New interior paneling - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
I have an 2005 V6 convertible, color legend lime with tan interior paneling. I want to change the panel under the steering column and the glove box and panel on the passenger side to black. Also the center console trim panels(american muscle has them with colored console trim) and the quarter panels in the foot area under the dash also in black. But I can't seem to find restoration interior panels in black. I figured I could get them out of a wrecked 05 with black interiors, but that could be a waiting game. The the dealership I can only imagine the cost! Any idea how I could snag these panels with out hurting the wallet??

This picture is what I want, all black plastic up front.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-752940188.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	105066  
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Vancouver
Region: Canada
Posts: 4
That looks really stylish
Dillanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
So you had tan with black leather interior.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
In Las Vegas there are so many mustang! Literally thousand. I see them every time I go for a ride even if its in my neighbor hood. Not to many my color, but I'm going to make sure mine definitely stands out of the legendary lime 05's. just bought mine and I'm excited to fix it up and ride. I'm used to off-reading in trucks. But I love the street just as much. Check out my pictures. Not much done yet. I got my new brakes coming. And a grill and fuel door to order with a few other things. I don't want to dive in the engine to fast. I've got 4 tickets in the last 2 months, and that as long as I've had the wheels so far..... So no HP yet.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post
So you had tan with black leather interior.
No my interior is tan. I want to change it to black, mostly the front end of the inside though dash panels, console panels definitely, and quarter panels maybe.. You get what I'm saying?

This is my interior now

All that tan I want to change to black... With the legendary lime trim in the center like the previous picture...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4150819677.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	105079  
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
I figured out that changing my tan interior to black will be a bit pricey. i mean not to bad, but the dash panel itself is $1888.03 at ford. i dont need that part really but there will be one area on the passenger side that will still be tan. i gues i could cover it with something that will go clean. unless I come across a usable salvaged 05 convertible. I definitely want my stang all black inside with legend lime acsence, for intense on a few door trims, the center console trim. Any ideas how I could make this happen? Where I could look? 05 convertible don't pop up for a free for all often in Vegas.
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
They sell a dye for plastic panels.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Is it any good? Will it peal will it look ask original as the real deal plastics. I'm a very meticulous person.. LOL I go big or go home type thing. Any other ideas? Do appreciate it though
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #8
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post
I have an 2005 V6 convertible, color legend lime with tan interior paneling. I want to change the panel under the steering column and the glove box and panel on the passenger side to black. Also the center console trim panels(american muscle has them with colored console trim) and the quarter panels in the foot area under the dash also in black. But I can't seem to find restoration interior panels in black. I figured I could get them out of a wrecked 05 with black interiors, but that could be a waiting game. The the dealership I can only imagine the cost! Any idea how I could snag these panels with out hurting the wallet??

This picture is what I want, all black plastic up front.
Those color matched moldings definitely look great. They add a really cool look to your Mustang's interior! I think the interior of your car is going to look awesome.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

Those color matched moldings definitely look great. They add a really cool look to your Mustang's interior! I think the interior of your car is going to look awesome.

Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Thanks Dan I assume you work there at American muscle?? I actually have purchased a good amount or exterior stuff from there sense I've got my mustang. I'm actually waiting for hawk pads in the mail today with some hash marks and boom mat. I'm looking to get a billet grill and black fuel door, to get me closer to my goal to the simple exterior mods not many left I like simple but clean style and independence in my cars look. But thanks though. I definitely will be calling to order when I get to the performance part of my build which shouldn't be to far. Have a good day.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3497042276.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	557.4 KB
ID:	105185  
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Next_up23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 106
Honesty I like.l how your interior looks my black is ehh to blah lol
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next_up23 View Post
Honesty I like.l how your interior looks my black is ehh to blah lol
I do want to keep some tan I was thinking. I do want to change a few thing up though for sure. Like I honestly hate the aluminum silver vents bezels across the dash, they look a bit tacky to what I'm used to. Not really a chrome type of guy. The reason I do want to change some panels to black is for instance the side panels on either driver and passenger side in the foot area, they get so dirty expectably on the passenger side where people are careless to my plastics with their feet. The rear plastics I'm not going to touch.
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Next_up23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedelpen View Post

I do want to keep some tan I was thinking. I do want to change a few thing up though for sure. Like I honestly hate the aluminum silver vents bezels across the dash, they look a bit tacky to what I'm used to. Not really a chrome type of guy. The reason I do want to change some panels to black is for instance the side panels on either driver and passenger side in the foot area, they get so dirty expectably on the passenger side where people are careless to my plastics with their feet. The rear plastics I'm not going to touch.
Hmm gave me a good idea not a big fan chrome neither swapping that out will look neat!!
And mannnn I feel you I can stand when people swipe their feet over and over that plastic area lol just gunna have them sit in the back seat haha
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
Have you consider asking around some body shops for prices to paint those panels, a nice paint job will look very good and very different from other stangs.
Another option will be to cover them in some kind of vinyl such as carbon fiber, or solid colors. So many options with vinyl. Just need to take your time and will look very good.
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
Have you consider asking around some body shops for prices to paint those panels, a nice paint job will look very good and very different from other stangs.
Another option will be to cover them in some kind of vinyl such as carbon fiber, or solid colors. So many options with vinyl. Just need to take your time and will look very good.
Ya I've thought of asking a paint place. I'm actually looking into it just dont want it to flake. Vegas is very hot and it wares anything and everything down. But I'll post the pictures when I do. I like different. I've seen but maybe 5 stangs of my color. And mine is the only one with mods on them. So I don't plan to stop in the style I'm bringing
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Also looked at prices at ford. The plastics are really not that bad for certain plastics. Especially if I want to change them out for a original look to them. But at this moment all option are in mind.
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jayjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: California
Posts: 458
What about plastic dipping them temporally
Jayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #17
slow281
Regular
Supporter
 
sixpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cedar Rapids
Region: Nebraska
Posts: 3,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay View Post
What about plastic dipping them temporally
Give it a rubbery feeling and attract dirt/dust
__________________
Need more Horsepower? Add a sticker. Contact me for vinyl stickers pre-made and custom!
Stick on Horsepower <- Click Here and like my Page!
2001 GT - True Blue
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Leave the tan pieces and paint that horrid silver. I painted some pieces in my '07 with rattlecans. Just primer and liberally clear coat. You could probably get a pro to do it for less than those pieces you're looking at too and you could do it in stages, if need be ($ wise).
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
joedelpen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Las Vegas
Region: Nevada
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Leave the tan pieces and paint that horrid silver. I painted some pieces in my '07 with rattlecans. Just primer and liberally clear coat. You could probably get a pro to do it for less than those pieces you're looking at too and you could do it in stages, if need be ($ wise).
Thats what I really don't like either is the silver. I want black down below, cause of the jerk people that footsie my plastics.
__________________
POLICE PROTECT AND SERVE THIER WALLETS
joedelpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:02 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.