: Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

Quote:
You realize that's not possible right?
I'm just saying what i've heard from people who got it and experienced it.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm just saying what i've heard from people who got it and experienced it.
Yeah but it's physically impossible to be quieter
Old 04-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
It's not impossible, just unlikely. I've heard from a LOT of people that it is VERY quiet.
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin22786
It's not impossible, just unlikely. I've heard from a LOT of people that it is VERY quiet.
Yes but they're comparing to other duals...it's as loud as any single axleback
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona

Quote:
lol we've been over this. trust me it is 100% not worth it. very very very very quiet exhaust. i know two different people who bought it and then immediately put them on craigslist because of how quiet they are. just get something else i got the pypes dual conversion and had stock gt mufflers and was way louder than the ford racing power pack. just dont buy them its a waste of money. so many different exhausts to choose from and those are by far the worst
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofrat42

lol we've been over this. trust me it is 100% not worth it. very very very very quiet exhaust. i know two different people who bought it and then immediately put them on craigslist because of how quiet they are. just get something else i got the pypes dual conversion and had stock gt mufflers and was way louder than the ford racing power pack. just dont buy them its a waste of money. so many different exhausts to choose from and those are by far the worst
The pypes exhaust sounds pretty raspy and ricey from the vids I see though
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
I'd say if you want some sound and doesn't sound raspy give dynomax a try. They sound really nice!
Scott1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The pypes exhaust sounds pretty raspy and ricey from the vids I see though
i was actually really worried when i bought them but i decided to take a risk and trust me it doesnt sound ricey or raspy at all. it has a deep strong tone and everyone in my mustang group agrees that they are great. but every car is different i might have just gotten lucky because i too have seen videos of the pypes exhaust being raspy and ricey. i also did the welding it wasnt just clamp on like many of the people prefer to do because it is cheaper and you wont need a welder. i was lucky that my uncle has been building cars for autocross professionally for 30 years so he had all of the supplies and we did it ourselves. after i while i wanted it to be louder so i got the pype bombs and man it is mean sounding. videos never do exhaust justice though youll have to buy what you think will sound good and hope it does. i would get in contact with a local mustang group and try to hear what each kind of combination could sound like so you can expect what your car would sound like.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

i was actually really worried when i bought them but i decided to take a risk and trust me it doesnt sound ricey or raspy at all. it has a deep strong tone and everyone in my mustang group agrees that they are great. but every car is different i might have just gotten lucky because i too have seen videos of the pypes exhaust being raspy and ricey. i also did the welding it wasnt just clamp on like many of the people prefer to do because it is cheaper and you wont need a welder. i was lucky that my uncle has been building cars for autocross professionally for 30 years so he had all of the supplies and we did it ourselves. after i while i wanted it to be louder so i got the pype bombs and man it is mean sounding. videos never do exhaust justice though youll have to buy what you think will sound good and hope it does. i would get in contact with a local mustang group and try to hear what each kind of combination could sound like so you can expect what your car would sound like.
+1 I also have my pypes welded. Plus with full exhaust it sounds great. Not ricey what so ever. Also a dude im my neighborhood has the ford exhaust pack and even though it looks good on the car with the cutout clamps we both agree it's not worth the money. But if your set on it go ahead. Just don't expect good results for the money
Beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau

+1 I also have my pypes welded. Plus with full exhaust it sounds great. Not ricey what so ever. Also a dude im my neighborhood has the ford exhaust pack and even though it looks good on the car with the cutout clamps we both agree it's not worth the money. But if your set on it go ahead. Just don't expect good results for the money
I mean it's the gt bullit mufflers so it shouldn't sound much different than getting an x-pipe or h-pipe and getting gt take off mufflers right
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

I mean it's the gt bullit mufflers so it shouldn't sound much different than getting an x-pipe or h-pipe and getting gt take off mufflers right
But those are intended more on the lines of a higher flow v8. Just consider that man!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Bullitts are meant to be quiet because most people supercharge them and have them as sleepers. They're supposed to be quiet. If you wanna be stubborn then go ahead and buy them. You'll be disappointed and wish you had listened to us
Old 04-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Bullitts are meant to be quiet because most people supercharge them and have them as sleepers. They're supposed to be quiet. If you wanna be stubborn then go ahead and buy them. You'll be disappointed and wish you had listened to us
The bullit was faster than gt dude...not gona be quieter
Old 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The bullit was faster than gt dude...not gona be quieter
you obviously do not understand the concept of a sleeper.... quiet car so that its ok for a daily driver and then people won't expect it to be crazy fast. heres an example.
2008 Bullitt Mustang

the bullitt is supposed to be quieter than a gt. a bullitt is my dream car i know everything about it so dont try to question me on it haha
Old 04-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

you obviously do not understand the concept of a sleeper.... quiet car so that its ok for a daily driver and then people won't expect it to be crazy fast. heres an example.
2008 Bullitt Mustang

the bullitt is supposed to be quieter than a gt. a bullitt is my dream car i know everything about it so dont try to question me on it haha
Hahahaha! Win
Old 04-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofrat42 View Post
2008 Bullitt Mustang

+1
We should get a like button on here like facebook so we can like stuff also, cause i always feel like clicking the like button but then i realize that the best i can do is say +1.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

2008 Bullitt Mustang

So by giving me an "example" of what I already said then I don't know what it is. Wow
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Hugs
Old 04-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin22786
Hugs
I agree, make one statement on this app and someone bites your head off
Old 04-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, make one statement on this app and someone bites your head off
alright so first of all i didn't bite off your head, i was just explaining and trying to help you to not buy something that you will regret and this isn't the first time that you have posted asking about the FRPP... everytime you've posted on here asking what people think about it, they always say that it is quiet and not worth the money. we aren't trying to hurt your feelings, it just is not a good purchase for the s197 v6 mustang. but if you are dead set on buying it, more power to you. its your car and your money
Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #24
ME Bloodhound
Staff

We we aren't trying to criticize you or anything, everything we have been saying is to help you.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 04-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

It was more of a generalized statement to settle everyone down, not to empower "your side"
Old 04-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Hey girls lets stay on topic!
H1tmanevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1tmanevets
Hey girls lets stay on topic!
Ok ok everyone...shut up and let's talk exhaust without getting crazy!! The ford racing will provide best performance but not best sound, we all agree??
Old 04-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Ok ok everyone...shut up and let's talk exhaust without getting crazy!! The ford racing will provide best performance but not best sound, we all agree??
Are you talking about a whole Power Pack or just the Ford Racing exhaust? Because no matter what type of exhaust you get they will all provide the same HP gains (give or take 1 maybe). Unless you are getting the whole pack which has other performance parts (still not as great as others out there) but are a decent bang for your buck because they come in a bundle.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you talking about a whole Power Pack or just the Ford Racing exhaust? Because no matter what type of exhaust you get they will all provide the same HP gains (give or take 1 maybe). Unless you are getting the whole pack which has other performance parts (still not as great as others out there) but are a decent bang for your buck because they come in a bundle.
The exhaust in the pack yeah
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #30
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
The exhaust in the pack yeah
Well the pack is decent for your money... If you really want to get better performance then get each items separately from different manufacturers... Ford Racing Parts are somewhat overrated.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

What? Heck no the gains from that pack are horrid. Just take your time and get the right parts. Their tuner I've heard is mild at best and intake does nothing. I've raced a power pack v6 in my neighborhood. It might ad well be stock. But it seems like you really want it so go for it man! Im just trying to say its not a good use of money
Old 04-11-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What? Heck no the gains from that pack are horrid. Just take your time and get the right parts. Their tuner I've heard is mild at best and intake does nothing. I've raced a power pack v6 in my neighborhood. It might ad well be stock. But it seems like you really want it so go for it man! Im just trying to say its not a good use of money
I know but I'm on a budget and I want the reliability and driveability of ford parts ya know
Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know but I'm on a budget and I want the reliability and driveability of ford parts ya know
Jlt intake
JBA headers
Pypes true dual
Sct with bama tunes

These are all better and just as reliable as the power pack. Ford racing isn't even a part of ford they just call themselves that. But I do understand the budget but coming from a guy with a budget as well I've slowly done these mods over the past 2 years, and I know I would regret that kit if I got it back when I got my car compared to now. Just trying to help bud!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Jlt intake
JBA headers
Pypes true dual
Sct with bama tunes

These are all better and just as reliable as the power pack. Ford racing isn't even a part of ford they just call themselves that. But I do understand the budget but coming from a guy with a budget as well I've slowly done these mods over the past 2 years, and I know I would regret that kit if I got it back when I got my car compared to now. Just trying to help bud!
I know they all provide more power than Ford Racing but I could save like $250-$300 but I am trying to max my power at the same time...and yeah I appreciate it man
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know they all provide more power than Ford Racing but I could save like $250-$300 but I am trying to max my power at the same time...and yeah I appreciate it man
Do what feels right! Just be aware you won't gain top much

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust