windows - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
windows

I have an 08 V6 mustang and when the windows are going up and you shut the car complete off the windows go back down. Is that normal or does that mean something else?
MustangGirl1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: windows

I'm kinda confused!! So are you closing your door as the window is going up, but not all the way up yet as the door actually shuts? If this is the case, then yes. The window is designed to be slightly rolled down as the door is shut, then it goes up to seal the glass to the weather stripping. I hope this answered your question?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry to confuse you. No, like when you have your windows down, the doors are shut, and you hit the button for the windows to go up and you completely shut car off the windows will go right back down. Then i have to turn the car on and leave it on till the windows are up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #4
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I'm confused,so I'm going to ask more questions.

Does this happen all the time regardless of speed?

Are they just randomly going down by them selves?

Or, is it when you exit the vehicle they go up and instead of stopping, they go completely back down?

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Does this happen all the time? Or just occasionally?
Old 08-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Region: Massachusetts
I would just recomend shutting the windows completly then shutting the car off it will make it easier to remember to roll up your windows everytime ypu get out of your car and the only other thing i could think of it is some kind of auto roll up feature that is not working right
Old 08-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

This happens all the time. I don't know how to explain it but i will take video and post it. I can try. Like when i pull in driveway and hit the button to roll the windows up for the night. This is before i open the door to get out. So i then shut car off and the windows will roll back down. The doors are still closed. Then i have to turn car on in order to role them back up.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoles08stang
This happens all the time. I don't know how to explain it but i will take video and post it. I can try. Like when i pull in driveway and hit the button to roll the windows up for the night. This is before i open the door to get out. So i then shut car off and the windows will roll back down. The doors are still closed. Then i have to turn car on in order to role them back up.
I know what you are talking about as it happens to me sometimes. I don't know if it is supposed to or not but yes when I kill mine while windows are going up they do roll back down with the doors closed. They do stop when you open the door but I know that is not the case.
I just hit the buttons and wait before I kill it because the glass goes up a little faster when the car is running.
gc19662007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
They roll all the way down? Because mine does the same thing but it only cracks a little bit because our windows are considered the top of our door so it has to roll down a little bit in order to close the door so the window doesn't hit the frame then when the door is fully closed they roll back up
Claypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
This happens on my 2012 gt
Old 08-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypops

They roll all the way down? Because mine does the same thing but it only cracks a little bit because our windows are considered the top of our door so it has to roll down a little bit in order to close the door so the window doesn't hit the frame then when the door is fully closed they roll back up
No, it's when they are in the process of rolling up when you kill it they roll all the way down. Yes mine also drops a hair when you open the door from a full up position and roll back when the door is closed.
gc19662007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc19662007

I know what you are talking about as it happens to me sometimes. I don't know if it is supposed to or not but yes when I kill mine while windows are going up they do roll back down with the doors closed. They do stop when you open the door but I know that is not the case.
I just hit the buttons and wait before I kill it because the glass goes up a little faster when the car is running.
Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was just my car or not. Lol.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Sorry everyone if i confused you. I didn't mean to.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:

These Ford window motors are quite fast, every ford I've been in the windows go up and down so fast, especially compared to the f-bodies
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Re: windows

Ok you guys I think I found the cure for everyones window problems. You have to do what's called a "RESTORING THE EXPRESS UP FUNCTIONALITY"

Here's the link and go to page 44

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../06musog2e.pdf

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Read page 45 also this is where it explains everyones problem.

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

So for everyone having the window problems all you have to do is follow the procedure and retrain your windows.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If u shut your car off while the window is closing it will return to the position it was before closing. I had this problem and referred to my local ford dealer and they told me it was a safety function. I was told either while the car is on or is off they will work normal .
245ciPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:

No, it's when they are in the process of rolling up when you kill it they roll all the way down. Yes mine also drops a hair when you open the door from a full up position and roll back when the door is closed.
Oh ok. My bad then. I've never heard or experienced that kind of problem.
Claypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was just my car or not. Lol.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Sorry everyone if i confused you. I didn't mean to.
Oh that's what you meant. Yeah mine do that!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Oh that's what you meant. Yeah mine do that!
Well that probably means nothing is wrong then. Lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #18
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Well that probably means nothing is wrong then. Lol.
Probably haha! You can breathe now.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Lol never had this happen before. At least I won't freak out if it ever does in the future.
BigRob1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #20
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: California
Quote:
I have an 08 V6 mustang and when the windows are going up and you shut the car complete off the windows go back down. Is that normal or does that mean something else?
Yes, it's normal. Because the car is supposed to be airtight. I rolls down about 1/2" and once door is closed, it goes back up. To keep it airtight. Something like that. There are others here that can explain it better!

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

It's all about air pressure!
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I was about to say mine does this as you can see you're not alone hahaha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

« Tuner | Tpms »