Front End Redo - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Front End Redo

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3776843199.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	51700

So I've been thinking about redoing my stripes, adding a hood scoop, getting the black billet grille with pony tri-bar and getting a chin spoiler and finally getting the 2010 smoked raxiom headlights. Just wanted some opnions if y'all think the change would be better or worse than my factory look.
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Front End Redo

Do it, i think It will look sick! I personally don't like the look of chin spoilers on the V6 front fascia, If it was me i would do all those things you listed but instead i would get a new front fascia... Its all up to you though.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Do it, i think It will look sick! I personally don't like the look of chin spoilers on the V6 front fascia, If it was me i would do all those things you listed but instead i would get a new front fascia... Its all up to you though.
Like I love my front end now, but it's just plain especially compared to the new models...I would also get the black side markers and 2010 tail lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

I would say keep your tail lights, i prefer the ones that are currently on it. I don't think they did a great job with the aftermarket '10 tails for the 05-09... I have been wondering if they are going to make '13 style tails for the 05-09, if they do then it should look good. The grille with the tri-bar pony should look nice.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
I would say keep your tail lights, i prefer the ones that are currently on it. I don't think they did a great job with the aftermarket '10 tails for the 05-09... I have been wondering if they are going to make '13 style tails for the 05-09, if they do then it should look good. The grille with the tri-bar pony should look nice.
Yeah I just really like the 2010 style I don't know...and I'm not gona sell my car or trade in so I don't have to worry about a future buyer not liking my styling ya know
Old 05-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Yeah I just really like the 2010 style I don't know...and I'm not gona sell my car or trade in so I don't have to worry about a future buyer not liking my styling ya know
Hey if you like it then go for it. It's all about what you like.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree. If its something you like and it makes you feel good then go for it. It don't matter what you do there are always going to be those that say wtf did you do that for. Just ignore them and there are plenty who will like what you have done. This has been a public service announcement from 52 yrs of been there done that. Lol
kf4myo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf4myo
I agree. If its something you like and it makes you feel good then go for it. It don't matter what you do there are always going to be those that say wtf did you do that for. Just ignore them and there are plenty who will like what you have done. This has been a public service announcement from 52 yrs of been there done that. Lol
Haha nice!
Old 05-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Just finished a redo of mine. Sounds like you want to make your ride similar to am's 2005 v6 project car. Best looking combo in my opinion.

I've done all but the hood scoop and chin spoiler. I don't have the pony package like yours. I do have one of the 2005's with the paint that is not properly bonded to the aluminum hood. Rather than hood scoop I'm saving for the cervini concept hood with ram air so I can solve that problem.

Go for it. Don't think you will regret it. It'll be fresh!

I'll have to remember to post some pics! Maybe after I give my ride a bath today!
JBillone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBillone
Just finished a redo of mine. Sounds like you want to make your ride similar to am's 2005 v6 project car. Best looking combo in my opinion.

I've done all but the hood scoop and chin spoiler. I don't have the pony package like yours. I do have one of the 2005's with the paint that is not properly bonded to the aluminum hood. Rather than hood scoop I'm saving for the cervini concept hood with ram air so I can solve that problem.

Go for it. Don't think you will regret it. It'll be fresh!

I'll have to remember to post some pics! Maybe after I give my ride a bath today!
Very nice!! Yeah yours looks great man and yeah I'm just wanting a more sleek look and definitely put up some pics!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would look for different from headlights. American muscle has new ones with the ccfl and halo ring and an Audi looking light trim
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I have been wondering if they are going to make '13 style tails for the 05-09, if they do then it should look good.
I gotta disagree. they screwed the pooch on the new taillights by putting the white reverse indicators in between the reds. Looks really tacky.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4half View Post
I gotta disagree. they screwed the pooch on the new taillights by putting the white reverse indicators in between the reds. Looks really tacky.
I think the placement for the whites is a great, it makes them look more sophisticated and modern than the last ones.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky

The redo sounds nice. The only thing I don't care for is the hood scoop. Its only because if it's on for so long then ever taken off, you can see it in the paint just like a bumper sticker. But do whatever makes you happy. I would like the Rousch 9 bar billet grille from AM, but would hate to make the gt front fascia conversion for it to fit
ponyboi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4half

They put them there because that's how the new ones looked... I really hope they do 13's they look so sexy!
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy

They put them there because that's how the new ones looked... I really hope they do 13's they look so sexy!
I know. That's what I'm saying, I don't like what Ford designed and that'd be the first thing I'd change if I got a new mustang.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang