Exhaust shop prices - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Exhaust shop prices

I went to an exhaust/service shop by my work to see what they might charge to make me a muffler delete. They estimated 165$ ,anyone think that seems a bit high?
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit
I went to an exhaust/service shop by my work to see what they might charge to make me a muffler delete. They estimated 165$ ,anyone think that seems a bit high?
That's a little high. I was quoted around $100-$125 but ended up just buying MAC boomtubes for $360 lol
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992

That's a little high. I was quoted around $100-$125 but ended up just buying MAC boomtubes for $360 lol
That's what I was hoping he'd say. He did mention that they wouldn't know exact prices till they get it in the air and see what I want.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit

That's what I was hoping he'd say. He did mention that they wouldn't know exact prices till they get it in the air and see what I want.
Yea I've even seen as low as $85.

For quality work its worth it tho. There's a shop around me that charges more for almost everything but they are REALLY good.

But something like a muffler delete is a pretty simple job
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992

Yea I've even seen as low as $85.

For quality work its worth it tho. There's a shop around me that charges more for almost everything but they are REALLY good.

But something like a muffler delete is a pretty simple job
That's why I thought 165 was ridiculous, I also wanted to see if they could fab up an h pipe, that I could see for 165 or so. I guess it wont hurt to get an official quote from them though
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jgill1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rolla
Region: Missouri
Posts: 1,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit

That's why I thought 165 was ridiculous, I also wanted to see if they could fab up an h pipe, that I could see for 165 or so. I guess it wont hurt to get an official quote from them though
Yea take it by they might look at it and realize they can do it for less. Sometimes shops estimate high to be on the safe side.
__________________

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
A little pricey. Should be in the 120 and under
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992

Yea take it by they might look at it and realize they can do it for less. Sometimes shops estimate high to be on the safe side.
That's a good point, hopefully I can get it in sometime
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
sinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 99
I paid 60 a side for mine looks perfect to reused stock hangers and tips
sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:25 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.