If its V6 it Aint Worth it ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

If its V6 it Aint Worth it ?

Honestly I am Thinking of Getting a 2012 Mustang or Camaro
and My Mom Says If it Ain't a V8 it Ain't Worth it ]
they suck on gas and i ain't trying to pay that much for the car plus fill it up so
what do you think if its V6 I know you cant "hear it purr" but is it considered ok because you can afford it better (especially in today's economy)
glendyn52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Have not driven the new Camaro, but informal questioning on my part indicates that people care less about the engine or ergonomics of that car than "Dude, it's a CAMARO." I was not very impressed with a 2011 3.7L V6 Mustang that I rented. It was an automatic and the transmission is geared for fuel economy, meaning the engine never has a chance to really wind out. Don't get me wrong - it was quick - but it wasn't slap your head back against the headrest, spin the tires in all five gears, fast.

The Camaro and Mustang both once were optioned with four-cylinder iron lung engines that could make barely over 100 HP, and their V6 versions were not much better. So the only one "worth having" if you were an enthusiast was the V8-powered SS or GT model.

If you're looking at a Mustang or a Camaro simply because you want a sporty car that looks good, then the V6 models of either will have plenty of get-up-and-go for you, especially if you get the manual transmission which gives you more control over the powerband. Otherwise, Mom knows best... if it ain't V8... it ain't s***.
quin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Believe it or not the new V6 Camaro will out perform a 1967 Camaro SS 350 in every category including 0 to 60 and quarter mile. It will out accelerate, out corner, and out brake the 1967 Camaro SS all while getting 29 MPG on the highway.

I would bet the new Mustang V6 would have similar results against a 1969 Mustang Boss 351.

Is your mother paying for this car? Then let her buy you a V8. If you are paying for this car and a V6 is what you can afford, then buy the V6.

Print the article on the link below and let your mother read it. Let her explain why the V6 Camao beats a 1967 Camaro SS 350 with a 4 speed.
napayshni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

A v6 is worth it. 300hp and 30mpg!

But I would never buy one in my American muscle car. I would buy a v6 sports car like a 370Z or a Genisis coupe, but never in a muscle car. Especially if I was buying brand new.

The Mustang is designed to be a track star with a 400hp 5.0. If you want a car that looks like an awesome mustang and keeps most of the awesomeness then it would be okay to downgrade to the v6. But don't settle for the automatic otherwise I would never stop making fun of you.

P.S. Ford rates the V8 mustang at 25mpg!
stanwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #5

well..... I wouldnt consider any other engine for the mustang but the V8 due to the V6 being slower then ballls. The Camaro's V6 is fairly good though, and it purrs nicely. Hell, even the little 4 banger in my dads SRT-4 purrs real nice. The engine size isnt what makes you hear more sound (although it helps) but what it is really is the noise barrier between the inside of the car and the engine bay. Honestly though, go for the V8 ford mustang or the SS Camaro.
manni99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I totally agree with your mom. I hate the idea of v6 muscle cars. But as of the new mustangs and camaros, their v6's put out 300 horse. Thats nothing to sneeze at. Plus pretty good milage. So if you want to save some gas, the v6 well still preform pretty dang good. Good luck!
imported_conan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I drive a v6 and I love it. I didn't even mind a 4 cylinder. I get acceptable gas mileage and my car gets up and goes. Why waste money for something nobody else will care about?
jonni is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang