Tuner or Exhaust? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Tuner or Exhaust?

So I have a dilemma. I have $500 worth of dodge viper parts that I'm going to sell. My dads giving me half the profit and depending on my grades he'll match how much money I have saved (ie: if I have $400 he'll put down $400) so by the time I sell all that I'll have a good $400-$500. I don't know If I should get the tuner first ($380) or dual exhaust with my dads money match ($800 not including install) opinions?!
Bschmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
EXHAUST & TUNERS

Either one is a Start. I would say Exhaust personally. Exhaust is a broad subject, not a simple one. Ex. Type/Brand Exhaust, Size Exhaust. Cat Back, Axle Back Exhaust. Cat Less or Cat Converter Exhaust. Non Headers or Long Tube, Shorty Headers? A lot of thought and Money can go into an Exhaust system. As well as who your going to gat to do that work for you. Tuners are basically which one you decide to go with. What Emissions laws your State has. Put a lot of thought into whatever you decide to do.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Going with BBK high flow catted xpipe and piping with flowmaster outlaw axle backs. Totaling up to $800. Plus install. I think I might start with that. But the tuner is always a start. We'll see. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Bro for sure get the exhuast set up first!!!!! But Your prolly going to want a different bumper so that more money down the line I just got my gt bumper last week, I didn't like how my pipes stuck out and I wasn't trying to cut them, idk looked kind of tacky to me but trust me a exhuast set up will be perfect for ya, I killed almost a full tank just driving around to hear its magic lmao
Next_up23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Exhaust is my suggestion as well.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
I would say exhaust first. I always thought you gave them a list of all your upgrades so they can make a better custom tune for you. Atleast that what I wa told
Stangsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Like KATO said, an exhaust system is not a simple matter, nor a cheap one either. Looks like you've come up with an $800 system (mine was around $800), plus install, plus a new bumper if you want the setup to look clean as well. That's $1,500+ right there, done right.

Verses a CAI + Tune all said and done being $600, you could get that out of the way the first time.

Edit: in regards to the post above me, I believe you can always email Bama and have them update your tunes as your mod list grows.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Found a good bumper for $215. Not the gt bumper but looks like it has a diffuser. Looks pretty clean. Only problem is the paint. I'm a selling fiend. I try and sell almost anything of mine lol plus I work. So the money won't be an issue. I think this summer will be a great opportunity for exhaust. Thanks for your guys' help!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post
Found a good bumper for $215. Not the gt bumper but looks like it has a diffuser. Looks pretty clean. Only problem is the paint. I'm a selling fiend. I try and sell almost anything of mine lol plus I work. So the money won't be an issue. I think this summer will be a great opportunity for exhaust. Thanks for your guys' help!
Haha, I was like that when I first got my pony, ended up having to buy back some of the things I sold, no regrets though.

What's the bumper look like?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post

Haha, I was like that when I first got my pony, ended up having to buy back some of the things I sold, no regrets though.

What's the bumper look like?
$230 not really a diffuser at all but it matches the look of the California special bumper which will look great eventually

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...6-Dual-Exhaust
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bschmidty View Post

$230 not really a diffuser at all but it matches the look of the California special bumper which will look great eventually

www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/3DC-691566/2005-09-Mustang-V-6-Rear-Bumper-Cover-For-V6-Dual-Exhaust
Meaning this;

http://www.americanmuscle.com/cs-gt-...over-0509.html
Old 04-30-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

My friend has one of those V6 tape-on valences, and is melting and falling apart due to heat from the tailpipes (bad quality made maybe?)

Yes, I have the GT/CS bumper cover on my stang. Don't buy it from AM, buy Ford's accessory kit for $355. I can provide the part number.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
My friend has one of those V6 tape-on valences, and is melting and falling apart due to heat from the tailpipes (bad quality made maybe?)

Yes, I have the GT/CS bumper cover on my stang. Don't buy it from AM, buy Ford's accessory kit for $355. I can provide the part number.
If you could that would be great. Thanks man
Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

6R3Z6320049BA or for a diagram, I'll provide a link below.

Like I said, it's a Ford accessory kit. Comes with all hardware (3 pushpins, 8 or so rivets, misc hardware, full DIY instructions), just needs paint.

No problem man.

COVER. Ford Mustang (2005 - 2009) # 6R3Z6320049BA
Old 04-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Good Info, thanks.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:00 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
You should be able to do the install yourself. I think the majority of brands of exhaust is bolt up but I could be wrong.
03fastblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang