Need opinion on exhaust & headers setup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Need opinion on exhaust & headers setup

Hey guys, I need help on deciding which setup I should do. I can't decide if I wanna have ford racing true dual exhaust w/ pypes shorty headers or pypes x pipes true dual exhaust w/ pypes shorty headers. I don't want it to be really loud so can someone tell me which would sound better or be quieter? Also if there is another exhaust, headers, or setup you would recommend let me know. Just make sure it isn't really loud but doesn't sound ricey at the same time, lol. Thanks!!!
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have the pypes setup, except I have the violator mufflers instead of street pros and I do not yet have headers, although I will eventually. I love mine, its loud enough but not ricey at all imo. There is some cabin drone around 2000rpm but I actually kinda like the feel of it. Just my two cents, I've never heard the ford racing setup in person. I really love my pypes though
Avenged7892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm gonna go with Ford Racing cause I did a lot of research and it seems to be more of what I want. Do shorty headers change the sound a lot? Also do you know If pypes shorty headers are any food? Any you would recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan
I think I'm gonna go with Ford Racing cause I did a lot of research and it seems to be more of what I want. Do shorty headers change the sound a lot? Also do you know If pypes shorty headers are any food? Any you would recommend?
Shorties are good though go for the pace setter long tube headers best bang for your buck and will sound better and deeper then shorties
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
If you want a quite exhaust that is better than stock then get the ford racing. My friend has them and they are not loud at all lol
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
Road Trip!

I recommend slp loud mouths lol jk borla?
Old 06-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Re: Need opinion on exhaust & headers setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan View Post
I've heard such bad things about Ford Racing exhaust... Its just way too quiet, i think you would like Magnaflow.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
I recommend slp loud mouths lol jk borla?
+100
I'm debating between Pype bombs and Slp Loudmouths for when i get my Mustang.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm planning on getting the Ford Racing Power Pack with Pypes shorty headers just because I want the reliability of the ford racing setup and yes I hear it's not the loudest but the exhaust note's sound is one of the best
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I'm planning on getting the Ford Racing Power Pack with Pypes shorty headers just because I want the reliability of the ford racing setup and yes I hear it's not the loudest but the exhaust note's sound is one of the best
Ford Racing actually isn't any more reliable than any other brand. FR is just a name as is Pypes and SLP, unless Ford installs it and agrees with the product then it doesn't matter where its from (if its for warranty reasons).
I do agree that it has a good note, its just wayyyy to quiet for me.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
Ford Racing actually isn't any more reliable than any other brand. FR is just a name as is Pypes and SLP, unless Ford installs it and agrees with the product then it doesn't matter where its from (if its for warranty reasons).
I do agree that it has a good note, its just wayyyy to quiet for me.
You don't even have a mustang, just saying...and Ford Racing is a licensed sector of Ford Motor Company buddy so yeah they're the most reliable
Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

You don't even have a mustang, just saying...and Ford Racing is a licensed sector of Ford Motor Company buddy so yeah they're the most reliable
I have an 05 v6 with pypes dual exhaust, and pype bomb axle back. Trust me when I say the ford racing duel exhaust blows. It doesn't sound good and it's super quiet. I'm in a mustang group with all guys age 18-25 and everyone agrees I have the best sounding s197 v6 they've ever heard.
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Well I want a quieter setup with little to no drone and I think ford racing suits me for what I want so I decided on that for exhaust. Also think I'm gonna get the pace setter long tube headers instead of pypes shortys cause I'm planning on getting the x charger supercharger later on an I heard long pipes are better if I plan on getting that. Please let me know if I'm wrong though.

Also, would it be alright if I put the exhaust on then headers later on cause my parents are probably gonna buy me the ford racing power pack and a gt rear bumper so I don't think they would be willing to buy me headers at the same time also considering I have to get the bumper painted on top of it all, lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well I want a quieter setup with little to no drone and I think ford racing suits me for what I want so I decided on that for exhaust. Also think I'm gonna get the pace setter long tube headers instead of pypes shortys cause I'm planning on getting the x charger supercharger later on an I heard long pipes are better if I plan on getting that. Please let me know if I'm wrong though.

Also, would it be alright if I put the exhaust on then headers later on cause my parents are probably gonna buy me the ford racing power pack and a gt rear bumper so I don't think they would be willing to buy me headers at the same time also considering I have to get the bumper painted on top of it all, lol.
Good choice bro, Ford Racing aint gona let you down. It keeps warranty and I've heard it and it's a good exhaust, it sounds good and way better than stock but doesn't make it out to be like you're a wanna-be gt.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

Shorties are good though go for the pace setter long tube headers best bang for your buck and will sound better and deeper then shorties
Isn't long tube headers illegal? I live in ny, I believe they are just for the track not street
Giffmastaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffmastaflex

Isn't long tube headers illegal? I live in ny, I believe they are just for the track not street
No, you just have to have a catted shorty x-pipe
Old 06-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Do you know of a place online that I can read this just to make sure, I don't want to spend 300 on something that I can't put on my car
Giffmastaflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffmastaflex
Do you know of a place online that I can read this just to make sure, I don't want to spend 300 on something that I can't put on my car
No matter what exhaust setup you have, as long as you have catalytic converters then it's legal
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

08Mustang is right, the law is all about emissions, Cat's!
audioAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #19
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Unless you are in California, then you have to have CARB compliant cats. But since most people on here don't they don't have to worry about it.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Unless you are in California, then you have to have CARB compliant cats. But since most people on here don't they don't have to worry about it.
That's why California is GAY!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
That's why California is GAY!!!
I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Pypes mufflers sound really bad guess that's why they are so cheap
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #23
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Pypes mufflers sound really bad guess that's why they are so cheap
I've only heard great things about Pypes, i've never heard that they sound bad. And lots of 05-09 6ers on here have the pypes conversion set up and love it.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #24
Road Trip!

Quote:
I've only heard great things about Pypes, i've never heard that they sound bad. And lots of 05-09 6ers on here have the pypes conversion set up and love it.
Uh haha Muffler deletes on a v6 been there done that go slp with h pipe but yes pypes is cheap and bad sounding
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Uh haha Muffler deletes on a v6 been there done that go slp with h pipe but yes pypes is cheap and bad sounding
I agree with Mady, there's a reason pypes are cheap! I would only buy their headers, and yeah I'm more of a x-pipe with mufflers kinda guy
Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:

I agree with Mady, there's a reason pypes are cheap! I would only buy their headers, and yeah I'm more of a x-pipe with mufflers kinda guy
V6 with x pipe sounds really bad
Old 06-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #27
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
You do know that they have more than muffler deletes right???
Pypes Violator Axle-Back Exhaust (05-10 Mustang GT) SFM60V - Free Shipping!
Pypes Street-Pro Axle-Back Exhaust (05-10 V6 Mustang) SFM67 - Free Shipping!
Pypes Performance Exhaust - 2005-11 MUSTANG SYSTEMS

And besides, if you have the right set up then resonators are great:
Old 06-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

V6 with x pipe sounds really bad
Nah add some shorty headers and a good set of mufflers and the x-pipe sounds good!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #29
Road Trip!

Idk lol XD still sounded bad to me that's why I got a gt the v6 just didn't sound as good
Old 06-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Idk lol XD still sounded bad to me that's why I got a gt the v6 just didn't sound as good
Well duh! I mean I'd rather have a gt too but I don't have the money...why are you on a v6 thread then?
Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #31
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well duh! I mean I'd rather have a gt too but I don't have the money...why are you on a v6 thread then?
Cuase I miss my 2006 v6 that's why and well I know more about the v6 then my v8 also my v6 felt more torque and I sorta miss it lol XD just hated all the people who said should have bought a gt so I finally got one lol XD and learned I should have been happy with what I had
Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cuase I miss my 2006 v6 that's why and well I know more about the v6 then my v8 also my v6 felt more torque and I sorta miss it lol XD just hated all the people who said should have bought a gt so I finally got one lol XD and learned I should have been happy with what I had
I plan on buying a 2013 gt in a few years and making it 100% ford racing performance!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
Road Trip!

Lol good luck me too lol after I'm done with college
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #34
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
So why is it that all i ever see is you dissing V6's? I don't really want to start an argument, im just curious since it seems like you like your other V6 more than your GT.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
So why is it that all i ever see is you dissing V6's? I don't really want to start an argument, im just curious since it seems like you like your other V6 more than your GT.
It was my first car lol and I loved it >_> wished I kept it but I couldn't but anyway not hate the v6 just saying there are things that just won't happen with it and u have to except it that's what I did and do I bought a gt

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust