Horsepower Estimate - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Horsepower Estimate

Alright so I'm asking for a couple performance mods for Christmas this year and wana know bout how much hp I should be making at the crank (not the wheels). Here's my list including current and Christmas mods...
-Ford Racing cai
-Bama 89 Performance tune
-Accel Super EDIS coil pack
-Pypes polished shorty headers
-Pypes true dual mid muffler exhaust
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mkolabin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 344
Not a lot.

Not going to venture a guess, as that'd be pretty speculative. But let me just say, Dynolicious is your friend!

(and even that app is pretty speculative itself)
__________________
2006 V6 - Black on black. Tints, Louvers, Shorty Antenna and BBK CAI. "We're just getting started folks!"
Mkolabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
maybe close to 250 if the cars held all it's ponies over the years...and that's me giving each mod the higher end of what they claim
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Alright so I'm asking for a couple performance mods for Christmas this year and wana know bout how much hp I should be making at the crank (not the wheels). Here's my list including current and Christmas mods...
-Ford Racing cai
-Bama 89 Performance tune
-Accel Super EDIS coil pack
-Pypes polished shorty headers
-Pypes true dual mid muffler exhaust
08Mustang,

This is definitely a good list of Mods for your Mustang. Judging by your picture I'm assuming you have an 08 V6', if not please correct me!

These mods on an 05-09 V6 will pick up 35+RWHP and 35+RWTQ! This would put you in the 200 to 210 RWHP area. We actually installed a CAI and Bama tune on our V6 project car and caught it on film! Check it out:

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

08Mustang,

This is definitely a good list of Mods for your Mustang. Judging by your picture I'm assuming you have an 08 V6', if not please correct me!

These mods on an 05-09 V6 will pick up 35+RWHP and 35+RWTQ! This would put you in the 200 to 210 RWHP area. We actually installed a CAI and Bama tune on our V6 project car and caught it on film! Check it out:

-Dan
Thanks Dan!! And yes I will be ordering all my parts from AM, as usual! And I do have a stack racing throttle body, if that'll affect those numbers??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Good for another 3
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
Road Trip!
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: California
Posts: 610
Around 30hp good
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rogue Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW
Region: Texas
Posts: 586
So the accel coil pack is back in stock? I've been waiting for those.
__________________
Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider
So the accel coil pack is back in stock? I've been waiting for those.
I think so
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider View Post
So the accel coil pack is back in stock? I've been waiting for those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I think so

Hey guys!

I don't believe we have any Accel Super EDIS coil packs in stock at this moment. However, I just checked in on our next deliver for you guys and there's more coming soon. We're expecting a deliver on December 10th, so keep an eye out and they should be here in no time. Sorry for the wait!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Regular
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: MidWorld
Region: Other
Posts: 4,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider
So the accel coil pack is back in stock? I've been waiting for those.
MSD or Stock, Accel's don't come highly recommended at all.
__________________
That's unimpressive
deadsp0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

MSD or Stock, Accel's don't come highly recommended at all.
Completely disagree! Accel makes great products
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Saucywalnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Oklahoma
Posts: 239
It may not gain much hp but it'll sound really good
Saucywalnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Thanks Dan!! And yes I will be ordering all my parts from AM, as usual! And I do have a stack racing throttle body, if that'll affect those numbers??
Of course, It was my pleasure assisting you! Thanks for being such a great and loyal customer to us, we really appreciate it. A throttle body will definitely help in a few different departments once you're tuned. You'll see a big gain in power, torque, drive ability and Throttle response!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Of course, It was my pleasure assisting you! Thanks for being such a great and loyal customer to us, we really appreciate it. A throttle body will definitely help in a few different departments once you're tuned. You'll see a big gain in power, torque, drive ability and Throttle response!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance!

-Dan
Actually I've always wondered about the BBK 70MM throttle body...if there isn't an adapter to mate up to the intake manifold then won't the larger opening of the throttle body just be a bigger hole feeding into a smaller hole which wouldn't be very productive...and sorry that comment meant to say stack racing throttle body SPACER, sorry about that.
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #16
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
Actually I've always wondered about the BBK 70MM throttle body...if there isn't an adapter to mate up to the intake manifold then won't the larger opening of the throttle body just be a bigger hole feeding into a smaller hole which wouldn't be very productive...and sorry that comment meant to say stack racing throttle body SPACER, sorry about that.
Okay, No worries. The Spacer will definitely help get more air in faster. However like you explained your pushing a lot of air into a smaller location, so it can't be used as much as an actual throttle body! You'll still feel/see some improvements though.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer

Okay, No worries. The Spacer will definitely help get more air in faster. However like you explained your pushing a lot of air into a smaller location, so it can't be used as much as an actual throttle body! You'll still feel/see some improvements though.

-Dan
I have both an it's not crazy noticeable but u will feel it an with a Cai an tune it has a superchargered sound to it
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rogue Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW
Region: Texas
Posts: 586
The coil pack has been on my build list seems like forever
__________________
Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Slider
The coil pack has been on my build list seems like forever
Not that amazing I got the gms coil pack that claims 18 hp gains but I can notice some gains but idk about 18 but I have notice a big gain In mpg
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rogue Slider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: DFW
Region: Texas
Posts: 586
Got my email alert from AM they have the coil pack in stock now
__________________
Rogue Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:01 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.