Convertible - Subframe connectors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
Region: New Jersey
Convertible - Subframe connectors

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new to the site, but have been "stalking" for a bit looking for tips on ways to improve my new to me 2006 V6 Vert. I've been researching ways to tighten up the suspension of the car and I have used the search feature (On this site and several others). I know the V6 is no torque monster, but the roadways in NJ aren't that forgiving so the car twists a lot (a lot to me).

I am interested in the BMR Subframe Connectors (SFC's), but everything I find on them says that you need to remove the factory installed braces to use them. My question then for anyone who has done this is, does removing the factory braces have any detrimental effect? And does replacing them with the BMR SFC's show any improvement? I've been driving for 26 years now and this is my first vert, so I am not familiar with them at all...

I am open to suggestions from my fellow V6 Convertible enthusiasts.

Jimljr145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Europe
The S197 has an extremely strong chassis. The convertible even a stronger one. i wouldn't bother with that. also, i can see you have a pony package which means you have some improved front and rear sway bars. so the only measurable difference would make some lowered springs and maybe a strut brace since it's a convertible
Knooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang