Southern California Special - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Southern California Special

Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has information on the SCS s197? I can only find a couple of facts about the car, such as only 500 made..any comments or info my SCS would be much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3360280953.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	437.9 KB
ID:	73759  
12collinspj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Pics of the car
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
I have never heard of that, very interesting to say the least.
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #4
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Hmmmm,never heard of such a thing.

This is all I could find.....
http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/g..._special.shtml
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

I"m not certain what happen to my last post, but I believe after spending 3 hours researching, I may have found the information you were looking for. But, this is only based on the Trunk Badge. Yet, not being able to even use your avitar because of it's darkness. I cannot comfirm, my findings. So, now I'm no longer sure! It would help a GREAT deal if you will give us more information to work with.

Identification: Basically the key elements of this special package are the paint color and fender badges. Of course depending on the age of the car it could have been repainted, which in one step probably eliminated the tell-tale original special color paint and the emblems. Like many special edition Mustangs there was nothing special about the VIN that proves it's heritage. They come down the assembly line just like every other Mustang. The final touches were either added just off the assembly line or by the dealer upon delivery.

Luckily the special paint does leave a trail. The DSO (see the door data plate) one of the two cars that it might be, it will be a 6 digit number instead of the normal 2 digits. The first 2 digits will be "51" designating the Denver sales district. The next 4 digits are the key and indicate it was a special order, in this case special paint. Both the will have this unique 6 digit DSO. So, how seriously do you want our help? We need the following:
Photos of the car! If there are markings take pictures!

3. Photo with any identifiable markings
SCCofSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV
I"m not certain what happen to my last post, but I believe after spending 3 hours researching, I may have found the information you were looking for. But, this is only based on the Trunk Badge. Yet, not being able to even use your avitar because of it's darkness. I cannot comfirm, my findings. So, now I'm no longer sure! It would help a GREAT deal if you will give us more information to work with.

Identification: Basically the key elements of this special package are the paint color and fender badges. Of course depending on the age of the car it could have been repainted, which in one step probably eliminated the tell-tale original special color paint and the emblems. Like many special edition Mustangs there was nothing special about the VIN that proves it's heritage. They come down the assembly line just like every other Mustang. The final touches were either added just off the assembly line or by the dealer upon delivery.

Luckily the special paint does leave a trail. The DSO (see the door data plate) one of the two cars that it might be, it will be a 6 digit number instead of the normal 2 digits. The first 2 digits will be "51" designating the Denver sales district. The next 4 digits are the key and indicate it was a special order, in this case special paint. Both the will have this unique 6 digit DSO. So, how seriously do you want our help? We need the following:
Photos of the car! If there are markings take pictures!

3. Photo with any identifiable markings
+1
Old 10-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Name:	image-3892020661.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	515.7 KB
ID:	73984

Name:	image-3303320572.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	73985

Name:	image-2037707200.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	608.1 KB
ID:	73986

About the silver stripes, I know the previous and original owner thought they were too feminine so he put black vynil stripes on. I thought he was nuts. currently, I have no stripes but I'm going to put on the silver again.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

also, there are no markings that I could find..even the digits are absent!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Thanks for the additional photos. These should help! Would you mind giving me the Vin# it's on the lower LH (driverside) windshield. Is only visible from outside ( just in case you didn't know) Thanks in advance!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

First, I am using my tablet and as I just found out by tapping the ^ the wrong icon above, I lost everything and have to start over If I am unable to include photo's, I will add links! You may already know some or perhaps most or even all but there are others, I for one who knew none of this and found it interesting. Here goes...

The 2006*Southern California Special was limited to 600 V6 Mustangs and included 9" silver racing stripes, chrome exhaust tips, Pony package (with 17 inch painted aluminum wheels, GT rear wing spoiler, fog lamps, ABS/Traction control, GT shocks, swaybar, and steering gear), special California edition "gas cap" badge, interior upgrade package (My Color Dash illumination, Chrome trim accents), power driver's seat, and Shaker 500 audio system. In 2005 a similar special model was called the San Diego Special, and starting in 2007 changed to a GT modification called the California Special. Hence, dropping "Southern" California Special! Hold on, I'm having problems attaching photos and more info! I keep getting thrown back to the signin.

All three of these Mustangs are the same vehicle and if your description is correct of what your mustang looked like before the black stripes with the origional being silver, it may resemble this somewhat (outer appearance only. Because this is "The 2006*Stampede Edition" of the V6 Premium Coupe with the Pony Package (17-inch painted aluminum wheels, grille-mounted fog lamps, and spoiler), chrome exhaust tip, dual over the top silver racing stripes, Pony spinner wheel caps, a Stampede gas cap, and an engraved serial numbered plaque on the dash. They could be ordered with an automatic or manual transmission. You could choose between Redfire, Vista Blue, Black or Tungsten Gray. Only 500 units were built. This was a factory Ford regional special only for the dealerships in Oklahoma and Texas.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006_00024_07.jpeg
Views:	418
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	74524   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_00024_01.jpeg
Views:	798
Size:	325.0 KB
ID:	74527  

Name:	2006_00024_07-1.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	74528  
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

There were Six SPECIAL MUSTANG'S for 2006

The*Shelby GT Hertz*or Shelby GT-H

As it was called is back in 2006. Like the original GT-350H from 1966, this GT-H features black and gold paint and they were only available new to the Hertz car rental agency. Other styling upgrades included side scoops, custom wheels, billet style grille, custom lower grille splitters, custom hood with vents. Only 500 of these cars where produced in 2006. Shelby Motors in Las Vegas took the stock 4.6L 3V V8 from the GT coupe and added an extra 25hp and 10lb-ft of torque.

THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA SPECIAL

THE STAMPEDE EDITION SPECIAL

THE SALEEN
The 2006*Saleen*comes in two body styles and three flavors. You can get the coupe and convertible in an S-281, S-281SC Supercharged, and the S-281E Extreme. New for 2006 is the optional Scenic Roof option which gives you an entire roof of glass.

THE MUSTANG ROUSH
Roush*Performance Products offered both performance parts and turn-key Mustang conversions. Three upgrade packages are the Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3. The Stage 3 offers 415hp and 385 lb-ft of torque in its intercooled ROUSHcharged and tuned 4.6L, 3-valve V8 engine. Also offered is the seven piece body kit, suspension upgrades, 18 inch wheels, custom leather interior, and Roush gauges just to name a few.

THE MUSTANG STEEDA
Steeda Autosports offered both performance parts and turn-key cars for the 2006 Mustang model year. Modifications included: custom hood, air dam, and spoiler; Steeda wheels; suspension improvements; and engine performance upgrades. Models included the V6, GT, Q 350, and Q 525. The Q 525 has 500hp at 5400rpm with its Steeda/Magna Charger supercharger system with intercooler.Mustang Steeda?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006shelbygt500coupe.jpeg
Views:	221
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	74540   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006saleen.jpeg
Views:	235
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	74542  

Attached Images

Old 11-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #12
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

12collinspj,

If you or anyone would like the complete Stats for 2006 ALL Stangs, let me know.

Goodnight I think my contact is stuck to my eye!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #13
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV
12collinspj,

If you or anyone would like the complete Stats for 2006 ALL Stangs, let me know.

Goodnight I think my contact is stuck to my eye!
Wow!! This is amazing info.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
Lord NoMoney
Staff

This is pretty cool. I too had never hear of a SCS
98 UA Mustang GT - sold
10 CI Mustang GT - slow
silverskoundrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #15
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
Wow!! This is amazing info.
Thank You! Thank you very much! I'm just sorry it took so long. I'm in my element, when it comes to investigation and this was the easy part. I found it really interesting. I don't know who else would besides you and I.

I think it would be really cool to do all the Special /Limited Editions Mustangs. Who knows. Anyway, I hope this is what he was wanting to know.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

this is amazing. this was way more than I ever expected. I know all there is to know about it now! also, my buddy has the Shelby GT hertz car..he thanks you for the info as well! thank you so much.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #17
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12collinspj View Post
this is amazing. this was way more than I ever expected. I know all there is to know about it now! also, my buddy has the Shelby GT hertz car..he thanks you for the info as well! thank you so much.
You both are very welcome. But, there is more.... Satistically speaking. That I haven't posted because of the length of time it took to get the breif description posted. So, check back.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

hahaha okay thank you!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:43 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

ive seen a few
i believe they made some SDS also, san diego special
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I live in San Diego and have seen a few V6 mustangs with silver stripes and the SDS or SCS badges on them. I never knew what they were though
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
I live in San Diego and have seen a few V6 mustangs with silver stripes and the SDS or SCS badges on them. I never knew what they were though
Yeah, there are actually a few SCS! Badges that were sold. The 2006 California Southern Special
And The Ski Country Special in again SCS, in 1967 and much more. lm putting together a complete list and their stats and will be posting it soon
Old 01-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #22

Can you give me all the info you h e on the SCS including horsepower I know it's a v6 but I don't know of it has anything to do with the motor
Rbgonzo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbgonzo4 View Post
Can you give me all the info you h e on the SCS including horsepower I know it's a v6 but I don't know of it has anything to do with the motor
The 2006 Southern California Special was limited to 600 V6 Mustangs and included 9" silver racing stripes, chrome exhaust tips, Pony package (with 17 inch painted aluminum wheels, GT rear wing spoiler, fog lamps, ABS/Traction control, GT shocks, swaybar, and steering gear), special California edition "gas cap" badge, interior upgrade package (My Color Dash illumination, Chrome trim accents), power driver's seat, and Shaker 500 audio system. In 2005 a similar special model was called the San Diego Special, and starting in 2007 changed to a GT modification called the California Special.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbgonzo4 View Post
I don't think there is any formal mods done to the motor but ever since I've had the SCS I've kept up with all GTs..all I have is a K&N cold air intake and an axleback exhaust from flomaster. it's actually kinda wierd!
Old 01-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

I don't think there is any formal mods done to the motor but ever since I've had the SCS I've kept up with all GTs..all I have is a K&N cold air intake and an axleback exhaust from flomaster. it's actually kinda wierd!
They must not be racing you lol cuz as far as factory mods its the same as a pony package
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post

They must not be racing you lol cuz as far as factory mods its the same as a pony package
haha I think you are right. also the previous owner who I bought the car from knew what he was doing so maybe he put gears on or something that he forgot to tell me๐Ÿ˜†
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Not even gears would make you beat a gt lol
Old 01-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not even gears would make you beat a gt lol
hahahah
Old 01-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

You have a nice car though so its ok haha
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You have a nice car though so its ok haha
yea well it's no GT, but it suits my needs/wants..I'm proud of my car๐Ÿ˜„
Old 01-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yea well it's no GT, but it suits my needs/wants..I'm proud of my cardde04
I don't know what carddeo4 means lol
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

new plates for the 2006 SCS!

Name:	image-3379155365.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	426.1 KB
ID:	88345

Name:	image-1008981923.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	382.9 KB
ID:	88346
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
new plates for the 2006 SCS!
Nice!
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Sick
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #35
Staff
Blogger
Staff

That is freaking awesome

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
california