Before & After Headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Before & After Headers

First vid is with stock manifolds and second is vid with Pypes polished shorty headers





What y'all think? Sound difference??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
First vid is with stock manifolds and second is vid with Pypes polished shorty headers





What y'all think? Sound difference??
Definitely a difference, more of a bubbly growl with the headers, I have the same ones and I love them
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post

Definitely a difference, more of a bubbly growl with the headers, I have the same ones and I love them
Yeah they fit great!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
I like how they change color too haha mine look like this now
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130213_155703.png
Views:	150
Size:	613.5 KB
ID:	90736
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Haha yeah me too, mine are like a steel blue color now
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Im probably gonna change it up soon though, I have pacesetters sitting in my garage so I might put those on
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post
Im probably gonna change it up soon though, I have pacesetters sitting in my garage so I might put those on
I've heard long tubes don't sound as good as shorties on the 4.0, heard they sound better at idle but not on acceleration or WOT
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

I've heard long tubes don't sound as good as shorties on the 4.0, heard they sound better at idle but not on acceleration or WOT
Ya I've heard both, ill probably end up trying it out lol from looking at YouTube videos it seems the best combo with LTs for the 4.0 is to keep the cats ans go with an h pipe and a good muffler
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post

Ya I've heard both, ill probably end up trying it out lol from looking at YouTube videos it seems the best combo with LTs for the 4.0 is to keep the cats ans go with an h pipe and a good muffler
Yeah that'd probably sound pretty sweet!
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

Yeah that'd probably sound pretty sweet!
I hope so cuz its gonna cost me an easy 500 to take off my shorties and x pipe and put on my LTs wih a custom H pipe haha
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
08Mustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Georgia
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrav83 View Post

I hope so cuz its gonna cost me an easy 500 to take off my shorties and x pipe and put on my LTs wih a custom H pipe haha
Dadgum!! Might as well do it right though! What kind of mufflers??
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Atrav83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Colorado
Posts: 474
Flow master American thunders!
Atrav83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.