Car having trouble starting, HELP! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Kansas
Car having trouble starting, HELP!

So 2 days ago, I wanted to get the stang out for a drive and fill her up with some gas. When I got into my car, I heard the starter trying to "roll over" and it was a rapid clicking sound. So I hooked up my battery charger and put the gas run off for a while. 36 hours later I take off the battery charger and start up my car. It took it about 5 seconds to catch and then turn on, but when it turned on, the car reset itself (clock set to 12:00, AM radio turned on, mileage gauge displays 0 miles driven) and its been doing this ever since. My headlights still work when the battery is low and the battery is about 2 months old. Also take into consideration that it is cold where I am at (this happened last year when it was cold, not during the summer). So what should I do? Any suggestions before I take it in? Going to get the battery tested here in a few so any thoughts/answers would be awesome

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Nevada
Get your alternator tested.

2006 Mustang GT Premium RedFire. CAI, SLP Loudmouth, SCT Progammer, 5 speed manual trans. My other car is a CORVETTE!
maldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #3
Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
If I had money and was the gambling type, I'd bet you its a bad battery.
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers:
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: California
That happen to me and was the battery.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang