Best axle back choice - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Best axle back choice

So like everybody else I'm assuming... I've had a million ideas on witch way to go with mods, ie full blown(literally) or just keep it classy but free up the trapped Hp I have in the 4.0, and I think that's the plan now lol. Mostly so I can keep the cost low and the resale high for the V8 switch in a few years. So what axle backs would give me a nice rumble at idle with the all around throaty sound? I'm not expecting the moon here but hopefully make some noise when the tops down.
Sully604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully604
So like everybody else I'm assuming... I've had a million ideas on witch way to go with mods, ie full blown(literally) or just keep it classy but free up the trapped Hp I have in the 4.0, and I think that's the plan now lol. Mostly so I can keep the cost low and the resale high for the V8 switch in a few years. So what axle backs would give me a nice rumble at idle with the all around throaty sound? I'm not expecting the moon here but hopefully make some noise when the tops down.
Ummm..if you want a classy modest exhaust then GT take offs are great! But loudness you'll want flowmasters or ford racing
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Borla
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Pypes there quality is just as good if not better then borla,magnaflow or flow master but there priced more reasonably an personally they sound better on the v6 I have pypes from the headers back an I like that set up the best an I've heard other 6's with flow master they sound ok but the drone is really bad magnaflow sounds amazing but they y pipe drains power an it's over priced an borla doesn't make v6 exhaust for the s197 an still ur paying for the name
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
IMO, pacesetter is the worst in terms of quality, then pypes followed closely by magnaflow and flowmaster, with borla being the best. My last pacesetter lasted 2 years. What you'll find sets them apart is the thickness of metal, quality of welds, and quality/life of finish. Sound and performance is an entirely different subject. Best sound is often times not the best performance. There are tons of videos of different exhaust setups. All gt SEO setups will work on v6 with minor alterations such as hangers and bumper cutouts.
jamin22786 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang