COLD AIR INTAKE or SHAKER COLD AIR INTAKE - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:50 PM   #1

Region: Michigan
COLD AIR INTAKE or SHAKER COLD AIR INTAKE

Alright guys which is better and will give me more HP
zalizar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Shaker as in the cdc shaker system?
fresh2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalizar21
Alright guys which is better and will give me more HP
To buy the shaker system and cut your hood and all that, its not really worth the money. A normal cai will probably get you around 20hp and the shaker like 40hp. But its like three times the price when your done, best bet is a cai and a good tune.
Barnyard4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2012, 02:29 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnyard4572

To buy the shaker system and cut your hood and all that, its not really worth the money. A normal cai will probably get you around 20hp and the shaker like 40hp. But its like three times the price when your done, best bet is a cai and a good tune.
There is no way a shaker gives you 40hp. Shaker is mostly just for looks the hp gains are very minimal.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh2death

There is no way a shaker gives you 40hp. Shaker is mostly just for looks the hp gains are very minimal.
Maybe it was just with the tune and stuff then.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #6

Thanks guys and i did some talking to my buddy who works for ford racing and he said ford states the with the shaker depending on mods and engine size for the v6 hp starts at 40. I think that's the way I'll be going maybe 800 but I'm not planning on doing a super charger anytime soon.
zalizar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalizar21
Thanks guys and i did some talking to my buddy who works for ford racing and he said ford states the with the shaker depending on mods and engine size for the v6 hp starts at 40. I think that's the way I'll be going maybe 800 but I'm not planning on doing a super charger anytime soon.
Are you goin to try and cut the hood and do it all yourself?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

Re: COLD AIR INTAKE or SHAKER COLD AIR INTAKE

The shaker looks great, but really doesn't do much for performance. Especially if you keep the stock air box because that is the restriction on air flow. That is why you see the shaker with a CAI.

The performance gains are all in the tune; even with the CAI. The CAI allows better and more air flow to the engine so you can tune for the added air

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

And there is no way that adding a shaker will net you 40 HP. It can't do it because the engine isn't getting any more air than it did before.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
The shaker looks great, but really doesn't do much for performance. Especially if you keep the stock air box because that is the restriction on air flow. That is why you see the shaker with a CAI.

The performance gains are all in the tune; even with the CAI. The CAI allows better and more air flow to the engine so you can tune for the added air

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

And there is no way that adding a shaker will net you 40 HP. It can't do it because the engine isn't getting any more air than it did before.
Thank you!
Old 08-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
As someone who owns a shaker equipped car I can def say that it does very little in terms of performance. I mostly just use mine to cool the emgine bay haha. It does feed an awesome ammount of air into the engine bay at speed. Biggest benefit is watching it vibrate and shake. Its awesome.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC

Maybe at street speed. At highway speed your pumping a LOT more air into your engine. That is; if you install a larger intake tube. And I don't think anyone going the extra distance for the shaker would stick with the stock intake.

And I think the 40hp gain can only be realized with a tune but without one your still getting more air than a typical CAI so your throttle response is going to be on point where as the stock intake greatly hampers your throttle response due to the engine needing to take a "big breath" (for lack of a better term) before responding to a sudden stomping of your accelerator.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 AM   #12

I just gave something about it the shakers looks bad its what I'm getting 4 my stang
oldmanstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Yeah man go for the cai and a tune. Unless of course money isn't an issue in which case you should get both lol.
BigRob1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #14

I like the look of them . Old school what I like . I think NASCAR should do retro racing with the new stang camaro and challenge that would b kool
oldmanstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstang
I like the look of them . Old school what I like . I think NASCAR should do retro racing with the new stang camaro and challenge that would b kool
I'm not a fan myself but I thought the roots and tradition were to take 4 door non-sports cars, sup them up and race that. Not muscle cars.
sixty4half is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
cold air intake