honeycomb grille. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Audicrashdummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 125
honeycomb grille.

Anyone have good method to clean it? I hate it looking so dirty but its very hard yo clean. Any ideas?
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post
Anyone have good method to clean it? I hate it looking so dirty but its very hard yo clean. Any ideas?
Submerge it in break fluid for a while wash off the fluid an it should look brand new if it looks faded u can always duplicolor it
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Audicrashdummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post

Submerge it in break fluid for a while wash off the fluid an it should look brand new if it looks faded u can always duplicolor it
That'll soak off the dirt?
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Press a soapy mf sponge up against the grille, to force some water into the honeycombs and let the sponge's "fingers" get the majority of the dirt out. Then when it's all soaped up, rinse with a hose (spraying downward so you're not spraying your bay) and then dry it with a thick, plush mf towel in the same manner as washing: by pressing it into the grille. Works better if you do it regularly (obviously).

EDIT: Won't brake fluid eat at the plastic? If so and if the grille is real dirty, take it out, wash it and use a 10:1 mixture of water and iso alcohol to really spiffy it up. You might be able to use a slightly higher concentration, but don't go too high as I've seen it dull plastic (with straight up alcohol).
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Audicrashdummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Press a soapy mf sponge up against the grille, to force some water into the honeycombs and let the sponge's "fingers" get the majority of the dirt out. Then when it's all soaped up, rinse with a hose (spraying downward so you're not spraying your bay) and then dry it with a thick, plush mf towel in the same manner as washing: by pressing it into the grille. Works better if you do it regularly (obviously).

EDIT: Won't brake fluid eat at the plastic? If so and if the grille is real dirty, take it out, wash it and use a 10:1 mixture of water and iso alcohol to really spiffy it up. You might be able to use a slightly higher concentration, but don't go too high as I've seen it dull plastic (with straight up alcohol).
MF?
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post

MF?
Microfiber
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post

That'll soak off the dirt?
Yeah an any bugs that are caked on there
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Audicrashdummy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post

Yeah an any bugs that are caked on there
I don't have a problem with bugs. Its dirt.
Audicrashdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Wmcgrattan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audicrashdummy View Post

I don't have a problem with bugs. Its dirt.
Well it will get anything off that's on it an it won't ruin the chrome on the pony or fade the plastic my friend does it to his v6 before every meet or show we go to
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post

Well it will get anything off that's on it an it won't ruin the chrome on the pony or fade the plastic my friend does it to his v6 before every meet or show we go to
Good to know
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Next_up23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 106
That's a nice grill!!
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:29 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.