Mustang sounds like Scool Bus. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Mustang sounds like Scool Bus.

Upon application of the brake pedal, I get a loud squeal, much like that of a school bus. The car stops fine, and very fast I might add!

Set-up
I've got the GT Rotors with Hawk HPS pads.

So what can I do to fix this minor nuisance?
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Mustang sounds like Scool Bus.

How many miles on the pads? Were they properly bedded in when they were put on? You may have some glazing of the pads and that can be fixed by removing the pads and using some sand paper on the face, then bed them in once again.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Indiana
Use grease on all metal to metal contact areas. Or could be cause they are low. There is a metal indicator that will squeel when its time to replace the pads.
dreamstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
Use grease on all metal to metal contact areas. Or could be cause they are low. There is a metal indicator that will squeel when its time to replace the pads.
I'll try greasing them, that's what I had planned on doing. I doubt they are worn at 10,000 miles. I'll look at them tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
How many miles on the pads? Were they properly bedded in when they were put on? You may have some glazing of the pads and that can be fixed by removing the pads and using some sand paper on the face, then bed them in once again.
Ahh that may explain. They only have about 10,000 miles on them. How, and where should I bed them? I followed box directions.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Mustang sounds like Scool Bus.

If you followed the Hawk directions then they should be properly bedded in. So if it isn't fixed using the anti-squeal measures above, then I would think that you have glazed the pads. Since you will have to take it apart anyway to put anti-squeal on the backs of the pads might as well try a light sanding on the face of the pad and re-bed them.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang