Cold Air Intake - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrskoundrel

Have a good evening/morning! Ha night!
Thank you. You too!! Heh Good night!!

Tint. Painted Brake Calipers. New Wheels. Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tails. GT500 Exhaust. Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs. Decklid Blackout Panel. Custom Emblem Decals. Next? Cold Air Intake.
Lucylove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
With and without the stripe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-71445072.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	66918   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-875775642.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	471.6 KB
ID:	66919  

Old 09-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider
Thank you very much for posting that rogue. Did you happen to see any paint discoloration between the car and what's under the stripe??

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote:
And new rims

Tint. Painted Brake Calipers. New Wheels. Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tails. GT500 Exhaust. Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs. Decklid Blackout Panel. Custom Emblem Decals. Next? Cold Air Intake.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #74

Region: Michigan
Re: Cold Air Intake

I have the BBK CAI on my 09, I don't want to use tuners. It doesn't make a huge difference, but I do have better airflow & a lil better throttle response. I've been doing lil affordable mods to it. I do it all myself. BTW I bought this car brand new for $14k & drove off the lot WITH EQUITY! How many ppl can say that?!
mustangsara7009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucylove21

Thank you very much for posting that rogue. Did you happen to see any paint discoloration between the car and what's under the stripe??

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

And new rims
None at all. I used a razor to lift up the corner and in one motion took it off. I guess it depends on the age of the car for color discoloration mine is a 08. Thanks for the comment on the rims. I'm going for the blacked out look and next is to plasti-dip my rims. I also plan on getting a CAI and will get the tune later. I've been told that you can still get the tune and before taking it into the shop you can return your car to a non-tune status.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #76
Sad Panda
Staff

Quote:

None at all. I used a razor to lift up the corner and in one motion took it off. I guess it depends on the age of the car for color discoloration mine is a 08. Thanks for the comment on the rims. I'm going for the blacked out look and next is to plasti-dip my rims. I also plan on getting a CAI and will get the tune later. I've been told that you can still get the tune and before taking it into the shop you can return your car to a non-tune status.
That's right. You can return car to stock anytime you want. Do you plan on getting a black convertible top eventually?
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucylove21 View Post
Hey everyone,
I just decided I'm going to start doing some mods under the hood slowly but surely. I am interested In getting a cold air intake but I wasn't too sure which company intake will make for better performance...? Anybody have any preference on brands or have any personal experience with this research? Anything will help me.. I just want the most performance possible for a reasonable price

Thanks
I went with "Steeda" High Flow Elbow CAI (Carbon Fiber). But mine is a V8, not sure what they have for V6, but I like Steeda and yes had to be Tuned.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:56 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrskoundrel

That's right. You can return car to stock anytime you want. Do you plan on getting a black convertible top eventually?
I'm looking for one but everybody I talk to want to replace the whole top for $600 instead of the canvas part.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #79
Sad Panda
Staff

Dang that's a chunk
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have two friends that did the plasti-dip to their rims and they turned out great. Was the stickiness from the vinyl a ***** to take off??? If I'm going to get a CAI, I'm gonna do it right and get the tuner one. I went an easy way out with my exhaust and don't feel like putting more money into it do I don't want to do that with a CAI as well.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KATO
I went with "Steeda" High Flow Elbow CAI (Carbon Fiber). But mine is a V8, not sure what they have for V6, but I like Steeda and yes had to be Tuned.
I was looking at steeda as well. Quality stuff, right? Haven't heard anything bad about them.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have two friends that did the plasti-dip to their rims and they turned out great. Was the stickiness from the vinyl a ***** to take off??? If I'm going to get a CAI, I'm gonna do it right and get the tuner one. I went an easy way out with my exhaust and don't feel like putting more money into it do I don't want to do that with a CAI as well.
Nothing was left but paint. I did mine during the day while it was in the sunlight. If its cooler where you're at us a hair dryer on the lowest setting only if you start to peel it off and you still see the glue from the vinyl.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nothing was left but paint. I did mine during the day while it was in the sunlight. If its cooler where you're at us a hair dryer on the lowest setting only if you start to peel it off and you still see the glue from the vinyl.
Thank you very much. I appreciate it so much!!!!

Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

It's no problem
Old 09-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I was looking at steeda as well. Quality stuff, right? Haven't heard anything bad about them.
No bad complaints at all. I highly recommend them. I have a childhood friend who has a complete "Steeda" Mustang. I have a picture of it in my Album pictures.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:43 PM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No bad complaints at all. I highly recommend them. I have a childhood friend who has a complete "Steeda" Mustang. I have a picture of it in my Album pictures.
Nice car!! Matching camaro too? Lol

Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
I just got a bbk cai too, except I feel a difference...idk what you dummies are talking about.
irishnite41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishnite41
I just got a bbk cai too, except I feel a difference...idk what you dummies are talking about.
Is it one that requires a tuner?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
No but I tuned it anyways bama
irishnite41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishnite41
No but I tuned it anyways bama
Ohhh okay.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice car!! Matching camaro too? Lol
Thanks, wife drives the Camaro. I'm not pushing you to get a Tuner, BUT the cars do run/performance much, much better. You will notice the performance. I did some stuff to the Camaro also: it has a Diablo Sport Preditor Tuner on it, Magnaflow Exhaust with o/r X pipe, Airaid CAI. It out performs the RS Camaro.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks, wife drives the Camaro. I'm not pushing you to get a Tuner, BUT the cars do run/performance much, much better. You will notice the performance. I did some stuff to the Camaro also: it has a Diablo Sport Preditor Tuner on it, Magnaflow Exhaust with o/r X pipe, Airaid CAI. It out performs the RS Camaro.
The camaro out runs the mustang or vice versa?

Old 09-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Yepp I have a warranty til 100k miles I found a BBK intake without a required tuner on AM, I wonder if it's any good??? Or am I just wasting my money????

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bbk-bl...ai-0510v6.html

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Heh I sweet talked my car salesman and he threw in the warranty for next to nothing. I couldn't pass it up
I have a bbk cai on mine, i also have a tuner, but the cai was the first thing i got, and my check engine light would keep coming on, when i finally got the tuner, i plugged it into the obd, it said running to lean, the tuner took care of that, plus gave it alot more hp
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13

I have a bbk cai on mine, i also have a tuner, but the cai was the first thing i got, and my check engine light would keep coming on, when i finally got the tuner, i plugged it into the obd, it said running to lean, the tuner took care of that, plus gave it alot more hp
Well that's def good info. Don't think I want to go the cheap way out... I don't want to mess up my car.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The camaro out runs the mustang or vice versa?
NO, no way, no how, not even on a Drunk Day.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts

Quote:
Well that's def good info. Don't think I want to go the cheap way out... I don't want to mess up my car.
U got it, do it the right way, let us know what u do
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
NO, no way, no how, not even on a Drunk Day.
Hah that drunk day was last night

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13

U got it, do it the right way, let us know what u do
Def!!

Old 09-10-2012, 07:35 AM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hah that drunk day was last night

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Def!!
So, you saw a Camaro outrun a Mustang GT?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota

I picked up just the cheap cold air from americanmuscle. I noticed a big change. I love it. I did all the research to see if spending 200 300 dollars. Was worth it. Most said your just paying for the name and not better performance. Id spend the 100 dollars less and put it towards shorty headers.
kirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So, you saw a Camaro outrun a Mustang GT?
No. I was just saying I was drunk the other night lol sry

Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No. I was just saying I was drunk the other night lol sry
Oh, OK. Sometimes on here, it get's a little hard to figure/understand what people are saying. My bad, I confused myself.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, OK. Sometimes on here, it get's a little hard to figure/understand what people are saying. My bad, I confused myself.
It's no problem KATO

Old 09-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's no problem KATO

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
cold air intake