Exhaust - Need help, can't decide - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via MSN to dudeitsdylan
Exhaust - Need help, can't decide

I'm getting a dual exhaust put on my car because it is in the shop getting repaired for a hit and run. Someone backed into the front of my car while I was in class. I found a great deal on the front and rear gt bumpers for $300 together. I figured I might as well get a dual exhaust while it is in the shop. I can't decide between the ford racing or the magnaflow. Does the magnaflow have any drone? If I go with ford racing should I go ahead and just get the ford raving power package or is it not worth the extra $200? I want something loud enough to set off car alarms in a parking garage but not so loud I can't talk to someone inside the car. Any input or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Btw, I have a 2008 v6
dudeitsdylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Ford racing is not loud at all, so if you want that mean loud sound you have to go with magnaflow, flow master, or bassani. And IMO all exhausts drone its just a matter if finding the one you like
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

It's really what you'd prefer I'd go with either pypes or magnaflow just because I've had both an they both sound good but for the price I'd go full pypes headers x pipe an mufflers with a jlt cai with a tune an if u really want to spend some money get a throttle body an spacer then from there upgrade ur suspension , driveshaft , an go to a junk yard an pic up a 2005 gt 8.8 rear end then boost it !
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post
It's really what you'd prefer I'd go with either pypes or magnaflow just because I've had both an they both sound good but for the price I'd go full pypes headers x pipe an mufflers with a jlt cai with a tune an if u really want to spend some money get a throttle body an spacer then from there upgrade ur suspension , driveshaft , an go to a junk yard an pic up a 2005 gt 8.8 rear end then boost it !
I am gonna get a throttle body & spacer, suspension and all that later on. I don't have enough money for all of it right now, only the exhaust. Also is there any V6 packages that come with the 8.8 rear end? I've heard a few times that the pony package comes with it, but I'm not sure. I plan on getting a powerhouse turbo probably summer of next year or a little sooner. Also, does the Magnaflow have a bad drone?
Old 09-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

When u say drone do u mean redneck truck ? I don't think it has a drone at all but i have all the basic bolt ons an a tune an i think it sounds super clean but people have there own opinions but I'd go with pypes personally an I have a 09 v6 appearance package an it has all the performance upgrades from the factory that u could get for the v6 an I have a 7.5 rear end I've never heard of a s197 v6 coming stock with a 8.8 but I'm about to buy a 8.8 for my six cause I plan on throwing a couple pounds of boost in it buy march
Old 09-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeitsdylan

I am gonna get a throttle body & spacer, suspension and all that later on. I don't have enough money for all of it right now, only the exhaust. Also is there any V6 packages that come with the 8.8 rear end? I've heard a few times that the pony package comes with it, but I'm not sure. I plan on getting a powerhouse turbo probably summer of next year or a little sooner. Also, does the Magnaflow have a bad drone?
Just get the throttle body, the spacer is useless
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="dolfin13"]

Just get the throttle body, the spacer is useless[/QUOTE
U won't get all the power out of the throttle body without it ... U need more space between the intake manifold an the tb
Old 09-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
[QUOTE=Wmcgrattan;1328291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin13

Just get the throttle body, the spacer is useless[/QUOTE
U won't get all the power out of the throttle body without it ... U need more space between the intake manifold an the tb
I have both, I had the throttle body first. then put the spacer, waste of money
dolfin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Also, another quick question. I am going to have the shop do a oil change while it is there, what is the best oil to get? Also, do you recommend to do a flush or should it be fine with just a change?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Get whatever kind of oil you usually do, only time you need to flush is if your switching from regular to synth or the other way around
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post
Get whatever kind of oil you usually do, only time you need to flush is if your switching from regular to synth or the other way around
This is the first time changing the oil because I only got it back in April. I have no idea what is in it now though.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's not a noticeable upgrade but the dyno doesn't lie lol

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

That's with a 93 oct tune
Old 09-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Personally I would look into flow master american thunders. Soooooooooo throaty. Love the sound of my sixer now

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust