Cai / tune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Cai / tune

What u guys think about getting cai w/ tune? Does anybody have experience with cai with no tune and switched to cai w tune? Right now i have cai w no tune and bama tuner, it feels a lot better w/ just cai and bama tuner but i was thinking about getting the cai w tune. Does it make a difference or should i stay with one i have right now? If i get it what brand?
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
The real gains will come from the tune. U don't have to have the most expensive cai.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
The real gains will come from the tune. U don't have to have the most expensive cai.
Do you think i would see a difference from what i have right now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #4
Registered Member

Regular

Are you talking about getting a dyno tune or just buying a cai and tuner combination?
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Are you talking about getting a dyno tune or just buying a cai and tuner combination?
No i already have the tuner from bama but my cai is no tune needed from bbk, i was thinking about getting cai with tune needed on them. Do i feel a difference if i get them? Or the one i have right now is okay?
Old 06-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #6
Registered Member

Regular

The one u have if fine. I don't think u will see enough gains to dump that much money back into another cai. Ur money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless of cai, most of the gain is gonna come from the tune.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The one u have if fine. I don't think u will see enough gains to dump that much money back into another cai. Ur money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless of cai, most of the gain is gonna come from the tune.
Thanks good point..
Old 06-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Not sure what you are making with the No tune CAI ... We've found between 16 -20 more rear wheel horsepower with this Steeda kit combined with the required SCT tune. Power you can feel!

It depends on your budget and if you are looking to keep the car for a few years ... the investment may be worth it if you are going to keep your car and add other modifications.

Best Regards,
TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Not sure what you are making with the No tune CAI ... We've found between 16 -20 more rear wheel horsepower with this Steeda kit combined with the required SCT tune. Power you can feel!

It depends on your budget and if you are looking to keep the car for a few years ... the investment may be worth it if you are going to keep your car and add other modifications.

Best Regards,
TJ
Im looking at steeda cai, how come it doesnt come with the hose or tube? It looks like it uses the factory hose.. Is this true? Unfortunately i lost my factory intake.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
What u guys think about getting cai w/ tune? Does anybody have experience with cai with no tune and switched to cai w tune? Right now i have cai w no tune and bama tuner, it feels a lot better w/ just cai and bama tuner but i was thinking about getting the cai w tune. Does it make a difference or should i stay with one i have right now? If i get it what brand?
You're current set up is definitely make a large difference, over stock! However, if you just change your intake to a tune require set up, you won't see to much of a difference over you're current CAI. The most important thing is you already have a CAI and Tune!

I would probably recommend going with a set of Gears next. This is definitely one of my personal favorite mods and is the most beneficial modification you can do, when it comes to the butt dyno!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

You're current set up is definitely make a large difference, over stock! However, if you just change your intake to a tune require set up, you won't see to much of a difference over you're current CAI. The most important thing is you already have a CAI and Tune!

I would probably recommend going with a set of Gears next. This is definitely one of my personal favorite mods and is the most beneficial modification you can do, when it comes to the butt dyno!

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan
Thanks dan, gears it is, i sent you a pm for codes.. Thanks..
Old 06-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #12
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Thanks dan, gears it is, i sent you a pm for codes.. Thanks..
Sounds great! I've replied to your PM with the discount code, Enjoy.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the Gears, or anything at all!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang