performance vs. looks - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'd say performance, nothing puts a bigger smile on my face then slammin' the hammer down and getting sideways. But that's just me lol

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesChargedGT
I'd say performance, nothing puts a bigger smile on my face then slammin' the hammer down and getting sideways. But that's just me lol
They are talking about a v6 not GT
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:17 PM   #73
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Re: performance vs. looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
They are talking about a v6 not GT
You can still do that in a V6: 4.10s, T-Lock, manual transmission and a few other goodies can get that, you just need to have no traction lol
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4
You can still do that in a V6: 4.10s, T-Lock, manual transmission and a few other goodies can get that, you just need to have no traction lol
Never said u couldn't he put his post down on his beliefs about a gt not a v6 lol just reminding him we aren't talking about what he'd do to his gt
Old 06-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #75
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Never said u couldn't he put his post down on his beliefs about a gt not a v6 lol just reminding him we aren't talking about what he'd do to his gt
I don't recall him specifying his GT, he just said performance and going sideways
Old 06-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #76
Road Trip!

So true sorry just looked at the name not post XD I'm retarded
Old 06-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #77
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
So true sorry just looked at the name not post XD I'm retarded
Don't worry i do that sometimes also... I actually look at people's avatar pics more than their names sometimes so if 2 people have a similar car i might get them mixed up lol.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Nice lol
Old 06-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady
Why not save the money ur spending and just get a gt?
Cause some people can't afford insurance for a gt so they mod 6ers

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly

Cause some people can't afford insurance for a gt so they mod 6ers
Extra money could be used to pay the ensurence u know
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Extra money could be used to pay the ensurence u know
True but some people still don't want to pay higher insurance. That's why my parents didn't get me a GT. insurance for a 17 yo male is NOT cheap...would be worse with a gt =(

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 06-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #82
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly

True but some people still don't want to pay higher insurance. That's why my parents didn't get me a GT. insurance for a 17 yo male is NOT cheap...would be worse with a gt =(
If u are on a family policy just put ur dad as the primary driver of the gt and put ur name on a different car that's what my dad dose and ensurence is only 600 for 6 months
Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If u are on a family policy just put ur dad as the primary driver of the gt and put ur name on a different car that's what my dad dose and ensurence is only 600 for 6 months
That's pretty damn smart...

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 06-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #84
Road Trip!

Haha and if u get into a accident everyone is covered to drive all the cars and the company will not know u are the primary driver XD loop holes loop holes
Old 06-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

I actually pay the same as my truck for my GT on insurance surprisingly, it was an option between a 13 6er and my 08 GT and I'm so glad I got the GT but any car is fun to mod!

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Why not save the money ur spending and just get a gt?
Gas mileage, reliability, insurance, ease of driving in congested rush hour traffic and initial cost are 5 reasons why I got a V6 instead of a GT.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #87
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4half

Gas mileage, reliability, insurance, ease of driving in congested rush hour traffic and initial cost are 5 reasons why I got a V6 instead of a GT.
I get the same gas mileage I do with my 8 that I did with my 6 it all depends on ur driving also the v8 is more reliable as it dosent need to work hard to do anything though again this is based on how u drive and isn't a valid excuse and driving in traffic? It's the same in both cars also u can find a fox body gt or new edge for around 12-13 with good miles on it as for ensurence get a family plan and put someone else's name as the primary driver and note 3 of your five reasons are based on the fact that you either drive a car too hard and stomp on the gas or you just don't like the older body style
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
OMG

Just added the 05 V6 as my third car and my insurance went up $200 a month. Gotta get a new insurance company.

It seems like you do it intentionally so I have to ask. Why do you spell it ensurance?
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #89
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
I wish my insurance was only $200 a month. 04 gt, 03 cobra vert, 90 lx vert and 07 focus. All full coverage is $270 a month.

The gt is the most expensive car believe it or not.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I get the same gas mileage I do with my 8 that I did with my 6 it all depends on ur driving also the v8 is more reliable as it dosent need to work hard to do anything though again this is based on how u drive and isn't a valid excuse and driving in traffic? It's the same in both cars also u can find a fox body gt or new edge for around 12-13 with good miles on it as for ensurence get a family plan and put someone else's name as the primary driver and note 3 of your five reasons are based on the fact that you either drive a car too hard and stomp on the gas or you just don't like the older body style
LOL, okay.

First off, you must not drive in rush hour traffic in Los Angeles. Trust me, a V6 is far easier to drive than a V8.

Second, If driven in the same fashion, a V6 will have slightly better mileage than a V8. Can a get a softly driven V8 to the same mileage as a lead footed driven V6? YES but since I'm the driver and my driving style won't change I will get better mileage out of a V6.

Family Plan? I'm a married father of 2. Only other person on my insurance is my wife as my kids are to young. Based on your comments I'm not sure you entirely know what you are talking about. A GT will always pull a higher premium than a V6. Once you get into one fender bender in that GT we'll see how that "loophole" of yours works. It's likely your insurance will cover it, but they will probably tell your father to either put you on the Mustang or he's not allowed to let you drive it any more. Happened to me when I was a kid with my mother's insurance.

And I had a fox body convertable. I'm not sure why you brought up the fact that I can find a cheap fox body car. It's not what I have. It has no bearing here. Besides how much HP you think a used '88 GT has? 225 brand new, likely less than 190 now. A '05 V6? 210 Brand new, likely still near 200.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #91
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I wish my insurance was only $200 a month. 04 gt, 03 cobra vert, 90 lx vert and 07 focus. All full coverage is $270 a month.

The gt is the most expensive car believe it or not.
Its $100 a month just for me to drive my slow @$$ truck.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly View Post
If its your parents that got it for you then be thankful you even got a car from them lol... I've been saving for the past 2.5 years to be able to afford a car which i don't even have yet.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #92
Road Trip!

Quote:

LOL, okay.

First off, you must not drive in rush hour traffic in Los Angeles. Trust me, a V6 is far easier to drive than a V8.

Second, If driven in the same fashion, a V6 will have slightly better mileage than a V8. Can a get a softly driven V8 to the same mileage as a lead footed driven V6? YES but since I'm the driver and my driving style won't change I will get better mileage out of a V6.

Family Plan? I'm a married father of 2. Only other person on my insurance is my wife as my kids are to young. Based on your comments I'm not sure you entirely know what you are talking about. A GT will always pull a higher premium than a V6. Once you get into one fender bender in that GT we'll see how that "loophole" of yours works. It's likely your insurance will cover it, but they will probably tell your father to either put you on the Mustang or he's not allowed to let you drive it any more. Happened to me when I was a kid with my mother's insurance.

And I had a fox body convertable. I'm not sure why you brought up the fact that I can find a cheap fox body car. It's not what I have. It has no bearing here. Besides how much HP you think a used '88 GT has? 225 brand new, likely less than 190 now. A '05 V6? 210 Brand new, likely still near 200.
1. A 99-04 gt is a foxbody and has more hp and torque then a v6 from 05

2. No the insurgence company will not due that he is the primary diver but all other drivers are covered if they drive the car and ur married which makes ur ensurence go down for my gt it's only 600 for 6 months that's 100 a month a married man can't afford that?

3. Yes I have driven in traffic before a v8 isn't harder to drive in traffic that's a bad excuse XD sorry but you must be bad at driving if the engine affects taping the gas to inch forward

4. Lol I owned both a v6 and now have a gt and both got 18-19 around town so again don't use that as a excuse Becuase u can't control your driver habits though if u stomp on it that much in ur v6 I'm glad u don't have a v8 you'd wrap it around a tree

5. You have no idea about engine wear and tear you will lose hp and torque over time but that all depends on how it was driven
Old 06-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I've been driving V8s all my life with the v6 mustang the only other thing that small without counting motorcycles. The only v8 I had problems with was a 454 in a large 4x4 I used to take out and play with in the mud and dirt.
I drive close to 400 miles a week. Even a 6 can suck gas down depending on driving habits. If I jack rabbit the thing and run it hard then I can only go 4 days without a fill up where as a second gear start to discourage myself from launching it and shifts around 2500 to 3rd and 2000 to 4th and 5th will get me a full week between getting bent over at the pump.
As far as traffic congestion due to 13 miles of highway construction, the only gripe I have about ease is shifting. If your in an area with that much traffic and auto is the way to go. The mustang I bought was more an inpulse buy and after 3 years am thinking about a GT but I'm putting all my extra cash into my 66 coupe to drive everyday. I'll be parking my 07 until my daughter is old enough to drive.
I can understand the insurance but it honestly makes no difference to me, but can relate to the issue when I was scrimping and saving what I could.
gc19662007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #94
Road Trip!

Also a 5.0 from the 90's still will have more torque then the v6 :p
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty4half View Post
OMG

Just added the 05 V6 as my third car and my insurance went up $200 a month. Gotta get a new insurance company.
Sry, I was mistaken, did a double check and it's only $100 a month.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Also a 5.0 from the 90's still will have more torque then the v6 :p
Yet somehow I smoke those all day everyday. Numbers are misleading
Old 06-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #97
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPonyBoy

Yet somehow I smoke those all day everyday. Numbers are misleading
Lol I'll admit the old 5.0 were really bad >_> but to purposely compare a v6 with it to make urself look better for buying a v6 lol :p try and race my 4.6 and I think you won't get far :p and mine only cost me 11k :p
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3367765885.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	550.8 KB
ID:	53024  
Old 06-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

1. But the 99-04s are ugly. 2nd only to the mustang 2. That's opinion, but it's a valid opinion when I'm asked why I didn't buy that car instead of the one I have.

2. I had a similar situation. Was on my parents insurance but not on my mustang specifically. Got rear-ended, not even my fault, and because my insurance company found out I was driving at the time, they forced my parents to put me on the mustang or not be able to drive it. I speak from experience, but all insurance companies are different so you might ALSO be right.

3&4. It's easier to control your acceleration in a V6 due to the lower HP and torque so you don't rear end the guy in front of you while in 5-Wide Highway congestion. Yes, a skilled driver can do it in a GT. Hell, I can. But it's easier in a V6. You really can't argue with that. Also, I get 23 mpg in my V6 so apparently I do drive it better than you drive your V6.

5. You're trying to tell a man who's worked on his own car for a decade and a half that he has no idea about how wear and tear works on cars and engines. That's all I have to say about that.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Lol I'll admit the old 5.0 were really bad >_> but to purposely compare a v6 with it to make urself look better for buying a v6 lol :p try and race my 4.6 and I think you won't get far :p and mine only cost me 11k :p
How are you going to admit that a V6 can beat a 5.0 in one hand, yet tell me I'm wrong with your other hand?

I'm not trying to "make myself look better." You asked a question, I answered it. Not my fault you have either a different opinion on certain things, or a lack of experience in other areas.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
1. But the 99-04s are ugly. 2nd only to the mustang 2. That's opinion, but it's a valid opinion when I'm asked why I didn't buy that car instead of the one I have.

2. I had a similar situation. Was on my parents insurance but not on my mustang specifically. Got rear-ended, not even my fault, and because my insurance company found out I was driving at the time, they forced my parents to put me on the mustang or not be able to drive it. I speak from experience, but all insurance companies are different so you might ALSO be right.

3&4. It's easier to control your acceleration in a V6 due to the lower HP and torque so you don't rear end the guy in front of you while in 5-Wide Highway congestion. Yes, a skilled driver can do it in a GT. Hell, I can. But it's easier in a V6. You really can't argue with that. Also, I get 23 mpg in my V6 so apparently I do drive it better than you drive your V6.

5. You're trying to tell a man who's worked on his own car for a decade and a half that he has no idea about how wear and tear works on cars and engines. That's all I have to say about that.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

How are you going to admit that a V6 can beat a 5.0 in one hand, yet tell me I'm wrong with your other hand?

I'm not trying to "make myself look better." You asked a question, I answered it. Not my fault you have either a different opinion on certain things, or a lack of experience in other areas.
+ the fact that not only posting in the 2005-2009 section, but the V6 to boot. I call troll.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #100
Road Trip!

Lol so apparently u can't just roll your car forward by lifting your food off the brake also idk how you drive but just taping the gas won't give u that kind of acceleration for a gt sorry but that's the way it is also 23mpg on highway not around town and third you may work on your car dosent mean you your smart about it also some of the older 5.0 are slow but they still have more torque and one that's been taken care of will not see a 30hp decrease
Old 06-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My complaint with the 04' and older cars is the space inside. I'm 6'7" and can't comfortably drive these cars...that's why i bought my 06' v6 because I couldn't afford an 05' and up gt. I know im an exception but I think we can agree that the s197s are more roomy than the older models.
DAG 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol so apparently u can't just roll your car forward by lifting your food off the brake also idk how you drive but just taping the gas won't give u that kind of acceleration for a gt sorry but that's the way it is also 23mpg on highway not around town and third you may work on your car dosent mean you your smart about it also some of the older 5.0 are slow but they still have more torque and one that's been taken care of will not see a 30hp decrease
Okay... thanks for enlightening me. I'm done arguing with the 19 yr old.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #103
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAG 01
My complaint with the 04' and older cars is the space inside. I'm 6'7" and can't comfortably drive these cars...that's why i bought my 06' v6 because I couldn't afford an 05' and up gt. I know im an exception but I think we can agree that the s197s are more roomy than the older models.
Yes I can agree with that and I'm a small girl so I fit in mine just fine though you will deff not like one at all
Old 06-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

I wish I could feel good about myself by going over to another forum and bash everyone that doesn't have a GT, much less the year in which the thread was intended for.
Old 06-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc19662007 View Post
I wish I could feel good about myself by going over to another forum and bash everyone that doesn't have a GT, much less the year in which the thread was intended for.
LOL

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang