Electronic throttle control - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
So I was driving couple days ago with my stang, dropped my friend and drove, while I was driving in the neighborhood about 30 mph, and without prior notice I saw the wrench light came on and the car started to act weird, I pulled off and looked in the manual and it said the light related to the ETC, I had the same issue with my previous Chevy so I knew how to deal with it, I turned off the car waited 10 seconds and start again and everything was normal after that, drove it for more than 30 miles and also everything was normal, I was wondering if anyone experienced the same issue, or have any information about what's wrong.
In my previous chevy the case was worse than that which I had to replace the throttle control from Chevy for about $700, I hope nothing wrong with the throttle coz I dont have that money now lol.
My stang is 2005 V6.
Btw, I installed a new aftermarket grille with fog lights, do you think maybe this is causing the problem in any possible way!?
Thanks
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr. SoloDolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 224
I am going through the exact same problems and its aggravating as hell especially when your cruising on the interstate and the stupid limp home mode engages. I've replaced the throttle positioning sensor, changed the filters, and cleaned maf sensor. Also I've disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 35 minutes or so but sooner or later the wrench comes back with the same CEL code saying ETC is bad.Its driving me nuts so any advice is greatly appreciated!
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SoloDolo
I am going through the exact same problems and its aggravating as hell especially when your cruising on the interstate and the stupid limp home mode engages. I've replaced the throttle positioning sensor, changed the filters, and cleaned maf sensor. Also I've disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 35 minutes or so but sooner or later the wrench comes back with the same CEL code saying ETC is bad.Its driving me nuts so any advice is greatly appreciated!
So you still have the problem after replacing these parts! Did you checked which codes are showing up on your car, I checked other forums and ppl had different codes and they had solutions for some of the codes.
In my case, It's four days since it happened and it didn't show up again, some ppl in other forums said if it didn't come back again, that's mean the computer sometimes just got a wrong signal, some ppl happened to them after installing a new stereo, so I'm still confused about it.
And another thing started to happen sometimes and I don't know if it's related to it or not, sometime when I park the car and put the transmission on P, the rpm will go below the normal like the car is going to turn off and then directly come back to normal in like two seconds. Confusing!
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mr. SoloDolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 224
well last night i disconnected the battery and let it sit and it hasn't happened since. paint that it continues to run as awesome as it has its like a new machine!
Mr. SoloDolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk
So I was driving couple days ago with my stang, dropped my friend and drove, while I was driving in the neighborhood about 30 mph, and without prior notice I saw the wrench light came on and the car started to act weird, I pulled off and looked in the manual and it said the light related to the ETC, I had the same issue with my previous Chevy so I knew how to deal with it, I turned off the car waited 10 seconds and start again and everything was normal after that, drove it for more than 30 miles and also everything was normal, I was wondering if anyone experienced the same issue, or have any information about what's wrong.
In my previous chevy the case was worse than that which I had to replace the throttle control from Chevy for about $700, I hope nothing wrong with the throttle coz I dont have that money now lol.
My stang is 2005 V6.
Btw, I installed a new aftermarket grille with fog lights, do you think maybe this is causing the problem in any possible way!?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. SoloDolo
I am going through the exact same problems and its aggravating as hell especially when your cruising on the interstate and the stupid limp home mode engages. I've replaced the throttle positioning sensor, changed the filters, and cleaned maf sensor. Also I've disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 35 minutes or so but sooner or later the wrench comes back with the same CEL code saying ETC is bad.Its driving me nuts so any advice is greatly appreciated!
I think I have the solution to your problem. The Throttle Position Sensor. I had the same problem. I found mine at autopartstomorrow.com it should cost you about $80.00. It's plug and play.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Blakhwk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

I think I have the solution to your problem. The Throttle Position Sensor. I had the same problem. I found mine at autopartstomorrow.com it should cost you about $80.00. It's plug and play.
Thanks for the information, it's good to know it will cost about $80 in case it will come back again, that's easy.
__________________
Visca Barça
Blakhwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakhwk

Thanks for the information, it's good to know it will cost about $80 in case it will come back again, that's easy.
No problem I'm about 98% positive it will fix it. I drove for almost 2 years with it on and off sporadically. I found a TSB about on another forum. One day it just stayed on for good right before emissions. It really has little to do with emissions ( but the state would say it does), so I cleared the code, drove 100 miles got the emissions checked. Saved a little bought the part spent 2 days fixing it.

Just make sure you put a little heat on the part with a heat gun, before unscrewing the screws.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:43 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.