Modifications - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #1

Region: North Carolina
Modifications

I just bought a 2010 v6 mustang. It came with a free lifetime powertrain warranty as well as an lifetime extended warranty covering pretty much power components, such as windows, locks, and radio. However, any mods will void both of those warranties. I've learned that unless they can prove that the mod hurt whatever was effected, they cant void the warranty. Im planning on installing most of the mods myself. Good idea or bad? also what kind of mods would be good first, without putting a dent in the bank
MikeCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCross View Post
I just bought a 2010 v6 mustang. It came with a free lifetime powertrain warranty as well as an lifetime extended warranty covering pretty much power components, such as windows, locks, and radio. However, any mods will void both of those warranties. I've learned that unless they can prove that the mod hurt whatever was effected, they cant void the warranty. Im planning on installing most of the mods myself. Good idea or bad? also what kind of mods would be good first, without putting a dent in the bank
Catback exhaust won't void it, or non tuned intake
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Most exterior mods won't void it

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Founder of Topeka Mustang Club
MTilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTilly View Post

Most exterior mods won't void it
Most?? What exterior mod would void it??
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

Most?? What exterior mod would void it??
Air splitter. Voids the factory warranty on the boss 302

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote:
As for mods, a new exhaust or just a muffler, some tint, and some smoked tail lights just to name a few.

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Air splitter. Voids the factory warranty on the boss 302

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

As for mods, a new exhaust or just a muffler, some tint, and some smoked tail lights just to name a few.
Boss 302 comes factory with a splitter...
Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Boss 302 comes factory with a splitter...
That's funny, cause my friend bought a wrecked 302. The previous owner was selling it because the air splitter caught the ground and messed the whole front of the car up and ford said they wouldn't cover it because it had the splitter...

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote:

That's funny, cause my friend bought a wrecked 302. The previous owner was selling it because the air splitter caught the ground and messed the whole front of the car up and ford said they wouldn't cover it because it had the splitter...
The splitter is not stock with the 302. It IS stock with the Leguna Seca. You CAN buy a package that includes the splitter "leguna seca package"

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

The splitter is not stock with the 302. It IS stock with the Leguna Seca. You CAN buy a package that includes the splitter "leguna seca package"
The 302 has the GT/CS front fascia but with a splitter but the Laguna seca just has a larger splitter
Old 02-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The 302 has the GT/CS front fascia but with a splitter but the Laguna seca just has a larger splitter
Got me. To OP, a leguna seca splitter will void your warranty

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Got me. To OP, a leguna seca splitter will void your warranty
Yeah it's not street legal
Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Michigan
The Laguna Seca is street legal. It has a title and VIN. It has some enhancements for a road course but definitely street legal.

You must be confusing that with the Cobra Jet. The CJ has no VIN and is a factory turnkey drag race car.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The Laguna Seca is street legal. It has a title and VIN. It has some enhancements for a road course but definitely street legal.

You must be confusing that with the Cobra Jet. The CJ has no VIN and is a factory turnkey drag race car.
Not saying the Laguna seca isn't street legal just the splitter isn't
Old 02-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #13

Yeah i want more then a catback exhaust though. I deffinatly dont wanna straight pipe it, but i was thinking flowmaster or something along those lines. But as for the engine, a cold air intake or throttle body wont void the warranty if put in properly, right?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah i want more then a catback exhaust though. I deffinatly dont wanna straight pipe it, but i was thinking flowmaster or something along those lines. But as for the engine, a cold air intake or throttle body wont void the warranty if put in properly, right?
Correct. Tbh a throttle body and CAI are a waste of money unless you get a custom tune as well. As for flow master exhaust I recommend the American thunders. That's what I have and I receive a LOT of compliments on it

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-12-2013, 09:05 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I highly recommend the Pypes mid-muffler cat back paired up with their polished shorty headers, deepest sound I've heard on a v6!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I highly recommend the Pypes mid-muffler cat back paired up with their polished shorty headers, deepest sound I've heard on a v6!
Pypes =[. Lets all be honest, if you want deep and throaty, go with borla or flowmaster. If you want loud and raspy, go with Pypes or magnaflow. Just listen to clips on YouTube. If you want I can send you a clip of mine

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Pypes =[. Lets all be honest, if you want deep and throaty, go with borla or flowmaster. If you want loud and raspy, go with Pypes or magnaflow. Just listen to clips on YouTube. If you want I can send you a clip of mine
This is true, but the pypes headers and x pipe gives sweet sound, I have flows on mine and I love it
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd agree with statement as far as v8s go but for v6s, flowmasters are not as throaty as Pypes m80s.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd agree with statement as far as v8s go but for v6s, flowmasters are not as throaty as Pypes m80s.
I disagree 110%. Pypes is more old and raspy. Flowmaster has a deep aggressive idol. Also has throatier revs. Again it's all opinion but I believe that flowmaster and borla make the best mufflers

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:

I disagree 110%. Pypes is more old and raspy. Flowmaster has a deep aggressive idol. Also has throatier revs. Again it's all opinion but I believe that flowmaster and borla make the best mufflers
For v6s compare the m80s to the flowmaster american thunders or 40 series...not even a fair fight

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

For v6s compare the m80s to the flowmaster american thunders or 40 series...not even a fair fight
I've heard guys with dual American thunders and compared to mine it doesn't sound as throaty to me but maybe I'm biased lol
Old 02-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

I've heard guys with dual American thunders and compared to mine it doesn't sound as throaty to me but maybe I'm biased lol
I'll have to make an exhaust video lol I have American thunders and they bubble nice at idle and sound great on acceleration, plus in gonna make them quad exhaust soon haha
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #22

Honestly i dont want something that sounds too loud, i dont want people to point at me while im going down the road and say that guy has a small wang, if you know what i mean. I just want something that when you rev it or are in the first 3 gears, it sounds more like the v8. Nothing too, too loud
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Honestly i dont want something that sounds too loud, i dont want people to point at me while im going down the road and say that guy has a small wang, if you know what i mean. I just want something that when you rev it or are in the first 3 gears, it sounds more like the v8. Nothing too, too loud
Then go with the American thunder

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

Then go with the American thunder
+100
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry guys, my vote is still Pypes mid muffler
Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maine
I had the american thunder on my single exhaust I loved it for a time but it was annoying in the interstate, the drone was so bad. Just bought pypes true dual exhaust and I love it, sounds way better than the video on AM. Wish I saw the midmuffler though. Also my flowmaster rusted out in 2 years.
goatsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatsoup View Post
I had the american thunder on my single exhaust I loved it for a time but it was annoying in the interstate, the drone was so bad. Just bought pypes true dual exhaust and I love it, sounds way better than the video on AM. Wish I saw the midmuffler though. Also my flowmaster rusted out in 2 years.
The mid muffler drones at about 1500 rpm once it's warmed up but no one is going 45 on the highway so you never really get drone, just a rumble!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
You're going duals right? Don't get one muffler on the 4.0. It sounds like ****
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post

Correction...sounds good if you're coming from stock but then you realize duals is the only way to go lol
Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I love duals, so much better than single and it rides better, could be my imagination lol
Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ya I love duals, so much better than single and it rides better, could be my imagination lol
Rides better??
Old 02-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

My cai made my car a bit smoother and then adding the duals I feel like it has a bit more of a bite to its acceleration. Even if its my imagination I love it lol
Old 02-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My cai made my car a bit smoother and then adding the duals I feel like it has a bit more of a bite to its acceleration. Even if its my imagination I love it lol
Oh well yeah, you added about 15hp with dual exhaust
Old 02-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm assuming you didn't get the stainless steel ones? Because those come with a lifetime warranty from flowmaster

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post

That's weird cause I get complements on my single all the time lmao

PROJECT "6APPEAL"

Old 02-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

I dont remember what I had but they didnt coat half so it rusted out badly

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang