Am i getting a good deal on borla??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Am i getting a good deal on borla???

I just bought borla s-type for 05-09 gt for $275, i know i have a 05 v6 but im running x pipe true dual exhaust. I dont like the exhaust that they put into it " it is some non brand name exhaust" that supposed to be the same as magnaflow. I like the sound of it but its too quite for me. I dont like it to be too loud but just wanted to have deep tone and not abnoxiously loud. Do you think borla is the one?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Yup borla. Best deep sound imo
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:17 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Yup borla. Best deep sound imo
Are they too loud? I mean the inside of the car?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Borla's good with making quality deeply loud catbacks with little drone

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Catted or o/r x?
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
i have borla stingers...love them to death on my v6

now i know my 3.9 has a deeper tone then the 4.0 but hope this helps....stock manifolds..all cats...mac prochamber..and stingers

__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Borla's good with making quality deeply loud catbacks with little drone

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Catted or o/r x?
I still have the cats on it.. How loud is it inside the car if i have this set up?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
wont be loud at all...no drone at least with my setup
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
wont be loud at all...no drone at least with my setup
Thank u sir.. Il just have till set this one up.. Il keep u guys posted..
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
wont be loud at all...no drone at least with my setup
+1
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Please post a video! I want to upgrade my FRPP GTB's but don't want to lose the deep notes they produce.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Please post a video! I want to upgrade my FRPP GTB's but don't want to lose the deep notes they produce.
I will once the shipment arrives and will have my shop put this on, since they have to weld it.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Hey guys this is the picture of the borla i bought online, im not sure if its an s type or touring? On the description it says an s type but when i was looking around it looks like a touring. What u guys think?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Hey guys this is the picture of the borla i bought online, im not sure if its an s type or touring? On the description it says an s type but when i was looking around it looks like a touring. What u guys think?
Oops forgot the picture sorry..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3704948044.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	112642  
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

I will once the shipment arrives and will have my shop put this on, since they have to weld it.
I think the pipe size should all be the same, you might not have to go to a shop for it.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post

I think the pipe size should all be the same, you might not have to go to a shop for it.
Yeah but i think when they did my x pipe and dual exhaust they weld the mufflers in but im not sure. They have to be welded in right? Cos it was from single to dual? Im not sure.. That will be nice if it was a bolt on.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

Yeah but i think when they did my x pipe and dual exhaust they weld the mufflers in but im not sure. They have to be welded in right? Cos it was from single to dual? Im not sure.. That will be nice if it was a bolt on.
They could have welded them. They don't have to. You could always take a look. If they didn't weld you should see the clamps.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post

They could have welded them. They don't have to. You could always take a look. If they didn't weld you should see the clamps.
Thanks again, i will look into that this weekend. I hope i will like this exhaust, i saw this on ebay and cant pass the price got to have them. Do you think this is a touring or an s type?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Seabiscuit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Maryland
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post

Thanks again, i will look into that this weekend. I hope i will like this exhaust, i saw this on ebay and cant pass the price got to have them. Do you think this is a touring or an s type?
I honestly have no idea sorry I can't be more help there, but they should sound great.
Seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post

I honestly have no idea sorry I can't be more help there, but they should sound great.
Yeah cant wait to put them on.. Do you have the same set up? How do you like them?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Got my borla installed and i love every second of it.. How i can post a link here from Youtube..
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Liebert91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: New Albany
Region: Indiana
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I just bought borla s-type for 05-09 gt for $275, i know i have a 05 v6 but im running x pipe true dual exhaust. I dont like the exhaust that they put into it " it is some non brand name exhaust" that supposed to be the same as magnaflow. I like the sound of it but its too quite for me. I dont like it to be too loud but just wanted to have deep tone and not abnoxiously loud. Do you think borla is the one?
Got to love the sound of borla and my opinion best sounding exhaust.will be putting in on my lx in the future
Liebert91stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
http://youtu.be/CUi0tWu-CLY i figured it out, heres the link.. Check it out.
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: N/A
Region: Alabama
Posts: 229
Those are the Touring series. They do sound quite good in your driving video.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
shunc01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Those are the Touring series. They do sound quite good in your driving video.
Thanks, actually its the s type series, but its not as loud as i thought it would be like which i like. I just installed this exhaust do you think its not broken in yet?
__________________
2016 GT RACE RED MANUAL aka " RAGING BULL"
Mods:
Borla stypes cat back exhaust, tint kit all lights, 5.0 race red shift knob, MMD V SERIES SPOILER... and more to come...
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



09:55 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.