New exaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Claypops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 141
New exaust

My 2006 v6 has a single super 40 flow master on it right now and it sounds ok. But when my rpms get high I dont like the way it sounds. I am looking at getting a new exhaust from headers on down. I don't know what exhaust would sound best though on a v6. I am set on long tube headers but as far as h pipe vs. x pipe, and muffler brand I am lost. Any advice/suggestions? Also, would it even be worth the money changing it to dual?
Claypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: New exaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypops View Post
My 2006 v6 has a single super 40 flow master on it right now and it sounds ok. But when my rpms get high I dont like the way it sounds. I am looking at getting a new exhaust from headers on down. I don't know what exhaust would sound best though on a v6. I am set on long tube headers but as far as h pipe vs. x pipe, and muffler brand I am lost. Any advice/suggestions? Also, would it even be worth the money changing it to dual?

Claypops,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with Single Flowmaster set up. I'm confident we can definitely help you out here. The True dual conversion kits are definitely worth the extra money. We just got done our 06 V6 build, Check this out:



We went with Pypes Mid Muffler Exhaust on our car, It sounds great IMO!

Let me know if you have any questions or need assistance!

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
jamin22786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 289
I hate that poor cutout the second pipe gets. It would be amazing if AM would carry a trim piece to cover this. That's the only reason I stuck with single pipe.
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Claypops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 141
What kind of exhaust do you have? Stock manifolds?
Claypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Re: New exaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin22786 View Post
I hate that poor cutout the second pipe gets. It would be amazing if AM would carry a trim piece to cover this. That's the only reason I stuck with single pipe.
Jamin22786,

I agree, The quality of the cut is crucial when it comes to the looks of your new exhaust. I appreciate the suggestion, I'm going to get this over to my product development team right now & see what I can get done for you! As soon as I have more information I'll shoot you a PM.

- Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: New exaust

I've heard Magnaflow sounds really good on a V6.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
jamin22786's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Iowa
Posts: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Jamin22786,

I agree, The quality of the cut is crucial when it comes to the looks of your new exhaust. I appreciate the suggestion, I'm going to get this over to my product development team right now & see what I can get done for you! As soon as I have more information I'll shoot you a PM.

- Dan
Awesome, hopefully you can come up with something. If frpp can fabricate and mass produce them, I have faith that am can too!
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:16 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.