Curious engine swap question?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Curious engine swap question??

I got a 2005 convertible V6. And I love my cars color and style it is beginning to bloom. I know there's not much for the V6 to go all out, so here my curious engine swap question. I found this website years ago that builds custom motor that are BAD ***. Custom painted, full crate motor with option of trans included, options of stacks, and the power you can achieve at a price of course. Spells... BAD *** MOTOR! I'm going to post the site at the bottom. My question is, What would it take to actually successfully fit one of these motors in a newer style vehicle like my 2005 V6 mustang?? I was thinking what it would be like to start my engine and hear nothing but old muscle pouring out the pipes. I've been stuck to this idea for some time. What would a engine swap job like this possibly take to successfully complete with 5 stars. Website is....

http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/ford.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2472392387.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	105336  
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Get a cam for youre motor way easier cheaper and you can get the same sound
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
Get a cam for youre motor way easier cheaper and you can get the same sound
It Is a lot cheaper. i also cant find a cam. Also the power these engines put out is top notch impressive. The sound isn't the only thing I want coming from my engine. Sound is nothing without the performance to back it. We're talking 300HP-600HP out of the crate. It's not something I'm doing tomorrow, so I have the time to truly decide and save the cash. I haven't seen anyone put a motor of these types in a new year model vehicle. These usually go in old school restorations projects. And gas consumption I'm not worried about. I like newer style motors but their boring and bulky and they cram everything in one area to me. Don't get me wrong they look clean. But that old muscle engine start and idle is like nothing else.
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with you i have actually seen these motors and wanted one but as i realized its really easy to put a motor together as long as you take your time You could build your own motor for way cheaper that what im going to do. But i think it really wouldnt be hard to put one of these old motors in a new car but to get it to pass smog thats a different story old cars need about a dozen wires to work you wouldnt need any computers to run and all those sensors to get all your gauges to work would take a little work but i dont think to much and just wait for everyone to chime in and say how dumb this idea is hahah but its really up to you! Dont let people change your mind it may take a little cash but its your car and thats all that matters i think it would look cool and def be different
Old 05-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb.young66 View Post
I agree with you i have actually seen these motors and wanted one but as i realized its really easy to put a motor together as long as you take your time You could build your own motor for way cheaper that what im going to do. But i think it really wouldnt be hard to put one of these old motors in a new car but to get it to pass smog thats a different story old cars need about a dozen wires to work you wouldnt need any computers to run and all those sensors to get all your gauges to work would take a little work but i dont think to much and just wait for everyone to chime in and say how dumb this idea is hahah but its really up to you! Dont let people change your mind it may take a little cash but its your car and thats all that matters i think it would look cool and def be different
Right on man. I really appreciate that. I like thing different and this would definitely be different. Thanks for the insight. I alway take every work and all wisdom in to account. If I wanted to build my own motor similar to those on proformanceunlimited. Do you know a site to start or a place to get the block and like you said take my time and build myself one. Again really appreciate you see my thought.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly id look at summitracing.com their tech department knows a ton and they have good prices on everything

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang