$1600 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barnyard4572's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 122
$1600

I just came into some extra money, what can i do (performance wise) to get the most horses an stay within the budget. Its already tuned with a cai.
Barnyard4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnyard4572
I just came into some extra money, what can i do (performance wise) to get the most horses an stay within the budget. Its already tuned with a cai.
Cam/Heads
Super six motor sports.
Gears T-Lok
Suspension
UDPs
Headers
Full exhaust
Some ideas for you.
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Re: $1600

with 1600 bucks, upgrade your drivetrain and suspension
3.73 or 4.10 gears with lsd (not the drug)-about 400 with forum discount
upgrade shocks, struts, lowering springs, sway bars
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barnyard4572's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx

Cam/Heads
Super six motor sports.
Gears T-Lok
Suspension
UDPs
Headers
Full exhaust
Some ideas for you.
What are UDP's?
Barnyard4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter
 
primer2tone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Corpus Christi
Region: Texas
Posts: 6,752
Under drive pulley.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Don't waste money on pulleys, almost always way more hassle then they are worth. Befit you dump money into a 7.5" rear end, look into upgrading to an 8.8" rear. The 8.8 will hold whatever you plan to throw at it now and later.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Barnyard4572's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Washington
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t
Don't waste money on pulleys, almost always way more hassle then they are worth. Befit you dump money into a 7.5" rear end, look into upgrading to an 8.8" rear. The 8.8 will hold whatever you plan to throw at it now and later.
I never really understood the gears and ratios and all that. Can someone explain it a little more. And when i look at the pulleys it seems like they are only really meant for gt's.
Barnyard4572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnyard4572

I never really understood the gears and ratios and all that. Can someone explain it a little more. And when i look at the pulleys it seems like they are only really meant for gt's.
Higher gear ratio = faster acceleration, less mpg, lower top speed
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
xhgwx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire

Higher gear ratio = faster acceleration, less mpg, lower top speed
The city MPG will rise, highway will lower, about the top speed thing, ask cole Johnson he had a 2004 GT I believe and his top speed jumped up when he put 4.10s in by a good bit
xhgwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #10
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Re: $1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhgwx View Post
The city MPG will rise, highway will lower, about the top speed thing, ask cole Johnson he had a 2004 GT I believe and his top speed jumped up when he put 4.10s in by a good bit
Your top speed goes up (technically) because when you are going that fast all the wind resistance on your car makes it impossible for the motor to turn the gears at a certain speed. Now if you make those gears easier to turn (like 4.10s are) then you will be able to go a higher speed.

Now if you put your car on a dyno and test out the top speed it can go with stock gears vs. higher gears you will reach a higher speed with the stock because there is no resistance on your car.
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Re: $1600

also, if you're tuned with bama, don't get meth injection, nos, cams, turbo/supers, ported heads, lower comp ratios or anything of that sort because bama won't tune your car once you get that kind of stuff
get all of your other upgrades (mostly bolt ons) because they will tune that. better to get all those out of the way so that you don't have to pay 500 (for a dyno tune) every time you get a new upgrade

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
Your top speed goes up (technically) because when you are going that fast all the wind resistance on your car makes it impossible for the motor to turn the gears at a certain speed. Now if you make those gears easier to turn (like 4.10s are) then you will be able to go a higher speed.

Now if you put your car on a dyno and test out the top speed it can go with stock gears vs. higher gears you will reach a higher speed with the stock because there is no resistance on your car.
okay, thanks for clearing that up for me!
and nice wrestling shoes
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:32 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.