Front Bumper Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Front Bumper Help

Hey guys, I need a new front bumper and was wondering what is the best one to get. I looked at American Muscle but it said they were out of stock. Should I just go to Ford? Thanks
ThatsCoolBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Front or rear?

As far as Ford or aftermarket, I'd recommend you just put up the money for a brand new Ford bumper. I've replaced the front and rear bumpers on my car (front being aftermarket and rear being Ford). Over a period of two to three months of modding the aftermarket bumper I finally got the fitment looking OEM and payed like $250 for it vs a new from Ford $350 (not worth the -$100).
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Front or rear?

As far as Ford or aftermarket, I'd recommend you just put up the money for a brand new Ford bumper. I've replaced the front and rear bumpers on my car (front being aftermarket and rear being Ford). Over a period of two to three months of modding the aftermarket bumper I finally got the fitment looking OEM and payed like $250 for it vs a new from Ford $350 (not worth the -$100).
Thanks man. So just get it from ford and get it painted at a shop? How much do you think it would cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
Thanks man. So just get it from ford and get it painted at a shop? How much do you think it would cost?
Depends on what bumper you're getting. Should be around $300-$350. My body guy (who drives a mean 03 Cobra and does excellent work, painted my whole car) charged me around $300 for paint and installation, with a 1 year warranty.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Had the same problems nd decided to go 03-04 cobra. I paid 250 from craigslist for the oem bumper and 200 for paint. Here is a pic, hope it helps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3965515265.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	466.8 KB
ID:	112902   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3640990308.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	112903  

Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:31 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Depends on what bumper you're getting. Should be around $300-$350. My body guy (who drives a mean 03 Cobra and does excellent work, painted my whole car) charged me around $300 for paint and installation, with a 1 year warranty.
Thanks. My front bumper has a lot of road rash on the bottom and the first owner of my mustang got in an accident and had someone do a crappy paint job on the front bumper. The clear coat is coming off now and there's a pretty big space on the right side where the bumper meets the fender. So, hopefully a body shop can fix the gap...
Old 06-09-2013, 03:54 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks. My front bumper has a lot of road rash on the bottom and the first owner of my mustang got in an accident and had someone do a crappy paint job on the front bumper. The clear coat is coming off now and there's a pretty big space on the right side where the bumper meets the fender. So, hopefully a body shop can fix the gap...
Yeah, they may actually be able to repair the bumper and of course repaint/refinish it for a cheaper price than brand new parts and paint.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah, they may actually be able to repair the bumper and of course repaint/refinish it for a cheaper price than brand new parts and paint.
Thanks maan and I hope so! Also, where did you get your rear bumper? Like how'd you get it to look like that?

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Had the same problems nd decided to go 03-04 cobra. I paid 250 from craigslist for the oem bumper and 200 for paint. Here is a pic, hope it helps
Thanks man. I was talking about my 06 mustang but I also have an 04 that I got in a wreck with. I need a new hood, lights, and front bumper for my 04 so, I might go with something thats not stock
Old 06-10-2013, 04:13 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

No problem. That's the GT/CS rear bumper, bought it as a kit from Ford. Came with the bumper, all hardware and rivets. I have a part # and more info if you're interested.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Hey guys, I need a new front bumper and was wondering what is the best one to get. I looked at American Muscle but it said they were out of stock. Should I just go to Ford? Thanks
I'm sorry we can't help you out at the moment since the bumper you're after is Out of Stock. Please shoot me over the part number you're looking for and I can give you an ETA on when we should be expecting them back at our facility!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang