Whats the next mod i should do? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #1

Region: Canada
Whats the next mod i should do?

I already installed true duel exhaust and am thinking I want to get a cai next or a ram air hood which works better? thought about throttle body just dont know which of these products gives me more bang for my buck and also which brand seems to be the best. Want more power and better throttle response. Thanks!
Stanger88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Go with the CAI plus a tune. Don't buy a CAI that doesn't require a tune, you'll be wasting your money. Another good option is to upgrade your rear gear to a 3.73 or even 4.10. You'll def have a smile on your face! 3.73 is a good compromise between fun and fuel economy.
Stratstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

Alright thanks that helps me out! Which of those rear gears gives me more jump from a stop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

4.10's for sure! Def limits you on the hwy though.[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 06-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #5

Could you explain the differences between the rear gears?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanger88 View Post
4.10's give you more pull through the gears due to the ratio. Your hwy rpm's will suffer. You may be close to 3k at 70 mph. 3.73's offer a great pull and more reasonable hwy rpm's. Your hwy fuel economy will suffer with either one, but less so with 3.73's.

Either way, you will need to recalibrate the speedo for the gear change with a unit available at American Muscle or a local shop may be able to do that as part of the gear swap.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Pretty much the higher you go, the faster they rotate your tires. Meaning you will jump off the line faster but only with the proper tires and suspension that can handle the jump
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #8

I got the pony package would that suspension be enough to handle it?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah, provided that it's not worn out.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #10

I would think so my baby is still under 50,000km

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Wouldn't *
Old 06-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Wouldn't *
Everything has pros and cons to it, the more aggressive you go the more you will wear those tires out and burn gas alot faster. Some have gone 3.73 and wish they went 4.10, some wish they went 4.30 over 4.10 so on and so forth. Just make sure you know exactly what you wanna get out of your stang. Some strive to be aggressive but fuel economic to save gas and tires at the same time. Me personally, I'm like "f' it" I want my baby to be as aggressive as possible so I more than likely will get 4.30 for street use "not racing though" while 4.56 is like for drag racing. I don't care about top end speed but I have aspirations to achieve a strong 0-60....
Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wouldn't *
You should be good. One suspension upgrade you may consider is rear lower control arms to help eliminate wheel hop on take off. American Muscle has a great selection. Rockauto.com has Shelby LCA's priced reasonably. Good luck with your project! Mods are addictive!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Everything has pros and cons to it, the more aggressive you go the more you will wear those tires out and burn gas alot faster. Some have gone 3.73 and wish they went 4.10, some wish they went 4.30 over 4.10 so on and so forth. Just make sure you know exactly what you wanna get out of your stang. Some strive to be aggressive but fuel economic to save gas and tires at the same time. Me personally, I'm like "f' it" I want my baby to be as aggressive as possible so I more than likely will get 4.30 for street use "not racing though" while 4.56 is like for drag racing. I don't care about top end speed but I have aspirations to achieve a strong 0-60....
I hear ya. That stop light to stop light race is a big one, not to mention a strong pull at speed. Unfortunately I need a fun factor / financial compromise. Can you get 4.30's for the 7.5 or have you upgraded to the 8.8 rear end?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #13

Yeah that's exactly what I want just that quick 0-60 I don't need to go 200 been there done that , also wondering about if that 7.5 rear end will work with those 4.30's?
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratstang View Post

You should be good. One suspension upgrade you may consider is rear lower control arms to help eliminate wheel hop on take off. American Muscle has a great selection. Rockauto.com has Shelby LCA's priced reasonably. Good luck with your project! Mods are addictive!

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I hear ya. That stop light to stop light race is a big one, not to mention a strong pull at speed. Unfortunately I need a fun factor / financial compromise. Can you get 4.30's for the 7.5 or have you upgraded to the 8.8 rear end?
I believe 4.30 is 8.8 only, and I know this is a V6 forum but I have a GT so it's awready 8.8. I just like sharing my personal opinion on the topic if it proves helpful. I don't get into the whole GT/V6 debate I just like talking Mustangs

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what I want just that quick 0-60 I don't need to go 200 been there done that , also wondering about if that 7.5 rear end will work with those 4.30's?
I don't spend a lot of time on the highway either, more city driving here so the odds of me being able to 120mph and not worry about a radar gun is near impossible so what the point. I want that quick get up go to fly by people who shouldn't be on the road.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I believe 4.30 is 8.8 only, and I know this is a V6 forum but I have a GT so it's awready 8.8. I just like sharing my personal opinion on the topic if it proves helpful. I don't get into the whole GT/V6 debate I just like talking Mustangs
I'm with you. No debate. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Minnesota
The tuner is def worth it. Just my .2
Old 06-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Roma5 View Post
The tuner is def worth it. Just my .2
+ 1,000 Yea it's kinda pointless to get any major mods an not have a tuner. Everything stems from the tuner, intake, gears, exhaust, needs to be tuned for it to work properly. Tuner is step #1 for anybody just getting started if you ask me. Speaking of which I need to get mines lol
Old 06-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+ 1,000 Yea it's kinda pointless to get any major mods an not have a tuner. Everything stems from the tuner, intake, gears, exhaust, needs to be tuned for it to work properly. Tuner is step #1 for anybody just getting started if you ask me. Speaking of which I need to get mines lol
The only tuner issue is that emission tests are now done from the obd port, at least where I am. Tuners may shut off some sensors resulting in an emission test failure. If you reset the tune to stock, then you may get a mil light on the dash as the parameters no longer match your mods resulting in failure also.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #19

Hmmm I never even thought about that side of it
Old 07-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Go with the CAI. I love the sound mine makes
ErikMustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang