Tires for a V6 2009 Mustang? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Tires for a V6 2009 Mustang?

I need new tires for my 2009 V6 Mustang, and there are some Black Friday deals at Walmart, but none are an exact match for what I think I have on there now. So my question is, when buying new tires, do the numbers need to match exactly the same as the current tires? Specifically the 215 number. Can I have 205 or 220?
delmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 12:01 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

It's best advised for your numbers to match. Wrong sizes in the sidewall, width etc.. can create a slight error in your speedometer and odometer.
nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I would not buy tires from Wal-Mart, they usually don't carry top tier tires. Many of the tires they cary despite being name brand tires are only sold at Wal-Mart or Sams Club. This should tell you something. The Goodyear Tracker and Goodyear Viva tires are prime examples of this. Goodyear doesn't sell these tires in their own store nor do any other tire places sell these tires. Basically they are tires that Goodyear makes to Walmat specs (re: cheap as possible). I wouldn't trust such tires.

IMHO, there are two places that you absolutely *never* skimp on; tires and brakes. Do yourself a favor spend the extra money for some quality tires. Tirerack.com has good tires a decent prices. Costco does as well. And yes it would be best to stick the stock size of tire. In your case it should be P215/65/R16
skah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, the numbers need to match. That is sort of the whole idea.
macdaibhidh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
2009 mustang