upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Region: Kansas
upgrades

I have plans of putting mid pypes true exhaust, 20" rims , lowering it throttle body with spacer anyone got any recommed upgrades
rajeev2liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev2liz View Post
I have plans of putting mid pypes true exhaust, 20" rims , lowering it throttle body with spacer anyone got any recommed upgrades
Cut the rims down to 19" ... 20" is too much an won't ride well the pypes system is a good set up with there shorty headers an dont waste ur money on a tb unless ur running forced induction .. Get a set of 4:10 gears an the auburn LSD jlt cai with the sct tuner an sr performance lowering springs to take away the wheel gap
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 PM   #3

thanks alot for the information i already got the CAI i forgot forgot about that. headers will be a must but when i put the 19' rim what size tires you recommed and that brand of lowering springs ebaich, H&R thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
thanks alot for the information i already got the CAI i forgot forgot about that. headers will be a must but when i put the 19' rim what size tires you recommed and that brand of lowering springs ebaich, H&R thanks
Buy the 19" rim an tire package with nittos I've had amazing performance with them an which rims are u going with ? An I'd go with sr springs I've had a great experience with them . An I'd get the headers an exhaust at the same time so when u install them u only have to do it once but I can't even express on here how amazing the 4:10's an auburn LSD my brother got them installed on his 07 v6 I had the 06 8.8 rear end with 3:73 in my last v6 an ill admit that for the price unless ur going to run some forced induction an spray go with beefing up the 7.5 rear end I plan on doing the same to my v6 real soon
Wmcgrattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Don't get a throttle body spacer with a new throttle body.. It restricts airflow! But otherwise it's a good set up!
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I also recommend a tune, a t-lock differential, 4:10's, even a knew coil pack with plugs and wires(a little power w/ 3-4 more mpg). Also with more power I recommend getting new slotted rotors and pads. Oh and get your wheels staggered! That'd be sweet! As or visual mods that's all you.. Jus my 2 cents
Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM   #7

Thanks alot for the info

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Where do you buy your upgrades I usually go to american muscle do you have any recommendations on where esle I can buy upgrades
Old 04-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks alot for the info

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 AM ----------

Where do you buy your upgrades I usually go to american muscle do you have any recommendations on where esle I can buy upgrades
Try stangmods.com or latemodelrestoration.com but American muscle is the best

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang