CAI or 3.93 gears for first mod? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
CAI or 3.93 gears for first mod?

I put a TB spacer on my car already and I know the CAI coincides well with the TB spacer. But I feel like I get more bang for my buck with 3.93 gears. Opinions?
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post
I put a TB spacer on my car already and I know the CAI coincides well with the TB spacer. But I feel like I get more bang for my buck with 3.93 gears. Opinions?
Cai would be easier an quicker to install
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Thumbs up

Quote:

Check out AmericanMuscle.com. You can get an Intake/Tuner deal for around $500-600. Gears, installation kit and labor will run you the same price, and take much longer than a 20 minutes install. Go for the JLT/Bama Set. Free tunes for life with Bama. Basically, anytime you add a performance mod you can email them with the new mod, and they will send you the new custom tune for your car. best bang for your buck man.
Davo_281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo_281GT View Post

Check out AmericanMuscle.com. You can get an Intake/Tuner deal for around $500-600. Gears, installation kit and labor will run you the same price, and take much longer than a 20 minutes install. Go for the JLT/Bama Set. Free tunes for life with Bama. Basically, anytime you add a performance mod you can email them with the new mod, and they will send you the new custom tune for your car. best bang for your buck man.
I've been on AM exploring all their options for weeks now! It's a great site. I'll start with the BBK CAI and then get a tuner a few months later when I have the money. I even made up a whole wish list for my car including dual exhaust, AMR wheels/nitto tires, control arms, springs, camber plates, break pads, headers, coils and plugs and even a GT grille.. It'll cost about $3200 so I'm saving up if you know of brands that work for you lemme know!
Old 02-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Cai is your best bet for a first upgrade, but ya gotta think about what you want to get out of your car. Is it your daily driver and only want to upgrade or to build a beast for the track? Ya can spend over $3k easy and still not be able to go anywhere fast, or could spend the same $3k on forced induction and be as fast as ya wanted it to be. Or half that on a new 8.8 rear end. There are so many options and it is your money and car to do what ya want, just wanted to share my opinion with you, because if I knew that when I started upgrading my car I would've done differently
goat8it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Yeah the biggest regret I have is not buying the tuner cai combo at the same time . I'd go with the tuner before the cai you'll get alot more out of it
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat8it View Post
Cai is your best bet for a first upgrade, but ya gotta think about what you want to get out of your car. Is it your daily driver and only want to upgrade or to build a beast for the track? Ya can spend over $3k easy and still not be able to go anywhere fast, or could spend the same $3k on forced induction and be as fast as ya wanted it to be. Or half that on a new 8.8 rear end. There are so many options and it is your money and car to do what ya want, just wanted to share my opinion with you, because if I knew that when I started upgrading my car I would've done differently
I'm just trying to upgrade it, not for track reasons. Thank you for your opinion I'll take it into consideration

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgrattan View Post
Yeah the biggest regret I have is not buying the tuner cai combo at the same time . I'd go with the tuner before the cai you'll get alot more out of it
Thank you! I definitely wouldn't have known..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
Road Trip!

If you buy the cai first it will be worthless without a tune.. ill say buy the tune first you will really feel a big difference..
Andy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

I've been on AM exploring all their options for weeks now! It's a great site. I'll start with the BBK CAI and then get a tuner a few months later when I have the money. I even made up a whole wish list for my car including dual exhaust, AMR wheels/nitto tires, control arms, springs, camber plates, break pads, headers, coils and plugs and even a GT grille.. It'll cost about $3200 so I'm saving up if you know of brands that work for you lemme know!
No problem man. Will do!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Tags
cai