With a V6... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
With a V6...

I would think people would prefer trying Auto Cross or even full blown track racing over Drag Racing. Maybe Ive been in Europe too long, but it sems almost everyone with a Mustang wants to measure performance by how fast it goes in a straight line. The V6, to me at least, would provide better balance because there is less weight, and if you change the rear end and push the battery to the back, not to mention some fairly cheap other mods you could come close to a 50/50 weight ratio. Top that off decent suspension upgrades, supercharger, lighter wheels with good rubber, and brakes and you could have a decent track car for under $25,000....but all anyone ever wants to do is go in a straight line. >.> I'm more for the track than anything, but is that an issue you feel has plagued the refinement of American Cars as compared to European and Japanese? I think that is why, when Europeans drive our cars they are incredibly disappointed. So, I propose Formula 1 or Grand Touring races should be shoved in American faces over NHRA or NASCAR...is it just me?
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
There are a few of us who autocross regularly on this forum. I go about 6 times a year. I have been setting my car up to handle since I purchased it in 07. The power from my 4.6 is adequate, but nothing I want to take to a drag strip. Plus I like to see how my car stacks up to far better handling cars(out of the box), like STi's and evo's.
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
I think more people would Auto Cross if there were more tracks available. Where I'm from there is one Auto Cross track and it seems to have something going on all summer. Witch leaves very little time for open racing. On the other hand. I know of 2 quarter mile strips and 3 eighth mile strips within 100 miles of me. They are open 3 or 4 nights a week and if one doesn't, the other has something going in our class.
Skulls98GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Like I said, maybe Ive been in Europe too long where drag strips are hard to find, but I can get to 4 legal tracks with cheap track days in less than 4 hours or I can go to a couple of illegal tracks my German friends go to a lot and just drive the hell out of my car. In 2 1/2 hours I can get to the Hockenheimring, a very fun track that is 15 euro for 15 minutes, which should get you about 5 laps which is fairly cheap. Or I can pay 600 euro for the most fun day ever where you get to drive a porsche 911, you get to ride along with a GT driver, ride along with a professional drifter and then get to do what they do, plus all kinds of other things. And if you have a friend that owns or manages a place with a big parking lot (one friend owns a dealership/high performance place) and set up your own autocross. I dunno, maybe Ive been too spoiled with the European Auto scene. Im going to have to move near a track when i get back to the states
crackhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post
Like I said, maybe Ive been in Europe too long where drag strips are hard to find, but I can get to 4 legal tracks with cheap track days in less than 4 hours or I can go to a couple of illegal tracks my German friends go to a lot and just drive the hell out of my car. In 2 1/2 hours I can get to the Hockenheimring, a very fun track that is 15 euro for 15 minutes, which should get you about 5 laps which is fairly cheap. Or I can pay 600 euro for the most fun day ever where you get to drive a porsche 911, you get to ride along with a GT driver, ride along with a professional drifter and then get to do what they do, plus all kinds of other things. And if you have a friend that owns or manages a place with a big parking lot (one friend owns a dealership/high performance place) and set up your own autocross. I dunno, maybe Ive been too spoiled with the European Auto scene. Im going to have to move near a track when i get back to the states
I prefer auto cross however I'm only 17 so all I can race is the drag strip. However my car is setup for auto cross

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhutch View Post
And this sounds awesome
1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang