Car wont start? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Car wont start?

So I've been sitting my 2006 V6 for about 2 months in fairly cold weather starting it every week or 2. It's been about 2 weeks since my last start up and today it wouldn't start, just clicks coming from what sounds like the starter? It dosent turn over at all. Could it be a dead battery? I would have tried a jump start all ready but my jeep is currently in the shop lol poor luck lately.... Any opinions?
Sully604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
I would guess battery, it takes longer trips, idle times to charge a battery. Try a jump! I drive my civic for about an hour every two weeks to keep it running smooth.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Definitely the battery. I had a 2007 GT I bought new. After only three years and almost daily driving, one morning I went to start it and it was dead. To confirm the problem get a jump start and take it to a auto parts store "AutoZone" for example and they can tell you if it is the battery or the alternator for sure.
#1289 of a build of 3004 coupes.
#51 of 156 coupes manufactured in Alloy Metallic.
Pype Bombs exhaust and Nitto 555 tires
Rickv09GT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Thanks all, I'm not too worried about it but it was an inconvenience thought it was weird my power locks didn't work at all either so it has to be the battery
Sully604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully604 View Post
Thanks all, I'm not too worried about it but it was an inconvenience thought it was weird my power locks didn't work at all either so it has to be the battery
Do the lights work? I stalled my stang for a week and I thought it was the battery as well. After jumping it and driving it for about a hour, I garaged it for a day. Went to start it up and it started flawlessly. Long story short jump it an drive it around! If it doesn't turn on again then it's the battery for sure.

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:44 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Mos def sounds like yer batt.

How cold, when you say cold, do you mean? Cold weather is worse on MOST average batteries. When you last turned it over, did you remember to turn everything off afterwards? Was your trunk lid ajar? A door maybe? An interior light stayed on? 2 weeks, in cold temps, with even a minor draw on the battery, is a great way to kill it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang