4.6 injectors fit the 4.0? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

kirpy is unknown around these parts
4.6 injectors fit the 4.0?

Im getting ready to turbo my pony. But I need to find atleast 40lb injectors for my car. Its a 2005 v6. Ive been looking around and some people say that the injectors out of the gt work. but no one is super clear if they do work or what year engine to use. If anyone can point me in the correct way that would be great. Thanx

Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

davidcseifert is unknown around these parts
The EV6 injectors should work I don't believe they reverted back to the old EV1's for the newer sixers, and even the injectors from a new 2013 5.0 are only 32.8 psi at normal pressure, you'll have to look into some from a termi if you want stockish manufactured injectors, they're rated at 39/42lbs which should be plenty enough, check out corral.net they have a great classifieds section and usually a couple sets float around there, next bet would be eBay or amazon

BV heads, P&P lower, comp 218/226 cam, 4.2 bottom end, 3k stall, flow 40's, O/R x-pipe, Pacesetter lt's, SCT xcal2 (93 Ortizperformance tune), Windstar upper, 65mm tb, CAI, 8.8 w/ 3.73's, SFC's, cut springs, KYB shocks/struts, MM LCA's
blower/new cam soon
Dealer for Ortiz Performance, great tunes at a good price!
davidcseifert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

kirpy is unknown around these parts
What i need is a set that is around 42-45. I found a set for my gen v8s that are 47s. But i wanted to know if theyll fit before trying to make them work. Thanks for the help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang