how to... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
how to...

So I just received my new head lights but how do I install them? I know I have to take off the front bumper but its sort of confusing, anyone know a step by step procedure?
Giffmastaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Re: how to...

ya you have to take off the front bumper. it really easy to do.i did it by myself when got new headlights. I'm not good at explaining things but here is a vid that shows you how to do it
vargasr17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffmastaflex
So I just received my new head lights but how do I install them? I know I have to take off the front bumper but its sort of confusing, anyone know a step by step procedure?
I just installed my new raxioms yesterday. If you want a good step by step guide check out some of the raxiom pdf's available on American Muscle.

In short remove rad cover (6 plastic fasteners). Remove 3 sheet metal screws inside the bottom front of each front wheel well fender. In the same area then remove 5 plastic fasteners (2 at the top then the rest towards the front). Remove the frontinner fender cover. Crawl underneath the front and remove the 2 centre screws fastening your bumper to a plastic shield. Remove final two screws (one each side) holding bumper just inside either light and lift over plastic tab in same area. Bumper can now be pulled straight back and away. Make sure you have a heavy blanket to lay it on to prevent scratches.

Do it all in reverse to get it all back on. Good luck! The raxiom pdf's have pictures that help.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffmastaflex
Forgot to mention there may be some re-wiring if you got a pair of halo's like i did. If you didn't it will be a simple exchange. Remember to seal the new headlights to keep mosture out. Hope this helps.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Someone suggested to hook the halo light up to the directional lights so they blink when you turn...what do you think
Old 04-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Re: how to...

Didn't even think of that... could look sharp, but not for me though. I'm still just pumped about having them. Don't want to turn them off. They are like eyeballs for your car.
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well ill be installing them tomorrow around mid to late day ill post back on how they look, maybe a pic too?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang