Ways to increase the Horsepower in my Stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rcary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Antonio
Region: Texas
Posts: 274
Ways to increase the Horsepower in my Stang

Just wanna get some thoughts on ways to increase the HP on my 2010 stang since it lacks HP compared to the new 3.7 engines. So far I plan on installing a magnaflow dual cat back exhaust, BBK Cold Air Intake and possibly tune it after all that is done. But just wanna get some other ideas on how to increase the performance on my stang.
Rcary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Grab an 8.8 rear w/ gears, intake, tune and true dual exhaust. Should be beating stock 3.7's or close to it I think.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by CYCLON37
Grab an 8.8 rear w/ gears, intake, tune and true dual exhaust. Should be beating stock 3.7's or close to it I think.
I mean the 8.8" is pretty useless unless you're getting above 300hp right. The 3.73 or 4.10 gears should do it with the 7.5"
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
He has a 2010 so he has a little over 300 stock so 8.8" would be a good upgrade especially if he wants to go to the track
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83
He has a 2010 so he has a little over 300 stock so 8.8" would be a good upgrade especially if he wants to go to the track
2010's have the 4.0 and the 11+ come with the 8.8

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

I mean the 8.8" is pretty useless unless you're getting above 300hp right. The 3.73 or 4.10 gears should do it with the 7.5"
If I had a 4.0, it'd be the first thing I do. Then I can build off that and not be worried if it'll hold up. You can get take-offs pretty cheap. Well, last I looked anyway.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
The 8.8 should be one of the first things for the 4.0 if you want to do more performance mods because the 7.5s aren't that great and if you put new gears into it and launch too hard you could completely blow it.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

And an 8.8 take off is around $700-$800 for the rear end itself, depending in if you install it yourself or take it in you are looking at some more in labor... IMO its all worth it.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
The 8.8 should be one of the first things for the 4.0 if you want to do more performance mods because the 7.5s aren't that great and if you put new gears into it and launch too hard you could completely blow it.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

And an 8.8 take off is around $700-$800 for the rear end itself, depending in if you install it yourself or take it in you are looking at some more in labor... IMO its all worth it.
Show me the receipt for $700-$800!! Everywhere I've seen is bout $1,100
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jamin22786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

Show me the receipt for $700-$800!! Everywhere I've seen is bout $1,100
You have to get it from a junkyard. Hard to find in Iowa, but not so tough in Cali...
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
CYCLON37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: New York
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

Show me the receipt for $700-$800!! Everywhere I've seen is bout $1,100
http://www.speedconcepts.net/product...a372umdfe16b57

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Does that do it for ya

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

They have em with 3.31, 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10. 3.31's are cheapest. Good buy and definitely worth it imo.
CYCLON37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:17 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.