Paint Help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Paint Help

I don't know what to do. My clearcoat right under the right 1/4 window is chipping. I heard that putting clear nail polish helped. But, then I decided to sand it off lightly and apply that 2 in 1 clear coat from autozone. What can I do to make it not chip away anymore or is the something I can install put under the window besides louvers?
ThatsCoolBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
You can either touch it up by yourself, or have a local paint shop do it a little bit more professionally. Either way, it won't look good up close (unless you cover it with a louver, etc.). As a last resort, you can pay a paint shop to refinish your clear coat in that area/panel.

I removed my door moldings (ex-rental car) and the clear was chipping and spreading bad. I had them sanded and refinished. I've also had a few other areas professionally touched up as well.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
You can either touch it up by yourself, or have a local paint shop do it a little bit more professionally. Either way, it won't look good up close (unless you cover it with a louver, etc.). As a last resort, you can pay a paint shop to refinish your clear coat in that area/panel.

I removed my door moldings (ex-rental car) and the clear was chipping and spreading bad. I had them sanded and refinished. I've also had a few other areas professionally touched up as well.
Alright thanks. The only problem is that they'd have to remove the window to really do it. So I just sanded it down and put some touch up clear on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
Alright thanks. The only problem is that they'd have to remove the window to really do it. So I just sanded it down and put some touch up clear on it
How did that turn out!?
Dylee86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylee86 View Post
How did that turn out!?
Well you honestly can't tell unless I showed someone what I did. Its in the space between the window and the body so its not like its very noticeable.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsCoolBro View Post
Well you honestly can't tell unless I showed someone what I did. Its in the space between the window and the body so its not like its very noticeable.
Glad everything worked out!
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang