Mustang Evolution Forum banner

JetWolf Custom Interior

9K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  Soccerluvr4 
#1 ·
After many burnt fingertips and several hours of wrestling with this beast called Carbon Fiber, i was able to tame it and make it DO MY BIDDING MUHAHAHA. ahem. anyway.

CF driver, mid, & pass dash
CF stereo kit
CF shifter
CF shifter ring & plug
CF steering wheel plates
CF driver & pass inside door handles
CF driver & pass MUSTANG door sills
CF my knee (for extra horse you know, it actually makes a great band-aid btw)
CF my mother (try it, it works)
Black chrome AC & gauge rings
Matte black AC cylinders
matte black AC flap thingies (whatever)
Matte black shifter pillar & inner ring

(also) Red Audio sensitive LEDs projecting out of rear & quarter louvers
(also) Pioneer touchscreen head unit

NOTE: ignore the white ipod cord going into my AC, i have to keep it there so my ipod doesnt fry :rolleyes:

my blessing has been bestowed, now i take my rest, and by rest, i mean driving the living **** out of this beast woohoooo!

Attachments

See less See more
#35 ·
Barnyard4572 said:
Just a thought but if you but a flat black deck lid and wrap it in carbon fiber, that might look pretty sick!
I was considering it, but I was also considering wrapping my louvers since I have never seen that before, theyre kind of fading from the sun and this CF holds up remarkably well.

#42 ·
JetWolf said:
Seen me?
NOOOOOOOO the Mystery! Ha jk, I keep meaning to add you on fb but I keep forgetting, I don't mind you seeing me :)
Hahaha! Good! I saw you post under the ME FB page and I went into temp stalker mode.

I mean, I already saw you in your dream once so it was no big. ;) haha

Seriously though, loved your car show prom pics!

#43 ·
Lalayla said:
Hahaha! Good! I saw you post under the ME FB page and I went into temp stalker mode.

I mean, I already saw you in your dream once so it was no big. ;) haha

Seriously though, loved your car show prom pics!
Oh my God! You DID find me! I will give you mad props on that one! Did you go through drew's page or something? Lol

True true oh geez you still remember that YES!

better than a boring old lake eh?! :D

#48 ·
After many burnt fingertips and several hours of wrestling with this beast called Carbon Fiber, i was able to tame it and make it DO MY BIDDING MUHAHAHA. ahem. anyway.

CF driver, mid, & pass dash
CF stereo kit
CF shifter
CF shifter ring & plug
CF steering wheel plates
CF driver & pass inside door handles
CF driver & pass MUSTANG door sills
CF my knee (for extra horse you know, it actually makes a great band-aid btw)
CF my mother (try it, it works)
Black chrome AC & gauge rings
Matte black AC cylinders
matte black AC flap thingies (whatever)
Matte black shifter pillar & inner ring

(also) Red Audio sensitive LEDs projecting out of rear & quarter louvers
(also) Pioneer touchscreen head unit

NOTE: ignore the white ipod cord going into my AC, i have to keep it there so my ipod doesnt fry :rolleyes:

my blessing has been bestowed, now i take my rest, and by rest, i mean driving the living **** out of this beast woohoooo!
Looks really good wana do my car for me to :3

#53 ·
#58 ·
It looks nice, but...

... isn't the entire point of carbon fiber to save weight? If that's true, and you're just adding it over the pre-existing materials, wouldn't that just be an addition of weight?

I realize that increasingly the use of carbon fiber is two-fold; weight savings AND appearance. Anyway, what's the total weight of carbon fiber you've employed? A few pounds at best?

#59 ·
It looks nice, but...

... isn't the entire point of carbon fiber to save weight? If that's true, and you're just adding it over the pre-existing materials, wouldn't that just be an addition of weight?

I realize that increasingly the use of carbon fiber is two-fold; weight savings AND appearance. Anyway, what's the total weight of carbon fiber you've employed? A few pounds at best?
The carbon fiber wasn't for performance, it was for design. having a murdered mustang , black kinda gets dull after a while, I employed carbon fiber, matte black, glass black, satin, suede and cloth to add texture.

If I wanted weight reduction, I wouldn't have a dash sweetheart :) as a daily driver, comfort, quality and design are what I employ in the overall appearance. For building, racing and luxury sport I would use real base fiber. As a college student on a tight budget I can't afford 3k in parts for a decent dash. I considered pouring resin or holographic resin over the vinyl but I just haven't decided on it yet, plus that's a lot of sanding :/ the overall weight isn't even a pound added, after all that isn't my concern as design is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.