v8 swap or supercharger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
v8 swap or supercharger?

I'm torn about what to do
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83
I'm torn about what to do
It would cost too much to do a swap and time to be worth it for the price of doing the swap (engine,tranny,driveshaft,harness,CPU,rear end) you could have bought a GT already I say go supercharger or buy a GT but it depends on weather you are looking for more power then what a v6 can give you which is around 300hp and torque with a supercharger
Mady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

It would cost too much to do a swap and time to be worth it for the price of doing the swap (engine,tranny,driveshaft,harness,CPU,rear end) you could have bought a GT already I say go supercharger or buy a GT but it depends on weather you are looking for more power then what a v6 can give you which is around 300hp and torque with a supercharger
I agree, if you want a V8 then trade in your v6 and buy a whole car
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: v8 swap or supercharger?

I thought about the same thing. If I trade my car in I could break even paying it off and my credit card because of car parts, so I can get a GT. Or should I try to piece a F/I kit together?
ponyboi06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboi06
I thought about the same thing. If I trade my car in I could break even paying it off and my credit card because of car parts, so I can get a GT. Or should I try to piece a F/I kit together?
No don't bother with the Gt ull have the power your v6 didn't have and ull have the v8 sound and people won't say should have gotten a v8 and so forth lol and besides why bother trying to piece together a kit when clearly part of you wants to join the GT club
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady

No don't bother with the Gt ull have the power your v6 didn't have and ull have the v8 sound and people won't say should have gotten a v8 and so forth lol and besides why bother trying to piece together a kit when clearly part of you wants to join the GT club
Yeah just bite the bullet and get the gt!
Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Yeah just bite the bullet and get the gt!
I totally agree with you, the GT will not disappoint you.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mady View Post
How the hell do you think he will have the sound of a V8 with a V6??? And with a SC he will be at about the same level as a GT but pretty much maxed out on power, if he gets the GT then he will be able to upgrade even more.

If you want more power, sell your V6 and get a GT... Depending on what mods your car has right now you could sell it for a decent price and use that money for a GT...

I don't want to be a grammar nazi but can you please use punctuation Mady, its really hard to understand your posts if its just a run-on.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Going to look around for a gt to see if there's one wih reasonable mileage and price. I have a 06 pony package with less than 58,000 miles on it. It has an air intake, throttle body, shorty headers, straight exhaust, coil pack, spark plug wires, spark plugs and custom tune. Would it help sell since I have every receipt from oil changes, replacement parts and performance parts? I would have to sell my car for at least $10,500
Old 06-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #9
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Going to look around for a gt to see if there's one wih reasonable mileage and price. I have a 06 pony package with less than 58,000 miles on it. It has an air intake, throttle body, shorty headers, straight exhaust, coil pack, spark plug wires, spark plugs and custom tune. Would it help sell since I have every receipt from oil changes, replacement parts and performance parts? I would have to sell my car for at least $10,500
It all depends on your area for what the prices are for a GT... Around my area a 2005 or so GT will cost around 17k.... I'd say you could get around $11k at least for your car

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4

It all depends on your area for what the prices are for a GT... Around my area a 2005 or so GT will cost around 17k.... I'd say you could get around $11k at least for your car
Well, he did more to his v6 then I did. Also it was a typo; the v6 will never sound like a v8. Also for the price of a supercharger, a good one will cost around 6k. You are better off selling your car for around 12-13k. I sold mine for 12500.00 and you did more then I did, and have 20k less miles. Also I really don't bother with the periods and commas; when I'm doing a quick post. Hope my writing is to your standards. :p
Old 06-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'd just pick up a v8 they sound better and have more horsepower potential or pick up a parts GT from a wrecking yard pull the motor build it over time and swap it over

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
U can get that car up to 400 rwhp.
Get some custom made pistons, forged rods, camshaft, and ported heads, port the upper/lower intakes, slap on some LTs, and get the S/C, pop on an 8.8 rear with 3.73s and go get get good tune.
There is a guy on another forum running 300rwhp with cam/head/exhaust/CAI/tune and 8.8 rear with I think 3.73s.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

On3performance makes a turbo for the 4.0 also

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

For less than 4k maybe even less then 3k
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Now I want a GT hahaha. Kelly Blue Book said I could get what I need out of it for being in good-very good condition. I might go try to find one, but only if I can sell mine and at least break even. I do miss the power, every other car I owned had plenty, but this is my first ford and a good learning experience. Either way, it would cost around the same, but so much more can be done with a GT.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Now I want a GT hahaha. Kelly Blue Book said I could get what I need out of it for being in good-very good condition. I might go try to find one, but only if I can sell mine and at least break even. I do miss the power, every other car I owned had plenty, but this is my first ford and a good learning experience. Either way, it would cost around the same, but so much more can be done with a GT.
Unless u sell it privately u won't get 10k for it and a gt is more then 10k for a 05 with low miles
Old 06-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Go ahead then, crush my hopes and dreams hahahaha just kidding. Yall have been very helpful tho and a GT around here is $17k. So F/I it is! Turbo $4k, procharger $5k, or charger x-treme $6k? Or 5.0 coyote $8k +swap? So many decisions! Too many to choose from! (head explodes)
Old 06-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Just sell your car and use the money for a down payment on a 2013 5.0

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Old 06-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Go ahead then, crush my hopes and dreams hahahaha just kidding. Yall have been very helpful tho and a GT around here is $17k. So F/I it is! Turbo $4k, procharger $5k, or charger x-treme $6k? Or 5.0 coyote $8k +swap? So many decisions! Too many to choose from! (head explodes)
You need more than just the turbo or super system. You have practically rebuild the engine in order to keep it's durability cause our 4.0s are not meant for forced induction
Old 06-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang

You need more than just the turbo or super system. You have practically rebuild the engine in order to keep it's durability cause our 4.0s are not meant for forced induction
Not true the super charger made by the explorer company will bring it up to 300 hp and torque without needing forged internals also just sell your car for 10-13 and use the extra 6k you have and buy a Gt u get the power and the sound what can be better plus u get a better platform to work with
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I got my 08 premium GT with the 5 spd for 22k out the door and she only had18k miles

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 AM ----------

An that was even off a dealer lot with the warranty on it

"Too much horsepower is not enough"
MikesChargedGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang