New interior paneling - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have an 2005 V6 convertible, color legend lime with tan interior paneling. I want to change the panel under the steering column and the glove box and panel on the passenger side to black. Also the center console trim panels(american muscle has them with colored console trim) and the quarter panels in the foot area under the dash also in black. But I can't seem to find restoration interior panels in black. I figured I could get them out of a wrecked 05 with black interiors, but that could be a waiting game. The the dealership I can only imagine the cost! Any idea how I could snag these panels with out hurting the wallet??

This picture is what I want, all black plastic up front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-752940188.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	105066  
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #2

Region: Canada
That looks really stylish
Dillanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
So you had tan with black leather interior.
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

In Las Vegas there are so many mustang! Literally thousand. I see them every time I go for a ride even if its in my neighbor hood. Not to many my color, but I'm going to make sure mine definitely stands out of the legendary lime 05's. just bought mine and I'm excited to fix it up and ride. I'm used to off-reading in trucks. But I love the street just as much. Check out my pictures. Not much done yet. I got my new brakes coming. And a grill and fuel door to order with a few other things. I don't want to dive in the engine to fast. I've got 4 tickets in the last 2 months, and that as long as I've had the wheels so far..... So no HP yet.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
So you had tan with black leather interior.
No my interior is tan. I want to change it to black, mostly the front end of the inside though dash panels, console panels definitely, and quarter panels maybe.. You get what I'm saying?

This is my interior now

All that tan I want to change to black... With the legendary lime trim in the center like the previous picture...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-4150819677.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	105079  
Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I figured out that changing my tan interior to black will be a bit pricey. i mean not to bad, but the dash panel itself is $1888.03 at ford. i dont need that part really but there will be one area on the passenger side that will still be tan. i gues i could cover it with something that will go clean. unless I come across a usable salvaged 05 convertible. I definitely want my stang all black inside with legend lime acsence, for intense on a few door trims, the center console trim. Any ideas how I could make this happen? Where I could look? 05 convertible don't pop up for a free for all often in Vegas.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
They sell a dye for plastic panels.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Is it any good? Will it peal will it look ask original as the real deal plastics. I'm a very meticulous person.. LOL I go big or go home type thing. Any other ideas? Do appreciate it though
Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post
I have an 2005 V6 convertible, color legend lime with tan interior paneling. I want to change the panel under the steering column and the glove box and panel on the passenger side to black. Also the center console trim panels(american muscle has them with colored console trim) and the quarter panels in the foot area under the dash also in black. But I can't seem to find restoration interior panels in black. I figured I could get them out of a wrecked 05 with black interiors, but that could be a waiting game. The the dealership I can only imagine the cost! Any idea how I could snag these panels with out hurting the wallet??

This picture is what I want, all black plastic up front.
Those color matched moldings definitely look great. They add a really cool look to your Mustang's interior! I think the interior of your car is going to look awesome.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Those color matched moldings definitely look great. They add a really cool look to your Mustang's interior! I think the interior of your car is going to look awesome.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Thanks Dan I assume you work there at American muscle?? I actually have purchased a good amount or exterior stuff from there sense I've got my mustang. I'm actually waiting for hawk pads in the mail today with some hash marks and boom mat. I'm looking to get a billet grill and black fuel door, to get me closer to my goal to the simple exterior mods not many left I like simple but clean style and independence in my cars look. But thanks though. I definitely will be calling to order when I get to the performance part of my build which shouldn't be to far. Have a good day.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3497042276.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	557.4 KB
ID:	105185  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Honesty I like.l how your interior looks my black is ehh to blah lol
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next_up23 View Post
Honesty I like.l how your interior looks my black is ehh to blah lol
I do want to keep some tan I was thinking. I do want to change a few thing up though for sure. Like I honestly hate the aluminum silver vents bezels across the dash, they look a bit tacky to what I'm used to. Not really a chrome type of guy. The reason I do want to change some panels to black is for instance the side panels on either driver and passenger side in the foot area, they get so dirty expectably on the passenger side where people are careless to my plastics with their feet. The rear plastics I'm not going to touch.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post

I do want to keep some tan I was thinking. I do want to change a few thing up though for sure. Like I honestly hate the aluminum silver vents bezels across the dash, they look a bit tacky to what I'm used to. Not really a chrome type of guy. The reason I do want to change some panels to black is for instance the side panels on either driver and passenger side in the foot area, they get so dirty expectably on the passenger side where people are careless to my plastics with their feet. The rear plastics I'm not going to touch.
Hmm gave me a good idea not a big fan chrome neither swapping that out will look neat!!
And mannnn I feel you I can stand when people swipe their feet over and over that plastic area lol just gunna have them sit in the back seat haha
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Have you consider asking around some body shops for prices to paint those panels, a nice paint job will look very good and very different from other stangs.
Another option will be to cover them in some kind of vinyl such as carbon fiber, or solid colors. So many options with vinyl. Just need to take your time and will look very good.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Have you consider asking around some body shops for prices to paint those panels, a nice paint job will look very good and very different from other stangs.
Another option will be to cover them in some kind of vinyl such as carbon fiber, or solid colors. So many options with vinyl. Just need to take your time and will look very good.
Ya I've thought of asking a paint place. I'm actually looking into it just dont want it to flake. Vegas is very hot and it wares anything and everything down. But I'll post the pictures when I do. I like different. I've seen but maybe 5 stangs of my color. And mine is the only one with mods on them. So I don't plan to stop in the style I'm bringing
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Also looked at prices at ford. The plastics are really not that bad for certain plastics. Especially if I want to change them out for a original look to them. But at this moment all option are in mind.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

What about plastic dipping them temporally
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #17
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
What about plastic dipping them temporally
Give it a rubbery feeling and attract dirt/dust
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Leave the tan pieces and paint that horrid silver. I painted some pieces in my '07 with rattlecans. Just primer and liberally clear coat. You could probably get a pro to do it for less than those pieces you're looking at too and you could do it in stages, if need be ($ wise).
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Leave the tan pieces and paint that horrid silver. I painted some pieces in my '07 with rattlecans. Just primer and liberally clear coat. You could probably get a pro to do it for less than those pieces you're looking at too and you could do it in stages, if need be ($ wise).
Thats what I really don't like either is the silver. I want black down below, cause of the jerk people that footsie my plastics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang