tire chirping?!?! yay! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
tire chirping?!?! yay!

Can it be true?! My 4.0 auto just chirpped the tires for first time! I was driving home, passing all homes and traffic before getting into it, I was coming out of a sweeping left turn w/ slight banking, shifting from 2nd @5000 into 3rd I heard the chirp, followed by the quick lunge forward. I couldnt believe my ears! Pulled my car in the garage and being as paranoid as I am, checked tire pressure, the belt, anything that could've made the noise, but came up with nothing. I know it's not impressive to everyone else and yall can break tires loose just by punching it, just kinda hard wirh limited parts and funds haha
ponyboi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Congrats? Mine has done it before multiple times (stock) but then again mine is a manual.
BoLtThEhUsKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Re: tire chirping?!?! yay!

Thanks. I really don't get into much tho. The speeding ticket and couple warnings took care of that, so can't say it would do it again and again. Any breaking loose, burnout blowouts, powerslides anyone like to share?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
At the church I did a donut... On accident...
BoLtThEhUsKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I've power slid into a church parking lot across the street, saving it in the snow
Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 AM   #6

Region: Kansas

Came across an intersection and thought I'd give it some oomf since there was a ricer sittin waiting for the light.. That oomf turned into a power slide through 1/4th of the intersection and about ten feet into the street.. Oops...

Got five or six thumbs up though lol
Drive it like ya stole it!
Duane2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
People wouldn't let me out into a u-turn section and I had a bunch of people lining up behind me and I had a break in traffic due to a red light up the road from my turn around and I dropped the Clutch and spun around the entire u-turn and came out sideways in the highway. Didn't mean to hit it that hard but it was pretty fun. I'll never do it again though...

2016 Comp Orange GT (current)
Aurora - 2002 Boosted GT! (Sold, sadly)
ColeJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I was coming out of a gas station trying to go across 2 lanes to cross the median and go left. Well same as story above, cars started piling up behind me and I got a honk once so the next break I got I dropped the clutch and gunned it to get to the median then merge into traffic. Well I gunned it a little too hard, felt the back swing loose, and almost drifted into the cars going left. I was so scared lol. First and hopefully only time I'll ever chirp my tires.
Whitestang93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitestang93 View Post
I was coming out of a gas station trying to go across 2 lanes to cross the median and go left. Well same as story above, cars started piling up behind me and I got a honk once so the next break I got I dropped the clutch and gunned it to get to the median then merge into traffic. Well I gunned it a little too hard, felt the back swing loose, and almost drifted into the cars going left. I was so scared lol. First and hopefully only time I'll ever chirp my tires.
Haha take that honkers! Important thing is that our cars were kept under control and nobody's hurt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang