Injectors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Injectors

What size injectors should I buy cause I'm about a month away from having enough to supercharge my 2009 v6 ?
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Injectors

Are you designing your own kit? Most of the kits come with everything you need, including the injectors.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

No I'm buying the pro charger extreme for my 4.0 v6 from am an I'm not sure that it comes with them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Before spending several hundred dollars on injectors - that may be the wrong size for that blower - why not ask American Muscle what is included?

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

I've never heard of the "procharger extreme" and don't see it on their website.

Did you mean the Xcharger Xtreme? That is on the AM website (and can be purchased direct at explorerexpress.com, the developer and builder).

If you mean the Xcharger Xtreme, then yes that is a complete kit with everything you need. I loved the Xcharger Xtreme on my 2006. It took a heavy convertible into the mid 12's with great reliability. Even when I had 200,000+ miles on the car it was still running 12's.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I ment xcharger an yea I wasn't sure if it was the whole kit but what was everything on your convertible ???
Old 08-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

Xcharger Xtreme, Shaftmasters 4" aluminum driveshaft, 8.8" rear end (you will want to upgrade, found it cheaper and better to swap the rear end rather than try to build the 7.5 to handle it and still broke the 7.5), J&M HotPart LCA and adjustable UCA, UMI Performance relocation brackets, FRPP rear lowering springs (about 1" drop), LPW rear girdle, 3.55's, automatic.

At the track I ran a Jeg's 15x4 wheel up front with skinnies (can't remember the size now), and Jeg's 15x8 rear wheels with Mickey Thompson 275-50x15 tires.

I was also running a can tune from Doug (now at C&L) that was really rich. So safe, but left a lot of power on the table. I never got it to the dyno sessions to custom tune it, but there was a lot more to get out of the car.

The Xcharger is probably the easiest kit to install. You can do it over a weekend with just some basic tools and skills. Cutting the wiring is the most heart clenching part. For the Xtreme you have to pull the front fascia off so you can mount the heat exchanger, but that isn't difficult. If you buy direct from explorerexpress you will have access to Dave too. And most of the Xcharger guys hang out at mustangcollective.com (I'm JimC over there too) and we have helped people out during their installs when questions came up through the site and many of us shared our phone numbers for calls too. Depending upon where you are located there may be an X-man nearby who can lend a hand too on the install. I've helped on a couple.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm over in st Augustine fl its about a hr north of Daytona
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
Registered Member

Regular

There are a couple of Xchargers in Florida, can't think of where right now though. If you check on the Mustang Collective site though, there is a separate section for Xchargers (because so many of us are on there) and you may be able to find the people in your area.

Definitely go with the Xtreme, you want the intercooling in your area. The standard kit will work, but the Xtreme will be better.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

And I"m in Michigan - so a little bit of a drive to help with installation!

Although if my wife had her way my office would find an opening in our Sarasota office for me
Old 09-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah that was the one I was going to go with but should I upgrade my rear end to a 8.8 first or wait
Old 09-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
Registered Member

Regular

If you aren't drag racing the 7.5 will last for a while, but you will need to upgrade at some point. For one reason: with the open differential you will have a hard time getting the new power to the ground.

But if you don't intend to drag race then you can wait a little while and search Craigslist for a good buy on a used rear end. Any 8.8 from a 2005 to current will fit - other 8.8's won't fit.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Ok cause I have a auburn LSD with ford racing 4.10 gears an was wondering if that would up

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

And I have a custom one price aluminum drive shaft from my local shop
Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

You may find the 4.10's a little much for the Xcharger. The torque starts out very low in the rpm and the guys with the 3.73's say they have a hard time at the drag strip getting it to hook up without spinning.

At least you don't have to worry about snow and ice and traction.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Well maybe some control arms would keep the power to the ground ? Their not to bad only 300$ a full suspension upgrade wouldn't hurt either
Old 09-03-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
Registered Member

Regular

It isn't the control arms - the 7.5 is an open differential so you get power to one wheel (the "one wheel peel"). The torque will easily overpower that system.

Although upgraded control arms will help. I had the J&M HotPart LCA and adjustable UCA on my 2006. Really firmed up the rear end and helped to plant it.

With the 8.8 you get the tlok and power to both rear wheels. Don't try to build a 7.5 with the tlok unless you have the skills and tools to properly set up a rear end. In the end it cost me MORE to build the 7.5 that I broke than it cost to simply swap the rear ends.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yea I have the auburn LSD so both my wheel have power going to them but I'm still going to buy a 8.8 but till I save up for it which idk how much it will cost yet I think my rear end will hold up if I keep my boost low till I get the new 8.8
Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
Registered Member

Regular

If you aren't beating on it too hard it will last for awhile.

When you get the 8.8 go for 3.55's. The Xcharger runs great with those. It hooks up with no spinning and launches with no issues.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Yea my cars a daily driver it was my first car an I've had it since the day it came off the trailer so I'm not exactly going to the strip every weekend cause I'm still in college but I'm going to get the 8.8 an get the 3.55's but I think I'm going to put in 2012 gt 8.8 rear end
Old 09-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #18
Registered Member

Regular

The 2012 should have the correct pinion flange on it so that saves a step and potential problem (some have gotten the flange on too tight and ended up with an issue).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang