Mustang Evolution Forum banner

JetWolf Custom Interior

9K views 89 replies 34 participants last post by  Soccerluvr4 
#1 ·
After many burnt fingertips and several hours of wrestling with this beast called Carbon Fiber, i was able to tame it and make it DO MY BIDDING MUHAHAHA. ahem. anyway.

CF driver, mid, & pass dash
CF stereo kit
CF shifter
CF shifter ring & plug
CF steering wheel plates
CF driver & pass inside door handles
CF driver & pass MUSTANG door sills
CF my knee (for extra horse you know, it actually makes a great band-aid btw)
CF my mother (try it, it works)
Black chrome AC & gauge rings
Matte black AC cylinders
matte black AC flap thingies (whatever)
Matte black shifter pillar & inner ring

(also) Red Audio sensitive LEDs projecting out of rear & quarter louvers
(also) Pioneer touchscreen head unit

NOTE: ignore the white ipod cord going into my AC, i have to keep it there so my ipod doesnt fry :rolleyes:

my blessing has been bestowed, now i take my rest, and by rest, i mean driving the living **** out of this beast woohoooo!

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
JetWolf said:
dying your interior is quite easy, you will have to take your entire interior apart though

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

oh ill do something special to yours!

;)
Ya I would have to redo everything and find new seats and everything way to much work for a car I wanna sell so I can upgrade. the next stang will have black interior for sure!

#20 ·
Rm360 said:
Looks great !!! How hard was the carbon fiber to work with? I heard its a pain bending it around corners, any tips????
hair dryer. You will want to make love to your hair dryer after it. It is your best friend. So is working in 120 degree heat, yeah the sweat may drive you blind with agony, but heat makes it much much more flexible. The corners melt around with heat, the air vents were a serious PITA as they were totally in the way. Be sure to detach the bezels (the entire unit but the shaft pops out)

#21 ·
JetWolf said:
hair dryer. You will want to make love to your hair dryer after it. It is your best friend. So is working in 120 degree heat, yeah the sweat may drive you blind with agony, but heat makes it much much more flexible. The corners melt around with heat, the air vents were a serious PITA as they were totally in the way. Be sure to detach the bezels (the entire unit but the shaft pops out)
Thanks!!! What temp setting on the hair dryer and do you think a heat gun would be to hot ? O one more thing how do you get the hair dryer in the mood ? JK, LOL!!!! :D

#23 ·
Rm360 said:
Thanks!!! What temp setting on the hair dryer and do you think a heat gun would be to hot ? O one more thing how do you get the hair dryer in the mood ? JK, LOL!!!! :D
Hot, Oh my goodness No it would catch on fire!! Lol

You blow it...
:D ahahahahahaha jk

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

missxalii said:
wow! I'm not a fan of carbon fiber at all but this actually makes me want it now.
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEENNNNNN!! :eek:

#27 ·
Rm360 said:
That's not bad at all, what is the best way to cut it to get a clean edge? Did you practice on anything first or did you just dive in and do it?
You must. Have. An. Exacto. Knife. You came find them at Michael's or such if you don't have one. I just dove in, I had experience with vinyl/carbon fiber but be sure you match up the patterns when doing separate pieces

#28 ·
JetWolf said:
You must. Have. An. Exacto. Knife. You came find them at Michael's or such if you don't have one. I just dove in, I had experience with vinyl/carbon fiber but be sure you match up the patterns when doing separate pieces
Thanks!!! Just one more question :) is there a specific brand of carbon fiber you would recommend ? Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.