suspension ideas... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
suspension ideas...

So I recently had to redo my ball joints and tie rods at 50k miles. Andbi got a little carried away for christmas and decided to buy bilstein hd series strut and shocks and a morotcraft strut mount and a stack racing strut tower brace. What else should/could I do? It rides really well now but i I still have yet to do sway bar links. Any other ideas?
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Control arms , caster camber plates , an coil overs should be a good start
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post
So I recently had to redo my ball joints and tie rods at 50k miles. Andbi got a little carried away for christmas and decided to buy bilstein hd series strut and shocks and a morotcraft strut mount and a stack racing strut tower brace. What else should/could I do? It rides really well now but i I still have yet to do sway bar links. Any other ideas?
Audicrashdummy,

I see you have the Bilestein HD serious strut/shocks, but is the car lowered at all? If not, lowering springs would be awesome for both looks and performance handling. To save a few bucks, we also have our SR Performance lowering springs available for $169.99 at the moment. They're a nice quality spring for any street driven Mustang! Also, you'll want to look into Caster/Camber plates in order to get the alignment adjust properly. J&M has decent CC plates for a good price, as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about these parts or anything else on our AM site!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Audicrashdummy,

I see you have the Bilestein HD serious strut/shocks, but is the car lowered at all? If not, lowering springs would be awesome for both looks and performance handling. To save a few bucks, we also have our SR Performance lowering springs available for $169.99 at the moment. They're a nice quality spring for any street driven Mustang! Also, you'll want to look into Caster/Camber plates in order to get the alignment adjust properly. J&M has decent CC plates for a good price, as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about these parts or anything else on our AM site!

Shane
From what I was told I would need new sturst and shock (bilstein sport) while I have bilstein hd. Will that change anything?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post
From what I was told I would need new sturst and shock (bilstein sport) while I have bilstein hd. Will that change anything?
Nope, the Bilsein HD series will work perfectly. We've had lots customers use them with no complaints on lowered Mustangs. There's no reason to replace them!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Nope, the Bilsein HD series will work perfectly. We've had lots customers use them with no complaints on lowered Mustangs. There's no reason to replace them!

Shane
Oh okay cool thank you ill definitely look into that. Thanks for the advice!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang