Best 05-09 V6 Turbo/Supercharger? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Best 05-09 V6 Turbo/Supercharger?

I'm feeling that its time to upgrade my 2005 4.0L v6. been looking around and cant decide on supercharger, or a Twin turbo set up. The superchargers are pretty expensive but 2 turbos (which its been near impossible to find a twin turbo kit for a v6) would be even more with the labor added. So what do ya'll think? personally want ansers from people that have superchargers/turbos on their v6 05-09 stangs and if you know the performance gains, price you paid, and where you purchased your set up, I would be greatly appreciative

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly
I'm feeling that its time to upgrade my 2005 4.0L v6. been looking around and cant decide on supercharger, or a Twin turbo set up. The superchargers are pretty expensive but 2 turbos (which its been near impossible to find a twin turbo kit for a v6) would be even more with the labor added. So what do ya'll think? personally want ansers from people that have superchargers/turbos on their v6 05-09 stangs and if you know the performance gains, price you paid, and where you purchased your set up, I would be greatly appreciative
Can't go wrong with the x charger supercharger. 140hp and 120ft lb of torque added and it's super reliable. Theres a guy on here who put it on his car with 125k miles and he's over 200k now and still running 12 second quarter miles!
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Best 05-09 V6 Turbo/Supercharger?

My preference is the Xcharger Xtreme - by far the easiest one to install. It doesn't generate the most HP so if you are looking for a dyno queen and sheets to show off it won't get that for you. But the scream when you get on the throttle will let everyone know your car is not stock, and the low end torque will tell you that you have power on demand.

Actually I installed it with 90,000 miles on the car. And when I sold the car after ordering the 2013 it had 203,000 miles on it and was still running 12's. Not bad for a heavy convertible. The new owner says it is running great and just recently asked about what drag wheels and tires to get because he can't just drive it to shows he decided and has to hit the track.

If you are looking for the dyno queen, then a turbo set up is the way to go - and it will be quickest at the drag strip too. No one makes a twin kit, but you don't need twins. The Powerhouse single turbo kit is getting 4.0's into the 11's easily.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
My preference is the Xcharger Xtreme - by far the easiest one to install. It doesn't generate the most HP so if you are looking for a dyno queen and sheets to show off it won't get that for you. But the scream when you get on the throttle will let everyone know your car is not stock, and the low end torque will tell you that you have power on demand.

Actually I installed it with 90,000 miles on the car. And when I sold the car after ordering the 2013 it had 203,000 miles on it and was still running 12's. Not bad for a heavy convertible. The new owner says it is running great and just recently asked about what drag wheels and tires to get because he can't just drive it to shows he decided and has to hit the track.

If you are looking for the dyno queen, then a turbo set up is the way to go - and it will be quickest at the drag strip too. No one makes a twin kit, but you don't need twins. The Powerhouse single turbo kit is getting 4.0's into the 11's easily.
With the supercharger, I'm going to have to get a new shift kit as well because it's going to put too much strain on my transmission. The x charger extreme would put me at 297RWHP and 300+RWTQ. Can you link me to that turbo kit? Searched powerhouse turbo and didn't get anything.

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 09-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Try powerhouse411.com and you should find their turbo kit.

What do you mean by "new shift kit"?

As far as torque, the turbo will have more torque once it spools up. So if you think the Xcharger will strain your transmission the turbo will put more hp and torque into your driveline.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Try powerhouse411.com and you should find their turbo kit.

What do you mean by "new shift kit"?

As far as torque, the turbo will have more torque once it spools up. So if you think the Xcharger will strain your transmission the turbo will put more hp and torque into your driveline.
It will put more strain on my transmission when I shift and a B&N shift kit will help lessen the strain on my transmission when switching gears

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 09-09-2012, 07:55 AM   #7
Registered Member

Regular

There is a guy over at The Mustang Collective Forums - Powered by vBulletin (NicePony) who developed an adapter plate to upgrade the transmission to a much stronger one - I think it will let you use the GT500 6 speed transmission. Might be worth checking that out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang